Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

If I order from Amazon now will I still get the costumes?

Says you do right on the page...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

Niddhogg posted:

Writing the "Dear Victor" letter made me think that I should run some sort of "reverse clockw0rk" team with Doom in the front and Strider as anchor.

I think he might do that now since Doom builds insane meter and Strider with x-factor 3 and ouroboros is supposed to be insane. I think he actually was the one pro guy I heard that from at WNF or CC live perhaps.

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)
Isn't Nem's Level 3 with X-factor supposed to one-shot you with little to no start up time?

I'm probably gonna roll with Vergil/Nemesis, Firebrand/Arthur, and Strider. Strider's assist seem like they'll help Firebrand and Arthur get in.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
"You have cast a spell of boredom on me." - Dr. Strange, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN92N1OpHTg

*does 1.145 million points of damage*

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Broken Loose posted:

*does 1.145 million points of damage*

For four meters.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

flatluigi posted:

For four meters.

Nick does that in only 3: (skip to about 2:34)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74kgySPuKhg&feature=player_embedded

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 13, 2011

kater
Nov 16, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

If I order from Amazon now will I still get the costumes?

The PS3 version defaults to a non-Amazon store and I have no idea how to check if the Amazon pre-order still has it, but the Xbox version clearly does so probably.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

flatluigi posted:

For four meters.

Oh, I'm aware. The loop is nice, though.

Is anybody willing to trade me the Amazon costumes for one of the other packs?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

The more I think about this Wesker poo poo the more it's getting me mad. Seriously, what the gently caress Capcom, you don't make characters purposely high and low tier like this.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

flatluigi posted:

For four meters.

We don't know exactly how much it builds though as he started with 5. I'd estimate around 2? It's hard to know with the new slower meter gain. Cool combo anyway, I love how late you can relaunch after the crumple.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

The more I think about this Wesker poo poo the more it's getting me mad. Seriously, what the gently caress Capcom, you don't make characters purposely high and low tier like this.

Love the new Wesker stuff, love Wesker, haters are chaff. :smug:

Six billion cries of agony will birth the new (im)balance.

Cinroth fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 13, 2011

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I hope Wesker gets tourney banned :colbert:

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Dre2Dee2 posted:

When playing against Wester my FUN rating drops far more than against other characters.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Wesker is the funnest character in the game. gently caress the haters??

Spaceship Zero
Jul 24, 2006

The soul of vengeance is a robot dinosaur

Seriously, what the gently caress Capcom, you don't make characters purposely high and low tier like this.

Uh, yeah they do. Since the beginning of time.

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Getting 1st place is impossible...
So excited, I actually signed up for the tournament. Now I should probably play some MvC3 in hopes that I become not crap before Tuesday.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dre2Dee2 posted:

No Items
Wesker Only
Training Stage

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Cinroth posted:

Love the new Wesker stuff, love Wesker, haters are chaff. :smug:

Six billion cries of agony will birth the new (im)balance.

I just don't think it's good design to power up a character by beating on him (and if you look at the SSFIV thread, most people agree on this).

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

TaurusOxford posted:

No Items
Wesker Only
Training Stage

Heh, no items, just another nerf for Hsien-Ko.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

TaurusOxford posted:

No Items Cards
Wesker Only
Training Stage

It's a good day to be a Wesker player. :smug:

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Getting 1st place is impossible...

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Heh, no items, just another nerf for Hsien-Ko.

and Nick. Evidence is banned. :ohdear:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I know this was posted at the end of the last thread but holy gently caress Spencer is ridiculous now.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Nick does that in only 3: (skip to about 2:34)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74kgySPuKhg&feature=player_embedded

I'm gonna stick a yellow pillar of magic up that lawyer's rear end everytime he tries to get to that mode.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ynQVOCcx4&feature=fvst

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

FSLink posted:

So is there a Google Doc or something of XBL/PSN info of goons who are going to play UMvC3?

Sure, I'll make that again. Can't think of anything else worth adding in there...

:siren:

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 GOON LIST!!!

Spreadsheet:
http://tinyurl.com/umvc3goons

Entry Form:
http://tinyurl.com/umvc3goons-new

:siren:

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I got to play Ultimate for quite a few hours at my fighting games casuals last night. I'm pretty bad so I didn't play anyone besides my preconceived Hawkeye-Haggar-Dr.D team. I really don't get what Hawkeye's gameplan is; I get how to play keepaway with doom but Hawkeye's arrows don't have nearly the same pushback or chip damage on 'em. I also don't really know what to do when my opponent jumps, there was a guy playing firebrand and it was just an awful matchup; the greatest marksman in the world but I can only shoot straight ahead or straight up :what:. Counter-hitting people with the slide was pretty easy, but I didn't know how to make it safe on block.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Fenn the Fool! posted:

the greatest marksman in the world but I can only shoot straight ahead or straight up :what:.

Yes, he can.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I got to play Ultimate for quite a few hours at my fighting games casuals last night. I'm pretty bad so I didn't play anyone besides my preconceived Hawkeye-Haggar-Dr.D team. I really don't get what Hawkeye's gameplan is; I get how to play keepaway with doom but Hawkeye's arrows don't have nearly the same pushback or chip damage on 'em. I also don't really know what to do when my opponent jumps, there was a guy playing firebrand and it was just an awful matchup; the greatest marksman in the world but I can only shoot straight ahead or straight up :what:. Counter-hitting people with the slide was pretty easy, but I didn't know how to make it safe on block.

Hawkeye can shoot his command arrow at a diagonal upward angle from the ground, and he can tiger knee downward-aimed arrows as OTG options. On top of that, his single shot super instantly hits the opponent no matter where they are (except during hard knockdown).

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Broken Loose posted:

Hawkeye can shoot his command arrow at a diagonal upward angle from the ground, and he can tiger knee downward-aimed arrows as OTG options. On top of that, his single shot super instantly hits the opponent no matter where they are (except during hard knockdown).

You mean arrows with just H can be shot at an angle or are you talking about the Z-input arrows (because I couldn't reliably AA with those)? The OTG shots don't have to be TK'd, the QCB move gives you a hop and you just hit L or M after that (or maybe H, not sure). OTGing with the poison arrow into Gimlet wasn't as tough as I was expecting, but that didn't stop me from dropping it about 25% of the time.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dosvidanya posted:

I've been playing for the last couple of days, and, as everyone I've played with in the past can attest to, I'm pretty bad.

I've settled on Nova/X/Strider for now with Doom being the obvious second there. I know not everyone has their hands on the game yet, but I just can't figure out a good second. I've tried Frank for shopping cart/level 3-4 combo attempts, but TACing isn't reliable enough for that and Frank has a hard time opening people up with the strider assist I've found since there's only the one hit so his roll can't cross up.

So, I'm rather stumped as to what'd give my team some synergy. My inner chen says to take Felicia for her rolling buckler assist since hit block or miss it makes air human rocket punch pretty safe while at the same time setting them up for a follow up combo on hit.

Anyone have any other ideas that I can flail uselessly around with? :shobon:

Keep in mind I have no scene here and I play online :twisted:

I thought you meant X as in Zero with the megaman skin... I think this is a sign, you know who you need to use!

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Fenn the Fool! posted:

You mean arrows with just H can be shot at an angle or are you talking about the Z-input arrows (because I couldn't reliably AA with those)? The OTG shots don't have to be TK'd, the QCB move gives you a hop and you just hit L or M after that (or maybe H, not sure). OTGing with the poison arrow into Gimlet wasn't as tough as I was expecting, but that didn't stop me from dropping it about 25% of the time.

Just H. Even if you do the multiple command arrow volleys you can shoot each individual arrow at different angles to cover wide portions of the screen.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Kuvo posted:

I know this was posted at the end of the last thread but holy gently caress Spencer is ridiculous now.
Spencer doesn't need his wallbounce to OTG anymore? :allears:

e: Holy hell Hawkeye's damage output is terrible (from the same guy's Hawkeye videos).

e2: Watching the Taskmaster videos makes me wonder too, is the arrow lift loop still in Ultimate?

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 13, 2011

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

With DLC and getting this game I am going to spend like 80 dollars and I'm loving awful but goddamn it is so fun

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yeah but isn't most of that poo poo just stuff tested in the lab? it's not like every single thing he CAN do will actually be viable against everyone.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

https://www.youtube.com/user/deelaneejah

That channel has several Vergil-related UMvC3 videos, including the Isedelica combos redone in HD, Vergil vs. Dante intro and win quotes, and showing off that the "Crown of Thorns" Spiral Swords formation goes away on hard tag or aerial exchange.

Also, here are a couple Firebrand combos including a Luminous Body relaunch combo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha6aLZAXywA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_oBE48Rzp8

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 13, 2011

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MinibarMatchman posted:

yeah but isn't most of that poo poo just stuff tested in the lab? it's not like every single thing he CAN do will actually be viable against everyone.

That's true, but that wasn't exactly a particularly difficult combo for a lot of strong players, and I think it was more to just showcase his damage. We already know that maximum wesker does ~400k before scaling if you mash, so even spending one more meter will greatly increase that combo's damage.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Let's ask the Blazblue thread how they feel about this

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Are the recovery frames of Frank's camera shot hyper cancellable? I'm seeing all these level 5 corner combos popping up and camera cancelled into his anti air grab seems like the most obvious thing ever.

Also, since rocket punch xx HSF whiffs now, but they flip out really high, I wonder if it's useful at all to use it to DHC into Frank/Spidey/She Hulk

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
It was shown that you could otg his camera into hyper so I assume it's possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
Some Phoenix Wright stuff from someone who has the guide at SRK:

quote:

I am reading it right now so I will be editing this post every time I find something very useful but I want to begin saying that Missile assist OTGs and has 5 durability points

Directly from the guide: The game will never allow you to have three slots filled with false evidence

Many of Wright's command normals are using the same button you press in the previous move to activate it for example:
The command move that flashes a light bulb and is jump cancellable is made by pressing H during st.H makes contact with the opponent.
He also has a command normal that is cr.H during cr.H makes contact with the opponent but is not jump cancellable and knocks-down but maybe we can follow it with S.

Paperwork and Press the Witness assists are 100% invulnerable in Turnabout Mode. The guide even says that you can make a beam THC from Akuma, Ironman, and Ryu and none of them will hit Wright.

Paperwork assist in Turnabout has beam durability and being 100% invincible makes it as reliable as Press the Witness

Order in the Court hyper destroys all the false evidence

There's no mention that Paperwork High specials are overhead.

Maya's specials are called "M-Maya!?"

Simple and yet perfect name for lv3 hyper: Ace Attorney

A great aspect of Maya's hyper (called Steel Samurai Maya Smelting!) is that as we know the hyper is like an assist so Wright can move freely during the hyper and the guide mentions a good pressure example to open your opponent: the last hit of the hyper is low and you having control of Wright you can try an overhead and make an unblockable setup from this. j. Objection anyone?

:stare:
Order in the Court removing all false evidence sounds great, instead of trying to throw them away (seems to have slow startup), just combo into the OTG super.

• Locked thread