Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Good thread title, straight to the :megaman: point. I was tired of that Soujah title too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Does anyone know if Turnabout Mode does anything for the "Get 'em Missile!" assist? More durability perhaps?

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

Groghammer posted:

Re:Sentinel, I think they only removed the ability to Rocket Punch xx HSF when doing an OTG.

and does it even matter in the end? Sentinel fly/unfly combos take you from mid-screen to any corner, and instead of HSF you just do Rocket Punch L xx Plasma Storm... no?

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

Tae posted:

The Mayor's problem has always been being zoned out, and now especially with zone characters being buffed in a sense with no blocking airdash, he's worse as a character along with a nerfed lariat.

As long as he is still one of the best "get the hell off me" assists in the game, he'll be around. Don't you worry.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

Dodgeball posted:

Is there a decent list somewhere of point-characters and anchors?

Not... really... With the only real known anchor character being Dark Phoenix, who deeply suffers being on point.

Players over vanilla's lifespan have made a variety of different team setups with point characters and anchors work out. Where someone swears by using character X as an anchor, you'll have someone do better with character X as a point character and vice-versa. It really depends more on your play-style and team synergy more than anything.

Some characters have really powerful assists (Sentinel Drones, Haggar Lariat, Wesker Gun-shot, Akuma Tatsu, etc.. etc..), which ultimately lends to them becoming an anchor character, in order to gain the most benefit from the assist... Yet at the same time, you'll see examples time and time again of people going against that line of thought, with situations like [Row vs. F.Champ] at the last vanilla-MvC3 major with Row playing Sentinel on point in the Grand Finals.

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 17, 2011

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

ShooterHeart1CC posted:

Oh, so the L is using teleport. Like I said before, figured I was overlooking something stupid.

That aside, I'm really liking my Zero/Vergil/Strider team. Anyone wanna comment on why this is a bad team in the long run? I prefer to use characters I like, so I've just been sticking this out. I'm getting more wins than losses lately, but if for some reason this team isn't viable I'd like to switch it around soon. Right now I'm just playing online for fun.

edit: Vergil assist is random slashes and strider is teleport.

The only real downside is the combined health of your entire team is less than Thor's alone.

well... not really...

but seriously... each member in your team should die in one touch

which is ok, if that's what you want, I guess

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

Gamest Mook posted:

Higher health is probably a considerably greater advantage at lower levels of play where people arent going to land their TOD combos consistently.

While I do agree it's an advantage at lower level of play... Contrarily though, Some of the biggest boons of top-tier players like Justin Wong starting with She-Hulk, or Combofiend starting with Nemesis, is that it forces the opponent to make a significant sacrifice (whether it's early X-factor, multiple hyper meters, or snap-backs) in order to get rid of the high-health threat, which subsequently allows their 2nd and 3rd characters to come in with a meter advantage.

You'd often see the 1st high-health character get killed without landing a single hit, yet when the 2nd character comes in, you take a look at the meter and they've got nearly 3 while their opponent has half-of-one. This allowed them to ride a momentum all the way to the end of the match.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

Has anyone found a use for C.Viper's Optic Blast in a combo...? combo starter...? ender...? anything really..

It seems pretty useless at this point...

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 30, 2011

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I really like both Chen and UltraDavid. Seriously, they are probably the two commentators I secretly wish are commetating whenever I tune-in.

Also this is an interesting read about the subject of commetators if you haven't already read it.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

kaujot posted:

G4's Fighting Words is streaming online live, with Clock, Viscant, and ShadyK playing ranked. They're also answering viewer questions.

http://www.youtube.com/user/g4tv?blend=1&ob=4#p/l/0jb4qk0zQ94

Edit: I think AXE COP just had a question answered. :unsmith:

This is the first I've heard someone, Viscant in this case, refer to two characters "as a shell"... "I really like Sentinel and Doom as a shell"... what is that exactly? The last 2 characters?

vvvv I'm in Canada and can see it, so maybe NA

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

Sorry if this has been asked before, but could anyone tell me what exactly determines which side the opponents next character comes in after you've downed a character on their team?

I was playing at my buddies the other day, and this problem kept coming up of the opponents character coming in at the complete opposite side than expected. I was always under the impression that the next character comes out depending on the side you are facing during the killing blow, but now I am really not so sure...

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 21, 2012

• Locked thread