Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)

Revitalized posted:

And the leaked alt costumes!

It's like they love to piss off the Mega Man fans (which I fully approve).

I love Firebrand's alt, and it's neat that you can roll with an Arthur in boxers. I wonder how that would work with damage properties and his King's armor when it runs out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

flatluigi posted:

It's the cursed armor. Instead of going boxers-grey armor-gold armor, the DLC costume is skeleton-boxers-cursed armor.

Is the cursed armor the Samurai one from the psp game? I can't wait to see the skeleton model in action!

Any word if Firebrand's titles are based off cards like Red Arremer King/Ace/Joker when you unlock them from Mission/Arcade mode?

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

Isn't Nem's Level 3 with X-factor supposed to one-shot you with little to no start up time?

I'm probably gonna roll with Vergil/Nemesis, Firebrand/Arthur, and Strider. Strider's assist seem like they'll help Firebrand and Arthur get in.

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

FauxCyclops posted:

Are you loving serious, Steve the grocery store manager from Dead Rising 1 has a sticker, the whole collection is like a rogues gallery of lesser-known or b- and c-tier characters, and not a single loving one is a Killer7 character?

I'm going to dress up as a heaven smile and suicide bomb the Capcom offices, and be indirectly responsible for the delay of Gene/Megaman DLC so they roll them into Uncanny MVC3

I...don't know anyone from Killer 7.

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

Who do you think could fit into a team of Strider and Firebrand? I see people use Sentinel with Firebrand, but I'm not feeling Sent (I keep leaving myself opened, and Sentinel's screwed when he takes a combo). I thought about Vergil, and just go with a "Glass cannon, screw it all team," hoping my assists will add pressure when I get in there. I also though about Frank and just recently Morrigan thanks to some matches with Altiesen.

Arthur Seems to click with Doom.

Schmendrick fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 3, 2011

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

Boxman posted:

I like how Gootecks is just :geno: while Mike is going to loving town on that stick.

I like how Gootecks tries to get cocky only to lose more matches on the shows (Has he actually won anything?).

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Firebrand is good but I don't think he should be paired up with Ryu and Hawkeye, they don't really do much for helping him start his bullshit mixup and reset game and Firebrands assists are all kind of rear end so putting him on anchor isn't the best idea, even though a loaded Firebrand in XF3 is devastating.

Also another thing to think about is how Samaria Edge gives Ryu so much damage to his combos it's hilarious.

Firebrand's Demon Missle Swoop assist is really good, and Chris G never uses it when he has the chance. It's another way to add pressure if you got a guy like Wesker or Frank fighting (which is what I'm toying around with, placing Firebrand as my BnB anchor). Firebrand could help Ryu and Hawkeye with the swoop (definitely Hawkeye if Hawk's going to be spamming arrows during X-factor).

The problem I'm seeing with guys who use him is Firbrand's being treated a like a rush down guy, and his aerial tools aren't being used. I think he's more of a "I'm just going to annoying the bejesus out of you by poking and adding pressure until you mess up" like you would be fighting him in the GnG games. Of course, if you have the opportunity to slap someone on the ground go for it, but someone like Spencer or Wesker who can slap you stupid hard might make you want to think about other options.

Eh, just my two cents on Firebrand.

v v v
Combofiend and Viscant are the only two guys who really bothered to explore Marvel, and not just exploit the original "top tier" characters from MvC2 (well, at least Combofiend with Spencer).

Schmendrick fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 23, 2011

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

Heath posted:

I switched over from the 360 version of the game to the PS3 since I'm sick of paying for Live, and I've noticed a few things, and I wonder if anybody else's experience has been the same. Notably, I've never gotten hatemail or ragequits on Live, but I've gotten both on PSN. Weirdly, my connection has been a lot more consistent on PSN than on Live, too.

The stereotype of PSN players being more mature is off because I ran into people who screamed/cursed at me during Little Big Planet games (I wanted to slap everyone I played the PS3 version of Harmony of Despair with, and this from grinding a character for 65 hours with people on Live). Say what you want about Live (it's denizens aren't any better than PSN's), but you're an idiot to think PSN's this "awesome, SoCal gaming community" nerds make it to be. Connection-wise PSN seems meh, but then I live in a redneck area.

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

"" posted:

Going nuts over SoCal rips

I...wasn't even serious with half of the comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

Countblanc posted:

This is all very interesting but... wait, no it isn't very interesting at all!

I agree. Anyway, I still think Firebrand's aerial game has to be used a little more if he's going to be used in a fight. Frank and Strider seem good for pressure, but I haven't tried Wesker's non-otg assists (might as well have Wesker for the heck of it).

• Locked thread