Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

And what's encouraging is that Lions Gate was apparently pretty open to the idea with Twilight, they just didn't think it was a good idea while they're still making money off it in other ways. It sounds like they definitely left the door open to doing it in a few more years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

While I'm not nearly at the same point of anger and frustration as that guy, I definitely have been thinking along similar lines. It's great that all of these screenings have been happening, but it's been a long time and we still have no idea when the blu-rays are coming.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Ballz posted:

Well, the restoration print is done and Ben has it, so I imagine he has greater control over getting it screened. The DVD/Blu Ray release is being handled by Synapse and is getting additional features and content put together for it. At this point I'd figure it's in Synapse's hands as to when it comes out, not Ben.

Yeah, I understand this, and I don't really fault Ben for the delays. I can wait. The frustration is more with the lack of communication on the subject.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

DarkSol posted:

Also, isn't it well known that contributing to a Kickstarter isn't a "promissory note" entitling the contributor to anything?

Kickstarter's terms of use seem to disagree:

quote:

Project Creators are required to fulfill all rewards of their successful fundraising campaigns or refund any Backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill.

Not that I'm asking for a refund (I've never even considered it). When I backed this project, I knew I was contributing to Manos' restoration and preservation, not pre-ordering a blu-ray. The criterion forum guy doesn't seem to recognize that. My only issue was that the blu-ray has slipped so far past it's estimated delivery date with very little word on when it will actually come. I'm satisfied with Ben's response though, and I look forward to getting a chance to see the restoration, no matter when that will happen.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Frozen-Solid posted:

Yes, but that implies that Ben Solo is not fulfilling rewards, which he clearly is. It's just delayed. That's the difference. Note the line before that:

Ben Solo is clearly both able and willing to fulfill the rewards, so therefore he is not required to give refunds. Being late does not warrant a refund.

Totally agree. I've never doubted that the blu-ray is actually coming. I was only addressing DarkSol's post suggesting that Kickstarter backers aren't necessarily entitled to their rewards.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Yeah, as frustrating as it is to not know anything after so long, it's hard to blame Ben for the delay itself once there's a distributor involved.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Artsygrrl posted:

Honestly, with all of the care put into this project (and legal hurdles), I'm just happy to see it reaching the finish line. It's not like he's been updating us from the Bahamas or anything.

Honestly, he's not really been updating us at all. The delays are understandable, but the communication has been really poor. I don't follow the project on Facebook, but I would at least expect a Kickstarter update with the info from that post.

Still, I am happy to see that the discs may finally really be coming.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

That cover art is fantastic.

Rirse posted:

That is perfect. I regret missing the kickstarter, so here hoping it goes up on sale for non-backers.

According to Synapse's Facebook post about the cover art, the general release should be in October (though there's no exact date yet) and Kickstarter backers should get it some time before then.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Ben, I haven't gotten my disc yet and I feel really dumb because I can't figure out how to send you a message via Kickstarter.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Diabolik900 posted:

Ben, I haven't gotten my disc yet and I feel really dumb because I can't figure out how to send you a message via Kickstarter.

Update: I figured out how to send a message. It's pretty straightforward. I don't know how I missed it before.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I complained in this thread a couple of times over the years about the lack of updates on the blu-ray, so I thought I ought to say that I got my disc and it looks incredible. Thanks so much for doing this Ben.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Yeah, I sent him a message too, but haven't heard anything. Thankfully mine came a few days back.

• Locked thread