Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

soupcan58 posted:

Wow, looking at the visual quality difference of the workprint and the version everyone has seen is just absolutely shocking. Put me down for support on this one if you ever do an HD release. I can't wait to see what comes of this.

That's what happens when you blow it up to 35mm with dubbed audio, shrink it to 16mm, and then convert it to NTSC TV tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Special Guest Riffer: Joel Hodgson :allears:

and Trace Beaulieu if we're dreaming.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
The only problem I see with this is that the film doesn't have a soundtrack. Maybe that other 16mm print does and they can transfer it or something?

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You mean region 1? No fuckin way, that's horrible.

No, Blu-rays have a new region set-up: A/1, B/2, and C/3.

Also, good to see the NPR coverage, definitely the saner of the goons interviewed by them, and the amount of press that can get. I just hope that the sound-transfer from the other 16mm print is decent and that the Son of Manos or whatever people don't go crazy and do something dumb.

Also, I've talked to other people about this and there's an irrational fear that the transfer will get "gooned" up, please don't let this happen.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
By "goon" it up I was referring to adding some dumb forums joke into the film. I know you wouldn't but I know people who are worried.

mod sassinator posted:

I love it when a plan comes together.

It would be really cool to see this in theaters. It seems like a good fit for a lot of small indie/cult/mom&pop theaters to show. Any idea what it would take to get a film like this distributed to theaters?

edit: For example these guys in Seattle would probably play it.

I'm pretty sure that the Colonial Theater in Phoenixville, PA (about 1/2 to hour outside of Philadelphia) would show it. They show MST3K's every two months and I'm sure that Manos would get an audience.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Quixotic Pickle posted:

Indeed. He may seem like one, but has Torgo paid his tenbux?

The master will not lend me his credit card. [/torgo-patter]

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Max Awfuls posted:

Ben, I know you must be looking primarily towards the american market, but Arrow Films in England has been publishing a lot of classic italian horror and american B-movies from the 70's and 80's in really nice Blu-Ray collector's editions, it would probably be a good idea to have a word with them about this.

Did they do the Bronx Warriors trilogy (1990: Bronx Warriors, Warriors of the Wasteland, and Bronx Warriors 2: War for the Bronx)? That set set seemed nice from what I saw online/

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I don't know what you guys are talking about

This looks extremely

natural.

These look like video games, and not in the good way.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

jisforjosh posted:

http://vimeo.com/35354214

First video clip, not fully restored or color corrected

I did a side by side with that clip and the MST3K episode and it's amazing how different it is. It's like a well lit nightmare of a film now :stare:.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

TrixRabbi posted:

I do have high hopes for the new Manos riff soundtrack. I know that when Cinematic Titanic did Santa Claus Conquers The Martian they made sure to not repeat a single joke from the MST3K episode, so hopefully Rifftrax will do the same for Manos.

Rifftrax did a short that was done on MST3K years ago (What about Juvenile Delinquency?) and managed not to repeat a single joke. I don't know if they can do that for 80ish minutes of hell though because there's so little to talk about.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Ben Solo posted:

It was actually the ranch of Colbert Coldwell, a respected county judge. I do want to find out how exactly they wrangled permission to shoot there, though. Today, it's pretty much burned out and demolished.

Looking at the fireplace in the movie I can't say I'm too shocked. That's a great find by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Ballz posted:

That's probably gonna make for some awkward edits during the "host" portions of the event.

Oh well, good riddance to that fuckstick. :unsmigghh:

Honestly I didn't even notice the edits and had completely forgotten about that segment.

• Locked thread