Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalies
Mar 1, 2010

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

I had always thought the "last known photo" quality of Manos was what made it creepy, but these stills are really intriguing. I really can't wait to see the difference in the feel of the movie when it is clear enough to see.

Hell I have trouble even imagining that Manos looked anything other than murky, even right out of the camera. But here it is, in focus.

What a great find, good to know the news is getting out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalies
Mar 1, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

It was just 32 seconds. Watch it again and get a stopwatch ready and time the cuts.

There's at least one take in the finished film, when the Master wakes up Torgo (and when Joel snaps in the MST3K version), that's almost 80 seconds long. So did they borrow another camera for that one, or is the 32 second thing just a legend?

Anomalies
Mar 1, 2010

Angela Christine posted:

I think that came up earlier in the thread, and the camera can be connected to electricity and will run as long as you want. If you don't use electricity you can wind it up and it will run for 32 seconds. Sometimes they use electricity, and sometimes they wind it up instead.

I guess extension cords weren't invented until the 1970s. :confused:

That makes sense, especially since that is an indoor scene. Not using extension cords at all just adds to weird charm, like when the cops walk five feet and then turn back.

Anomalies
Mar 1, 2010

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

The sheer historicity of it all finally convinced me to watch the movie - god, it really is that bad.

Not every bad movie deserves its reputation. Manos certainly does.

And drat, that Rifftrax announcement is great. Another thing to look forward to!

• Locked thread