Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Ben Solo posted:

Every frame looks like someones last known photo...

and put me down as wanting a copy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Ben Solo, I support you and all you stand for!

Don't let this Rupert rear end in a top hat try to bully you on giving him anything, he sounds like a total rear end in a top hat who sounds like he is raping the Manos corpse more than Conrad Brooks been raping Ed Wood's legacy!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Whoa, now. Conrad is a friend of mine, and he helped Ed through some real tough times. He doesn't own the rights to any of Ed's movies. To accuse him of "raping" Ed's legacy is terrible and untrue.

Two friends of mine worked with him on a film. One as camera man and the other wrote the script. A film that didn't get released due to Conrad loving everyone over, trying to steal credit for the script, tried to steal the other friend's camera (the camera was an expensive one that he bought with his own money way before working with Conrad, Conrad tried to say he owned it now because "it filmed 20% of his movie")

He then pissed off all the actors and the person who was letting him film at a house in town. When the actors and the house owner quit he then tried to pull a pity excuse of "you guys are assholes, my wife is dying and you all need to come back and finish this movie with no pay!"

The whole time working with him, when someone tried to explain how a shot should be done or how something he added to the script didn't work/make sense he called them amateurs, and went on a rant about how he worked with Ed Wood and how no one on set but him knew what they were doing.

Doesn't help that all Conrad Brooks films look like they are shot on camcorders and on the boxes they shout out that he worked with Ed Wood.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

I'm glad that Ben Solo's project is getting all this buzz while that other rear end in a top hat is sitting somewhere crying about how Ben is not in this to help the survivors of Manos.

And it looks like Joe Warren may be helping out with Ben's project more than the "I'm getting MMA and WWE people to redub the movie." guy

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Saw the kickstater link pop up in the post your fave MST3k thread, after checking to make sure it was Ben's project and not that other guy's I pitched in 50 bucks!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Magic Hate Ball posted:

No, it will, just with more resolution.

Someone's last know photo... taken with a digital camera.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

So the other rear end in a top hat says Joe Warren isn't involved... yet he is letting Ben check out his films and helping with the sound track...

Does the other rear end in a top hat know what's going on or is he thinking that no one would look into Ben's project?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Why... Why would I want some weird version with new sound, new script, new editing, new music and goddamn visual effects in Manos? :psyduck:

Are they... are they trying to fix Manos? :stare:

Sounds more like he is trying to make the original Manos fit into his poo poo sequel.

He is pulling a "Star Wars Prequel" move.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Ben Solo posted:

Not at all! This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping would pop up when I posted this thread.The t-shirt designer I'm working with went nuts over the newspaper ad when I showed it to him. He wants to vectorize the movie's ad logo- I'll be sure to post it when he does.

Remember when I said I was working on a special treat? Well here's a little preview: an image you're all familiar with, now in startling 2k straight from the Scanity:

[edit] Oops, Imgur compresses these things... better quality here.

Got this pic though the kickstarter email, checking it on my HTC Evo phone hand having that pic just pop up on the screen was a bit creepy!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Rirse posted:

All this "The Kid" talk keeps making me think that Ben Solo hired the Narrator from Bastion to help narrate Manos: Hands of Fate.

I would pay extra for this! A version where it's just the narrator from Bastion telling the story while the movie plays with no other sound track!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

I thought kickstarter used info from amazon.

If not... need to change my addy too :ohdear:

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Still waiting for my shirt and pin. That iOS game looked goofy as hell, cant wait for it to come out on Android.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

I also got my shirt and pin today. Stuff looks awesome!

Still waiting for mine :smith:

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Welp looks like my shirt came in today. Wife let me know that a package came in and it looks like a shirt so cross fingers!

EDIT: Yep, came in yesterday!

BooDoug187 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 9, 2012

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

Well, it's here:

Manos, The Quilt of Fate

I hope The Master approves.

Oh I hope those hands just push him over!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

Just caught this on Jackey Raye "Debbie" Neyman Jones' Facebook page:

Would love a print too, what facebook or site can you put in for preorders or whatever? I looked her up on facebook but she has 2 different profiles and I would feel weird if I like tried to friend the wrong one or whatever.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Get paid tomorrow, might have to get one, wish i could have a copy of the original

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Ben Solo posted:

Since releasing the "Manos" soundtrack on Bandcamp under a creative commons license, I've gotten many links to uses of the music. However, this is by far the weirdest place I've seen it pop up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpZhrmYt7rA

That was weird, and when the dialogue from the film kicked in at the end was the icing on the cake.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

I'm the co-owner of the label that's putting out the Manos LP and it's been a long gestating project for us. It's coming along really good, though. We've been working the best possible elements for the release and have cooked up some cool artwork for the jacket.

Plus, Torgo's Theme will be on a locked groove at the end of side A, so it can be played infinitely if you should so desire.

Can't wait to share more about the project with everybody!

Well.... just got my wife a record player. I know what my first vinyl I'm buying is going to be!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Mine came in yesterday. Thanks to my new work scheduel I wont be able to watch it till maybe Friday.

Still waiting for the soundtrack to come in. Got an email saying the shipping label was made but nothing else happening on that one.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Watching my copy now. So weird that I just noticed that they repeat the same lines over and over. Was that mainly when they dubbed it or was the script that poorly written?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Just watched the behind the scenes on the blu ray and now knowing most of the film was almost adlib makes the movie more fun!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Possibly Chicken posted:

Blu Ray collectors are the worst type of collectors and I say this as one.

It's the internet in general. No matter what you say, do, or offer there will always be that one person who will find the one tiny thing to nitpick about and they will blow it up to the largest affront to god that has ever happen. And of course there will be those who piggy back onto that one guys thing to make it about their crap!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Note the "White Nationalist's Guide to the Movies" on the sidebar, complete with MST3K cutout heil-hitlering.

I wonder how the people who run that site feels about this scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsYYnwhn4g4

• Locked thread