Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.
Man, I remember the melted harness. I think we thought it was a fuse and ended up running all around Canaan, CT to find one. Of course, nobody had that, not that it would do any good. A $600 tow from Limerock at night in the freezing dark, early November and back home you were.

Great (stupid) times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

Octopus Magic posted:

Some dude was selling them on evolutionM and I had wanted to get a set of TCII (didn't have the size I wanted and they're discontinued) or TCIII (Too much money) buit RGII's are okay.

I lowballed the poo poo out of him because they're a set of five wheels and two need to be refinished. He wanted 1800 and I laughed pretty hard.

They're actually the wheels I linked earlier in this thread. I'm probably going to have the car towed maybe at the end of the month to the shop.

Looking forward to replacing a radiator at 4am on a Thursday. Again.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

If I ever move back to MA, you have my wrench. No giving up (unless you buy an Evo).

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

jamal posted:

Funny story about k-sport:

A friend of mine in AZ has KW race coilovers (a step above clubsports) on his STi which are about 3500. He's friends with the k-sport guys so they offered to give him a set for free. When he said, "no thanks, I like my current suspension," they asked him why on earth he would bother to spend that much on coilovers. And these are the guys that go racing with that RSX. I don't get it.

You mean coilovers aren't just for a sweet drop?

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Motronic posted:

That's the way.

It's really, really easy to diagnose these things down to at least an individual circuit. Depending on what circuit that is and what is on it things can get trickier after that, but it's typically not too difficult.

Not fixing it means you have an unknown issue that very well may come back to bite you in the rear end in the form of a failure on the road or worst case a fire.

Good thing he won't be daily driving it. What exactly is so hard to understand about "Because it's already been played seek and find by people who are much more qualified than I am? Considering the fact that the car is going to be driven at best once or twice a week, it's cheap insurance."

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Motronic posted:

The part about not understanding the potential for failure or fire in an electrical system that has an obvious problem.

He can spend $60 to fix the issue and be done with it instead of spending hours/days chasing down an electrical gremlin. This car is, again, NOT a daily driver. A failure can be remedied with a jump and a fire is incredibly unlikely.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Nait Sirhc posted:

I miss the really cool '90s setups, like the Blitz half-DIN meters that would talk to each other if you had both of them, or the DEFI HUD meter (I still have the brain box for this in the DIN box in my 92 Laser, and I haven't bothered to get it working in 7 years).

I still have a working SAFC in my car, but I only use it to read MAF readings for when I have to calibrate the GM MAF with my ancient DSMlink v2 & MAFT.

UGH. I still have nightmares about working with the SAFC-II.

Octopus Magic posted:

Car pissed all its tranny oil out of the axle seal on the pass. side. Fun. Where do I buy Redline shockproof for cheap?

Car won't start at all, replaced the starter, getting 12V main power. power to the switch isn't working. Ignition switch is functioning, just not getting any power to it. Huh. :(

Turner Motorsports
16 Hunt Road South
Amesbury, MA 01913
(978) 388-7769
https://www.turnermotorsport.com

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Octopus Magic posted:

I called up JIC and it's going to be around 800 bucks for a full rebuild with new shocks, fresh exchanged springs, and completely rebuilt all around. I'll be sending them out at the end of the week or so (I hope).

800ish is a lot cheaper than spending 1700+ on a Koni setup that it's more or less equivalent to.

Does JIC USA still hate John or have they kissed and made up?

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Octopus Magic posted:

JIC might not be the best but 2G DSMs are really limited on suspension offerings, and they were good enough for me at NHMS and Limerock. For 800 bucks vs. 1800 for very slightly better performance isn't worth it. K+W varient 3s are dumb and don't come with upper mounts (which is RIDICULOUS for a loving 2300 dollar suspension setup) so I'd have to get that custom machined and get better spring rates than what they come with which is a whole lot of effort++ for another "okay" shock.

If I had my druthers I'd drop 5-6k on a set of custom Ohlins up at AMF Motorsports in New Hampshire, but I'm really not at that level.

Not until you beat me at Mt. Akina you aren't.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Good memories of that car :( Did you leave the Grand Slam Pro stickers on?

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Octopus Magic posted:

All stickers were left on the car including Mai Merodee. :sigh:

Ohhhhhh buddy. :(

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Ah yes, the rare Ecliplon Spyder-Coupe

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Hahaha.

The Talons look like poo poo, screw rarity.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

thvwlshvscpd posted:

http://www.advanwheels.com.au/wheels/wheel.aspx?id=15

I want those. I have the worst taste in wheels.

I totally support this decision

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

kimbo305 posted:

drat, DSG didn't have enough clients to stay afloat?

They had a good customer base and closed with no debt, etc. they were just not making enough personally to make it worthwhile for all the BS.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Octopus Magic posted:

GT-R owners are the old MkIV Supra owners. :ssh:

With traction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Octopus Magic posted:

I've been thinking about how my steering wheel is off by that 8 degrees or so, should I just re-align the car, or replace the rack?

Re-align first.

• Locked thread