Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Last Saturday I went to see Susie Essman (from Curb Your Enthusiasm) do standup, and she was loving AWESOME. She didn't really have much of a set or many bits, they were basically little bridges between her joking with and about the audience. I love when comedians do a lot of audience stuff, 'cause it really feels like a more unique show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
The Conan O'Brien episode is fascinating and hilarious, highly recommended.

Somehow I posted in here when I meant to post in the Nerdist thread. :doh:

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 14, 2012

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Popelmon posted:

Were you looking for the Nerdist thread? Because I'm really looking forward to listening to that episode.

poo poo, I totally was. :doh:

Well, in stuff that's relevant for this thread, I'm going to the taping of Chris Hardwick's standup special on Friday, really looking forward to it - I saw him do a standup set before a live Nerdist podcast and it was hilarious.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Glitterbomber posted:

"Fake nerds" is the dumbest, most privileged, thing ever. I have no idea how Munn and Hardwick aren't nerds by any metric other than bitter people desperately clinging to their persecution complex declaring them not meeting a random benchmark of social reject. It's fitting the only comparison you can make is that 'I like football' thing because it's also an insane 'HEH a GIRL liking my insular hobby?! Yea right, attention whore!' thing.

Yeah, agreed here - I dunno about Munn, but I've met Hardwick, and his nerdiness is quite genuine.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Yeah PFT's was recorded in October.

Seems like it's gonna be a good year for specials. Chris Hardwick did his earlier this year, Garfunkle and Oates just did theirs, and apparently Kumail Nanjiani (who is awesome and yall should check him out) is prepping his hour. And TJ Miller's Mash-Up is filming now.

I was at Hardwick's taping, it was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
What's the general consensus on Richard Jeni here? I absolutely adored his comedy and was thoroughly depressed when he killed himself.