Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
This movie...wow. As someone who was an original Muppets fan this was the holy grail. What a comeback for these guys. While Segal and Adams are good in their roles, this movie isn't about the human actors. It is purely about the Muppets. That said, the first 10-15 minutes of the movie sort of drag a bit. After that it is pure hilarity.

This is a perfect example of a movie that both adults and kids can love. True, the plot is sort of weak but it doesn't matter. This movie is full of jokes that Muppet fans will love. It's a pure recreation of the Muppets that doesn't stray from the original humor.

That being said, I don't know that this movie would win over people who have never seen a Muppet movie/TV show before. One of my friends came with us who never saw anything Muppet related before (really? These people exist?) and didn't understand why we loved this movie so much.

There's also a musical number by Kermit that almost brings a tear to your eye to hear modernized.

To sum it up: This is the best the Muppets could hope to be without Jim Henson in control. The voice actors and writers did an incredible job and it was so good to see fresh Muppet material after so many years. It is such a fun movie.

If you're a Muppet fan, easily a 5. If you're a kid, easily a 5. If you're not a Muppet fan...Probably more like a 2.5 to 3.

If you ever liked the Muppets, do yourself a favor and don't miss this great comeback.

Git Mah Belt Son fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slaphappynickname
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Saw it with my wife, 9 year old daughter, and 3 year old son. I'm the only one who grew up loving the muppets, but all of us loved the movie (Though it did have more impact on me).

The music was fantastic, as was the humor. As stated in the previous review, the first 15 minutes or so are rather slow, but it ramps up and never stops delivering after that. In my opinion, this film was perfect.

6/5

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
I grew up watching the old "Muppet Show" reruns on Nickelodeon, and I really have to clamp down hard on my credit card not to buy the full seasons when we spot them at the store. But goddamn, after this movie, nostalgia might just get the better of me.

Saw this last night with my wife and brother-in-law, and it was really, really good. I have to agree, though- there were some slow parts early on, and if you don't know The Muppets, from the get-go, you're not going to "get" this movie. If you DO remember them- do yourself a favor and go see it!

Edit: I don't mean anything of what I just said from the standpoint of bringing your kids. Your kids are going to love it regardless. I'm just saying you, as an adult, won't enjoy it as much if you don't know The Muppets. Take your kids!

4.5/5