Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clearly not a horse
May 8, 2009

undue butt brutality is not a criminal offense
This movie was brought to you by the director of lovely films like Die Hard 2 and Deep Blue Sea, Renny Harlin. It was a box office failure and is a failure in terms of the number of explosions vs number of good reasons for the explosions to be there at all.

There is a huge amount of things in this movie that don't make sense. Like why the gently caress did Morgan Adams try to blow up the boat with a huge amount of gunpowder while deep below the deck and risk everything she had gone so far to get in the first place, including her own life? and why did the antagonists shoot cannons after her during the chase scene in the town without knowing a thing about who she was, what she had done and so on? Also, their shooting would do a lot of unnecessary damage to the town. Don't mind the spoiler tags, as you will probably never see this movie anyways.

Despite a lot of flaws, I enjoyed this movie. It was also a childhood favourite of mine, so a bit nostalgia did affect my appreciation of it. It is a fun movie to watch, with stunts and explosions and all that. Geena Davis is hot too, so there's another reason to watch it i guess. It also employs an avalanche of cliches to annoy you. There are twists and turns, but they are generally predictable. One liners may occur too, so watch out!

The biggest flaw this movie has however - two actually - is that stupid smart cute monkey and the script. Unbelievable things happen in this movie, like the spoiler-tagged text. Their unbelievability even ruins the most sturdy suspension of belief. Beside all that, I like this movie very much. There is nothing good that actually stands out, EXCEPT the music. The music is magical, swashbuckling as hell and generally very incredible. But in the end, this movie is pretty mediocre.

3/5

Note: If you listen to the theme song, you may be very tempted to see it. The music gave this 2/5 flick a 3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqSebZKVe70
Edit: Explosions!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU