Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
We've been using Alton Brown's recipe for brining turkeys on Thanksgiving the last couple years and they have been progressively better each time.

I do love me some food network though. I like watching the Unwrapped type shows the best I think if only because they're fun to see how things are made/GIANT versions of food.

If the Cooking Channel is also a part of this discussion I will say I resent the fact they don't seem to show the original Iron Chef as much as they used to. Love me some Iron Chef, not so much the American one though for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Vanderdeath posted:

Toshiro Kandagawa and the Kandagawa Faction were the undoubted antagonists of Iron Chef. I mean, sure, it was soap opera-y, but some of those battles were the best battles on Iron Chef. When Toshiro cut all of his hair off and came back serious as all hell, you knew poo poo was gonna go down. It was almost like a culinary wrestling show whenever he featured.

Speaking of which, is there a place to view the old Iron Chef episodes? Last I heard, they were having some sort of trouble keeping the rights to the Backdraft music and Food Network lost the rights to show it or something.

That was absolutely my favorite part of the show. The fact there were literally factions that tried to take down the Iron Chefs. The one I remember most was the Outa faction when they'd come in with their huge banners and just stand there all quiet the whole time. Just trying to beat that upstart Morimoto.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Timby posted:

Food Network-related ... the new issue of the magazine came in the mail today. (I know, I know ... my wife likes it, and occasionally there are some pretty great recipes in it.) There's a feature in it titled, "50 Grilled Cheeses." You know, fifty ways to prepare a grilled cheese.

This is an older post but my parents also get that magazine and I tried the "waffle grilled cheese" from it the other day. It went surprisingly well!

• Locked thread