Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I watch a lot of Chopped with MY GIRLFRIEND. We're also watching The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs or whatever it's called.

I swear Scott Conant or whatever his name is has to be the fussiest judge ever. One minute he won't eat red onion, the next he's complaining about the contestants' pasta, and then he's whining about red bell pepper or another thing he just can't eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I Ozma Myself posted:

Alex G's the worst part of chopped/anything FN, hands down.
Scott is so, so much worse. At least from what I've seen. Although you're right that Alex can be unnecessarily picky with her complaints. It really depends.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I loved how Geoffrey Zakarian totally ignored the ballpark challenge, and basically made what he wanted. Of course it got him in trouble, but half the time he doesn't seem to give a crap.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Electric Bugaloo posted:

It's like the big fiasco with the music on the Daria DVDs.
It's also keeping The Wonder Years from ever getting a DVD release. Oddly though, both Amazon and Netflix are streaming the show now, but several songs (including the main theme song) had to be replaced to avoid the issues.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Limbo posted:

They deserve to get some great food to taste to make up for the school cafeteria worker episode a week or so ago. I have loads of respect for anyone who tries to make kids' meals healthy and tasty, but those poor ladies were just so out of place and the judges were trying so hard to be nice about some terrible dishes.
Yeah, I didn't like that episode either, if for no other reason that it felt like a special episode where the competition didn't matter much. I was also getting tired of that White House chef doing all the talking.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Elliot Rosewater posted:

I didn't believe you about the ratings, so I looked it up.

I...how? Why?
The audience for both of those people is enormous, for whatever reason.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

I know it's been brought up previously, but GODDAMN, watching Scott Conant bitch like a spoiled child when any tiny shaving of red onion is present on his plate is one of the most obnoxious things I've ever seen. I'm really starting to hate Chopped.
Which is hilarious to me because these judges have eaten some pretty disgusting things meat-wise before. But red onion? Now you've crossed the line!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jamesman posted:

And speaking of Chopped, the one I'm watching now has a recovering alcoholic on it, and one of the rounds had alcohol as a basket ingredient. Dick move, Food Network.
Or when one of the chefs is a devout Jew or Muslim. Then it's all pork for you, buddy!

• Locked thread