Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MAXIMUM SWEAT
Apr 21, 2003

by Lowtax
Sweet Genius guy is unsettling to look at. I can just imagine him with that blank look and beady eyes peering into someones window at night. The show is awesome though, his criticisms have become sayings in our house whenever someone makes some food: "Light...airy....delicious! You are now a Sweet Genius, LIKE ME".

The Guy & Racheal show is horrible, but not because Guy & Racheal are unbearable (they are) but because the "celebrities" are so loving full of themselves that it makes the show aggrivating. That swimmer lady can not go through one interview without mentioning how she was a pro swimmer and Lou Diamond "When people mention that they enjoy my films and now ALSO love my cooking!" oh my god when was your last movie 25 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MAXIMUM SWEAT
Apr 21, 2003

by Lowtax
I tried to enjoy Hells Kitchen but it is just way too over the top. I imagine that Ramsay has to ratchet up his intensity a little bit for every season and by now at Season 9 or whatever its just ridiculous. Plus, these people are Chefs and Sous Chefs but they cant get one entree out in an hour? Really?

His other show Kitchen Nightmares (I think) is way better, if only to see restraunts with grody rear end kitchens and fridges and then he loses it in a much more believable way.

I dunno if his show was first or Irvines, but Irvine is just so bland I can't stand it.

MAXIMUM SWEAT
Apr 21, 2003

by Lowtax

ToastyPotato posted:

Hell Kitchen is a pretty bogus show, and I believe one of the finalists actually came out and said that the show purposefully makes things difficult by pulling them out of the kitchen for interviews while they are cooking and loving with the stoves so that they burn or under cook things.

I knew it, there's just something off about the whole thing like a whole bunch of people behind the scenes pulling a bunch of levers and pressing buttons to get the producers expected output of an episode.

• Locked thread