Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Vanderdeath posted:

I miss Molto Mario and Mario Batali in general. He needs a new show. Watching Molto Mario reruns in the dead of night got me interested in cooking, along with reruns of Good Eats and the Galloping Gourmet.
He actually is on a new-ish daytime show, on ABC, The Chew. I've never seen it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Both chefs on Chef Hunter always seem to be terrible.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It's like now he's double mad at you, because you are being an rear end AND didn't follow the list.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah, it's really just a hook to make a Top Chef competitor. Same as Next Iron Chef. Seems to be working though, given how many series both have had.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I Ozma Myself posted:

Are you sure about that? I don't think so.

edit: I was wrong! First season of NFNS ran 2005, first Top Chef was 2006.
Now, of course, I remember reading an interview with someone like Alton Brown where he mentioned that and was a bit smug about it, too.
Yeah, I had to look that up too. I think it's that no one really watched the first season of NFNS and it was only 5 episodes and didn't have a memorable winner.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Why he thought he could win on Iron Chef, or Chopped is beyond me. He lost to Guy Fieri for fucks sake.
Any TV time is good TV time for these guys.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Why is there another "spying on the low paid staff of a restaurant" show, this time hosted by a guy that makes Donald Trump seem warm and inviting?
My first thought on seeing that ad was that Food Network felt like they were missing out on the "fix a restaurant" genre, but then I realized they have Restaurant: Impossible so who knows?

criscodisco posted:

Is anyone watching The Great Food Truck Race?

Yep. I do think the "start everyone from scratch with no prior experience" makes it a lot more even of a playing field. The previous seasons were this weird mix of experienced trucks and newbies, and the experienced people always called in favors everywhere and dominated.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Well best case for those kind of things is that they reshoot them after the fact. Like the outside view is real and the inside shot is faked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Frot Lesnar posted:

Additionally although I am a liberal I laugh at your notion of government inspectors having the time and resources to scour every restaurant under their dominion.
Inspections seem to work well in cities where there are enough restaurants to make it a full time job.

Like around here, they even get the results posted in the local indy newspaper: http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/estaurant_inspections_island_spice/

• Locked thread