Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
I was having the same problem, hope its fixed today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
From developers:

quote:

NoReconnect Error:

Please look in your KillingFloor/system folder for a Steam_AppID.txt file and delete it. This should fix your issue. At that point DO NOT launch the Toy Master mod via the Steam Library. As of now we have disabled this ability and it will give you an error. You can still play the mod by launching Killing Floor and going to Game Modes when it is downloaded.

We are looking into why this file is being generated and why it is causing this problem. We do not have the ability to remove the file from players systems so please help spread the word if you know players who have this issue.

Slow Server Browser:
It is overloaded from the amount of players/servers from the free weekend. As a work around for that we suggest using the Steam server browser for now.

Right click on Steam in your System tray and select the "Servers" option.

For server admins who have had trouble updating their servers to Killing Floor 1062:

Once we reproduced this locally, we managed to fix this issue by navigating to the folder where the SteamCMD executable is and deleting the "Appcache" folder that is part of the SteamCMD folder structure and running the update again.

So any admins who are experiencing this issue should attempt this fix.

Hope this helps.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Is there a goon server anymore? Tired of spending all my time on the stupid browser trying to find a good one.

If not, is there a good server that people like to play on?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
After playing KF again for a bit, I remembered how awesome it is being a Commando. Set the SCAR or AK-47 to semi-auto and watch as every trash zed's head explode one by one with a satisfying "head explode" sound. :fap:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Getting several bouts of zed time in a row and just hearing that big noise when it starts is so satisfying, headshot after headshot. It's doubly great because you know someone somewhere in the group is getting pissed off, Graah why won't the slomo end goddammit I'm just trying to walk to some ammo there's nothing happening here!!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Tomato posted:

Is there a goon server anymore? Tired of spending all my time on the stupid browser trying to find a good one.

If not, is there a good server that people like to play on?

I'm pretty burned out on vanilla KF, lately I've been spending all my time on some heavily modded servers with custom perks, weapons and zeds. I like it because when you're level 1 out of 40 a clot can wreck your poo poo, but as you level up you can really feel yourself becoming more powerful. I always felt you hit the lv6 ceiling in regular KF way too soon, you'd have to grind for months to max out on some of these. And your stats are stored server-side so no SAM cheating.

Horzine Gaming: 162.248.88.227:7707
My favorite, but I don't think they've updated for the Halloween patch as it's been empty since last week :( Has the best balance of mods and a decent 'community' of regular players. One of the rules is not to pick up other people's guns and sell them, and a few players LOSE their poo poo whenever it happens :v:

Ultimate Game Server: 72.5.195.163:7707
2nd favorite behind Horzine, I like the custom zeds a bit less but some of the weapons a bit more. Both are pretty good.

BMT Texas: 74.91.120.96:7807
This is one I just started playing in since Horzine is down. Seems a bit jumbled and disorganized, no real team play to speak of but if you bring a couple of friends you could make a decent go of it.

BMT California: 107.181.166.142:7807
Same.

DeadZed: 199.233.246.217:7707
This one is nuts, also disorganized as gently caress. Once you die you can possess zeds L4D style and attack your former teammates :D

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
How do I turn off the screen-tilting effect on Icebreaker?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Zero Star posted:

How do I turn off the screen-tilting effect on Icebreaker?
Isn't it only active when playing solo?

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

SinineSiil posted:

Isn't it only active when playing solo?
Nope, just encountered it on a MP server. I was under the impression it was one of the options in the Display menu, but randomly tinkering with the settings didn't work.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Icebreaker is tilting online for me as well. I'm glad I got all of its achievements when I did because I can't imagine playing a full game while the map constantly tilted.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
A few weeks ago I tried out a few custom servers to give them a fair chance. I found that all of them boiled down into camping a small spot while people who've spent hundreds of hours on the server cut down Clot, Stalker, and Fleshpound reskins and the regular enemies that all have a comically large amount of HP. Meanwhile, you, a nub with low-level perks, have to pay out the rear end for any decent weapon, run out of ammo about halfway into a wave, and barely scratch foes. Matches tend to last at least two hours, so it's just you standing around. healing and repairing armor in a desperate attempt to be useful, and occasionally picking off the lone Crawler/Stalker/Shiver while dudes that have high-level Heavy Gunner, Commando, and Demo perks slice through enemies with high-end weapons that never seem to run out of ammo and support turrets.

I can see how it'd be interesting if you invested enough time in leveling up perks, but having to struggle through a lot of very long matches to reach a half-decent level is really boring for me.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
That's all fair, all the custom servers I mentioned above are way more camp happy than the vanilla game because all the zeds are turned up to 11 so striking out on your own is instant death. I still dig them because for me half the enjoyment of the game is starting out weak and getting stronger. I'm sure we've all had everything at lv6 for years in the vanilla game, hitting that last class cap took away a big carrot for me in terms of having something to work towards, even if it was kinda lovely like hunting down stalkers as my Commando.

It varies by each server, but usually the grind isn't too bad for the first few levels, one benefit of all the zeds having 1000s of HP is it's much easier to rack up lots of damage more quickly than regular KF.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0brZ8y_zDsw

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I wish the "destroy x things" achievement isn't too frustrating this time. The money bags in the castle was some bullshit.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that one really sucks, I'm not even attempting it. The chemistry vials one was OK because when you were close to one you could hear a bubbling sound. They should all have some kind of audio/visual cue when you're nearby. Those moneybags just blend right in to the rest of the map, and there's 50(?) of them.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

If they want to give us a real Christmas gift, they'd halve the Commando's Stalker requirements.

Takes No Damage posted:

Yeah that one really sucks, I'm not even attempting it. The chemistry vials one was OK because when you were close to one you could hear a bubbling sound. They should all have some kind of audio/visual cue when you're nearby. Those moneybags just blend right in to the rest of the map, and there's 50(?) of them.

I remember I fell into a game on the fortress where they were trying to get all of them, and me and another person in freefly spectator mode were trying to help them find the last one. Twenty minutes later, I just gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Takes No Damage posted:

That's all fair, all the custom servers I mentioned above are way more camp happy than the vanilla game because all the zeds are turned up to 11 so striking out on your own is instant death. I still dig them because for me half the enjoyment of the game is starting out weak and getting stronger. I'm sure we've all had everything at lv6 for years in the vanilla game, hitting that last class cap took away a big carrot for me in terms of having something to work towards, even if it was kinda lovely like hunting down stalkers as my Commando.

It varies by each server, but usually the grind isn't too bad for the first few levels, one benefit of all the zeds having 1000s of HP is it's much easier to rack up lots of damage more quickly than regular KF.

I understand, but the problem is that in vanilla, you can still take down enemies like Clots and Gorefasts as a level 0 class. In some of the modded servers I've gone to, even something like a goddamn Stalker will take several headshots before you can take them down, which makes things very discouraging for someone just starting out.

I did manage to get some levels in Brute Gunner on a server I go to. It was way more fun after I could actually afford a weapon and do a half-decent amount of damage to enemies. In a game that's all about headshots, it's fun to say "gently caress it" and unload an automatic weapon at the center of mass and still be quite effective.

• Locked thread