Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«79 »
Scyantific
Feb 13, 2011

You can't take away people's right to be assholes! That's who you remind me of... an evil Mr Rogers.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Figure I should point out the Corruption link is also broken and it isn't on the whitelist site.

Skatepark is awesome fun though

You sure it's broken? I just clicked on it and it worked fine for me.
If anyone has trouble with the Corruption link I'll be uploading it to my Dropbox.

You can find it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dirt5o8 posted:

Holy poo poo yeah, that was fun. Duel skateboard massacres and slow-mo-jump-from-the-skateboard-headshots.

(and also kicking basketballs into people)

This map is drat fun, especially when GreatBeer and me got on one of the skateboards and we were sliding while shooting every moving thing. You can get killed by a zed if it kicks a ball and hits you, i was playing football with a clot and noticed before getting killed

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Scyantific posted:

You sure it's broken? I just clicked on it and it worked fine for me.
If anyone has trouble with the Corruption link I'll be uploading it to my Dropbox.

You can find it here.

Well the link works fine, it's just that website is getting double header errors whenever I try to download. Maybe it's just me.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

The stalker thing wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for 2 things.

1. They are super weak and even someone not aiming at them can kill 3 or 4 by accident.

2. If you're holding a spot and split up a bit like say the tunnel in west london, the game will sometimes spawn stalkers on just one side.

You don't have a choice but to grind for them solo and that's not fun. I guess you could use the KF survival map but once the fleshpounds show up it goes to poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Guillermus posted:

This map is drat fun, especially when GreatBeer and me got on one of the skateboards and we were sliding while shooting every moving thing. You can get killed by a zed if it kicks a ball and hits you, i was playing football with a clot and noticed before getting killed

The retarded and occasionally hilarious custom maps is one the reasons it feels like a real PC game.

And the weed farm map too.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

She was in the mood, making silly faces; silly bands on her wrists match the bands on her braces.

Korhal posted:

Can someone who plays on the goon servers regular like friend me? My ID is Korhal on steam. I want to join goons but I can only join games via the server browser, which never lists the goon servers!

right click in server browser -> open IP

All the IP's are in the OP

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

"I'm sorry, I thought you was Tiger Woods"

"I know. See that mothafuckin' stroke?
Wuh-POW!
...On a bitch! Haha."

Alteisen posted:

The stalker thing wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for 2 things.

1. They are super weak and even someone not aiming at them can kill 3 or 4 by accident.

It doesn't help that they spawn in groups and are, somehow, faster than crawlers. As a fledgling Berserker, I aim my 2ndary weapon at crawlers and end up gunning down 3-4 stalkers trying to get the same crawler.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

az posted:

Arcade something with the basketball court, music and skateboards owns hard.

I'll board till the day I die, and when I die, it'll be on a board.

az
Dec 2, 2005
If the husband insists on sleeping with his wife by force, it would not be considered rape since this is a right granted to him

I pissed off a pound and planned to escape on my board but he charged too quickly and rode it with me, skate or die!

edit: lets get a game going on gotfk

az fucked around with this message at Dec 16, 2011 around 01:29

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

etalian posted:

The retarded and occasionally hilarious custom maps is one the reasons it feels like a real PC game.

And the weed farm map too.

Yea I haven't enjoyed insane custom maps like Killing Floor has since CS1.6.

There is one KF map where it is basically every game on one huge map for like 40 people. Want to race horrible cars around a lava pit hotwheels style track? Got it. Want to pretend you are 2d mario in first person and jump on poo poo in a flat plane? Check. Want to be 2 tanks and shoot at each other around walls like old Atari games? No problem! It also has some zombie parts if you want that too I guess...

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at Dec 16, 2011 around 01:35

freeforumuser
Aug 11, 2007

Social Dissonance posted:

Could anyone give a rundown of any of the perks/classes that are completely useless for Suicide/HoE? I'm guessing Firebug just messes everyone's aim up completely and does nothing for damage. Likewise, I enjoy demolition, but I suspect they aren't as good either. Those are both of my favorite classes, but I don't want to end up grinding them up to find them non-viable for the "end" game.

Firebug is without doubt the worst class for pretty much everything not just suicidal/HOE, followed by a looooooong shot by Commando as 2nd worst which is basically a more powerful firebug except it actually kills small zeds fast enough and without screwing with everyone's aim.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Captain Beans posted:

Yea I haven't enjoyed insane custom maps like Killing Floor has since CS1.6.

There is one KF map where it is basically every game on one huge map for like 40 people. Want to race horrible cars around a lava pit hotwheels style track? Got it. Want to pretend you are 2d mario in first person and jump on poo poo in a flat plane? Check. Want to be 2 tanks and shoot at each other around walls like old Atari games? No problem! It also has some zombie parts if you want that too I guess...
You must find out what the name of this map is.

Polka_Rapper posted:

That sounds familiar. It was a long time ago, but I think remember most of our team doing that. I was bad at NeoTokyo, so I played a lot of support.
I remember when NeoTokyo first came out I thought it looked pretty cool until I played it and realised it was basically Counter-Strike (Japan Edition).

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

freeforumuser posted:

Firebug is without doubt the worst class for pretty much everything not just suicidal/HOE, followed by a looooooong shot by Commando as 2nd worst which is basically a more powerful firebug except it actually kills small zeds fast enough and without screwing with everyone's aim.

Firebug is the best trash zed killer in the game. The addition of the husk cannon makes them very viable on higher difficulties considering how much power it has.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Anime is for jerks.

Holy poo poo they actually changed the thread title to my half-serious suggestion for real. I love this game so much.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Love is eight legged and squishy

Do the Nutpounders no longer break apart when blown up? Cause I don't think I've seen an FP step on one of my pipes and then do three forward flips ten feet over my head before.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

She was in the mood, making silly faces; silly bands on her wrists match the bands on her braces.

Alteisen posted:

Firebug is the best trash zed killer in the game. The addition of the husk cannon makes them very viable on higher difficulties considering how much power it has.

all firebug does is blind everyone while being no more effective at killing trash zeds than commando(or support for that matter).

Actually basically all of the classes are good at that while also being good at other things, sooooo

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Hey Scyantific, can I ask you to put the gametracker banners for the servers into the OP? It'll make it easy to check if people are playing at the moment:

(Couldn't find the Goony Madhouse ones but hey two out of four ain't bad right?)

Scyantific
Feb 13, 2011

You can't take away people's right to be assholes! That's who you remind me of... an evil Mr Rogers.

Insert name here posted:

Hey Scyantific, can I ask you to put the gametracker banners for the servers into the OP? It'll make it easy to check if people are playing at the moment:

(Couldn't find the Goony Madhouse ones but hey two out of four ain't bad right?)

Holy poo poo I've been trying to get these to work for a while. Definitely adding them!

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005

He's pretty awesome on mountain pass with a mac10, but no one needs help on that map.

A firebug, that is.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

frutella'sa badman sweet ya get me

Ok that was fun playing with you lot on the gotkf but drat is it hard to play zerker if you have a high ping. Theres like a seconds delay in everything you do.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Scyantific posted:

Holy poo poo I've been trying to get these to work for a while. Definitely adding them!
Were you using the forum code they give you? Cause that poo poo's broken and when I tried to paste it here it loving managed to break the "post reply" page (everytime I clicked in the post box it would open the server page ).

E: The only reason I got it to work was by looking at the BF3 PGS thread and looking at how Hadlock posted the server info and compared it to the code they give you

Scyantific
Feb 13, 2011

Insert name here posted:

Were you using the forum code they give you? Cause that poo poo's broken and when I tried to paste it here it loving managed to break the "post reply" page (everytime I clicked in the post box it would open the server page ).

Yeah that's what I was doing. Some seriously broken poo poo

AF
Oct 7, 2007
hi

Bought this game during the free weekend after I logged some hours in it. Lotsa fun, quite surprised at how much depth there is in terms of strategy and how important having a good team is (or just one really good guy).

One thing that bothered me prior to buying was the god drat voice messages. I got really sick of hearing "CAN'T YOU SEE I'M RELOADING?!", "I'm trying to heal you, not shag you", etc. etc. ad nauseam and the trader's awful line delivery. I was about to ask in here if there was some way to delete these voice files somewhere, but found out myself that if you the audio message level setting to "minimal" under the game tab, you'll hear nothing but the voice commands other players choose to use. Sweet, sweet aural relief. Also, use light hud. Gets rid of those boxes around your HP, ammo, and such.

Scyantific
Feb 13, 2011

Insert, I went ahead and added the Goony Madness server banners to the OP. All you had to do was add their IPs to the Gametracker website

Devour or Fire
Feb 6, 2011

With the husk gun and Mac-10 the firebug is a commando that always only needs one shot to kill garbage zeds from a distance plus a more powerful and versatile M79.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Scyantific posted:

Insert, I went ahead and added the Goony Madness server banners to the OP. All you had to do was add their IPs to the Gametracker website
Oh nice; I only did a search and got confused about why they weren't showing up.

Man I gotta play this game more; haven't played since the free weekend ended because BF3 is a jerk who's eating all my time. Plus they added the L85 which I wish they would add back into KF. I remember playing the mod a long time ago and using it and they're cool unlike the stupid L22 (Bullpup) that's in game right now.

Also I kinda wish they would add a bayoneted weapon for Berserker though I guess that would make killing Crawlers pretty easy.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

Insert name here posted:

using it and they're cool unlike the stupid L22 (Bullpup) that's in game right now.

hush on your bullpup hate.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Made it to wave 9 on Ice Caves on Hell on Earth difficulty, the old standby of berzerker kiting in a clockwise direction seemed to work. The only thing you have to look out for is pacing your kills (especially in the open throne room area) so that a mob of zeds doesn't spawn in front of you in the narrow tunnels and cut you off.

Would have definitely made it to wave 10 but low level guys kept joining and dropping out. It got to a point where it was just me and another dude with over 700 kills each because everyone else was wiping. Then two German players with 400+ ping joined and went in the opposite direction and crashed their mob into ours. So a good two hours wasted there

Kerc Kasha
Apr 18, 2007

az posted:

edit: did anybody check if the m4203 gets bonuses from the assault perk?

Yes. It doesn't reduce the cost nor does it count towards the assault progress but you do get the increased ammo capacity recoil reduction and damage buff. The m203 grenades do not get any damage buff though.

Nubcakes
Jan 11, 2009

If it isn't broken...
Take it apart and improve it!

Hey, does anyone else have the problem of KF downloading a map or mutator from a server and deleting them as soon as you disconnect? Is there a fix for this?

Scyantific
Feb 13, 2011

Nubcakes posted:

Hey, does anyone else have the problem of KF downloading a map or mutator from a server and deleting them as soon as you disconnect? Is there a fix for this?

Dunno, I think you'd be better off just downloading the stuff into your folder outside of the server and you'd be fine.

On another note:
New maps have been added to GotKF!

Here's the list:
    Ganja Farm Reweeded V1
    Arcade Gas Station
    Arcade Shopping Center Final
    BellTolls
    HappyHour
    LibraryFinal
    Mos Eisley Scum
    West London Night V7

You can find all the new maps here. If you cannot find a map, post here and I'll upload it to another site so you can download it.

Make sure you put all the downloaded stuff in their appropriate folders (i.e. Map files in the Maps Folder, Texture files in Textures Folder, etc.), otherwise you'll be left out.

Edit:

Some people have been asking how you can bind stuff in Killing Floor, so here's a quick run-down on binding stuff to keys, mostly simple commands.
In your Killing Floor folder in the Steam Folder, there's a folder called System, open that up and look for User.ini. this contains all the information for binding and stuff.

Let's add a bind that says "FP" whenever press the the H key. Here's what you do:
Open up User.ini.
Scroll down to where you see this:
code:
H=
Once you are there, simply add "Say FP" (No quotation marks needed).
When you're done, it should read like this:
code:
H=Say FP
Save and close your User.ini file.
Open up Killing Floor
Test it out.
Enjoy.

Scyantific fucked around with this message at Dec 16, 2011 around 15:53

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Oh hey, that's neat. I wonder what I need to change to get the graphs to show up. Oh well.

And since the rush has seemed to die down, I'm removing the passwords from the Goony Madness servers. So, go nuts! They also have spectator slots now.

Goony Madness #1 - Hard Difficulty
IP: 216.52.143.235:7707

Goony Madness #2 - Hell On Earth Difficulty
IP: 216.52.143.235:7710

Nubcakes
Jan 11, 2009

If it isn't broken...

Scyantific posted:

Dunno, I think you'd be better off just downloading the stuff into your folder outside of the server and you'd be fine.

Edit:

Some people have been asking how you can bind stuff in Killing Floor, so here's a quick run-down on binding stuff to keys, mostly simple commands.
In your Killing Floor folder in the Steam Folder, there's a folder called System, open that up and look for User.ini. this contains all the information for binding and stuff.

Let's add a bind that says "FP" whenever press the the H key. Here's what you do:
Open up User.ini.
Scroll down to where you see this:
code:
H=
Once you are there, simply add "Say FP" (No quotation marks needed).
When you're done, it should read like this:
code:
H=Say FP
Save and close your User.ini file.
Open up Killing Floor
Test it out.
Enjoy.

True, it is better to just to download the maps and manually install them. But that doesn't excuse the problem I mentioned. Even Half-Life's initial release didn't cock this up.

Anyway, do you know if its possible to bind a key for 1 weapon/tool only?

Such as binding V for Just the welder and C for just the Normal Shotgun.

If not, is it possible to switch the priority of weapons in each slot?

Scyantific
Feb 13, 2011

Nubcakes posted:

True, it is better to just to download the maps and manually install them. But that doesn't excuse the problem I mentioned. Even Half-Life's initial release didn't cock this up.

Anyway, do you know if its possible to bind a key for 1 weapon/tool only?

Such as binding V for Just the welder and C for just the Normal Shotgun.

If not, is it possible to switch the priority of weapons in each slot?

You can indeed do this. Let's pretend we're binding the Welder to the Z key:

-Open up User.ini
-Look up the string "Z=" (Use ctrl+f if you want)
code:
Z=
-Type in "GetWeapon KFMod.Welder" (no quotations) Should look like this:
code:
Z=GetWeapon KFMod.Welder
-Save and close.
-Open up KF, test out, and enjoy.

Here's a list of all the weapon names up to before the Twisted Xmas 2011 Update. I'll have to get the new weapons later.:
code:
KFMod.AA12AutoShotgun - AA12
KFMod.AK47AssaultRifle - AK
KFMod.Axe - Fire Axe
KFMod.BoomStick - Hunting Shotgun
KFMod.Bullpup - Bullpup
KFMod.Chainsaw - Chainsaw
KFMod.Crossbow - Crossbow
KFMod.Deagle - Handcannon
KFMod.DualDeagle - Dual Handcannon
KFMod.Dualies - Dual 9mms
KFMod.FlameThrower - Flamethrower
KFMod.Katana - Katana
KFMod.Knife - Knife
KFMod.LAW - LAW
KFMod.M14EBRBattleRifle - M14
KFMod.M32GrenadeLauncher - M32
KFMod.M79GrenadeLauncher - M79
KFMod.Machete - Machete
KFMod.MP7MMedicGun - MP7M
KFMod.PipeBombExplosive - Pipe Bombs
KFMod.SCARMK17AssaultRifle - SCAR
KFMod.Shotgun - Shotgun
KFMod.Single - 9mm
KFMod.Syringe - Medical Syringe
KFMod.Welder - Welder
KFMod.Winchester - LAR
The Hunting Shotgun is called the BoomStick in the code.

Scyantific fucked around with this message at Dec 16, 2011 around 16:53

Nubcakes
Jan 11, 2009

If it isn't broken...

:3

Thank you so much!

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Fast & Fuhrious

How badly would I be destroyed if I started playing on the Hard server at around lvl 2-3 for all classes? It seems that the tougher servers have people playing on them more often, but I don't want to be too much of a fifth wheel if I jump on.

Scyantific
Feb 13, 2011

Dirt5o8 posted:

How badly would I be destroyed if I started playing on the Hard server at around lvl 2-3 for all classes? It seems that the tougher servers have people playing on them more often, but I don't want to be too much of a fifth wheel if I jump on.

If the group is competent and works together, you shouldn't have much of a problem so long as you stick with the group and play your role properly.

-----------------------

I've added all the binding information to the OP, and changed the OP around a bit. If there's anything missing from the OP let me know and I'll be sure to add it.

Nubcakes
Jan 11, 2009

If it isn't broken...

Honestly, not too badly if you are good at the game. I've seen players jump on Suicidal servers at level 0/1 (old players returning on new accounts) and do fine, though strained to pull their full weight. Last night I actually played on an HoE server where a returning player join in at L0 (had 2 L6 friends in the server) He actually helped out a bit almost pulling pulling his weight(died 2 out of 10 waves) but it was painfully clear that he was at a huge disadvantage.

At 2 or 3 you'll be fine on Hard provided you are relatively good at the game. To gauge yourself; play on normal and if it feels too easy all the way to the patriarch then you are most definitely ready for Hard.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Dirt5o8 posted:

As long as you don't do stupid things that should be fine. Stick closer to the group than usual until you get used to the differences in zed behavior. We only hate it when lower levels join harder games when they die immediately and leave all those extra zeds for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

Dirt5o8 posted:

I won my first map as a level 2 Commando so it's not impossible by any means. It is important to be a team player though.

«79 »