Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Any news on when these guns will be in the game?

General consensus is the 8th, when the free weekend starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I made the random metal pack. Looks like the link is a little wonky. When I grt home I'll see what I can do about updating the link and maybe get some more songs for maps that I haven't done yet.

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
The last square is off, not that it makes too much difference http://steamcommunity.com/games/KillingFloor/announcements/detail/1423366136051907795

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Purple D. Link posted:

The last square is off, not that it makes too much difference http://steamcommunity.com/games/KillingFloor/announcements/detail/1423366136051907795

quote:

Santa will be coming to tell you all about his latest plans later today! Stay tuned.

woot :kiddo:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

alg posted:

woot :kiddo:

- The new weapons will only spawn at random in packages in the Christmas themed level, and are only good for the duration of that game.

P.S. Santa hates all of you and dips his cookies in your tears.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So it's pretty certain that Christmas zeds will be coming back, along with the Christmas achievements, right? I missed out on the Bad Santa thing last year and would definitely like to add to my character collection that I will never use because I've got COMMANDO CHICKEN which owns beyond all bones.

E:
Fun Fact: Yoshiro (one of the Tripwire devs), only has 350 hours of Killing Floor logged in his Steam account :v:
The more you know.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 5, 2011

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Scyantific posted:

So it's pretty certain that Christmas zeds will be coming back, along with the Christmas achievements, right? I missed out on the Bad Santa thing last year and would definitely like to add to my character collection that I will never use because I've got COMMANDO CHICKEN which owns beyond all bones.

E:
Fun Fact: Yoshiro (one of the Tripwire devs), only has 350 hours of Killing Floor logged in his Steam account :v:
The more you know.

He probably spends much more time in a dev build, map editor, dumb meeting about the state of killing floor, etc.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?

Scyantific posted:

They probably will be back yes. I hope so anyway, the xmas zeds are fantastic and way too good to only be used once.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Chickensuit loses its appeal when you join a server and four people are already rocking it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

Chickensuit loses its appeal when you join a server and four people are already rocking it.

Not when you have 6 people all looking like crazed chickens chainsawing the Pat.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Muderous Preacher Guy is best. :colbert:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
EOD Suit Status: Still the best

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Insert name here status: still wrong.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Great Beer posted:

Insert name here status: still wrong.
Excuse me? Does my name look like Zaodai to you? :colbert:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i use the convict because no one else uses the convict.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I use the default guy because I never actually see my guy unless we win at the end, and then I'm too busy spamming 'b' to notice it. :colbert:

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
steampunk foster or bust :colbert:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
What are you telling me you don't pick your skins based on what perk you are going with?

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

That's completely the wrong gun with the grenade launcher. I'm pretty sure it's just a normal m4 with a grenade launcher from that barrel profile. Not an LR-300, which is seen more in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. than anywhere else (including real life).

I think he's going off the fact that it has a fully folding stock which is possible only with a shortened bolt-carrier like the one the LR-300 has. I dont know of any other M4 derivatives that have those.

Edit: Nevermind I was looking at the speculative picture instead of the real grayed out one, which doesnt look like it has the full folding stock.

Mr.48 fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 6, 2011

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Welp TWI blue-balling us for one more day. Announcement that was planned for today got moved to tomorrow.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Orange Crush Rush posted:

What are you telling me you don't pick your skins based on what perk you are going with?

Exactly! The yellow biosuit guy is my Firebug, factory worker is Support (for welding you see) etc etc. At least, that's how I used to roll, until all my classes went mad. Quite mad. Now they all rock commando chicken suits and pray for the sweet embrace of death while simultaneously fighting to survive until the final round is chambered and spent. This whole game has become a paradox to me :confused:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
Herman the German is my hero, I don't think there will ever be another KF skin that will take me away from running around dressed like a nazi.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I really wish I ordered that The Ball game so I could be indy in KF :(

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Captain Beans posted:

I really wish I ordered that The Ball game so I could be indy in KF :(
I feel really guilty about pre-ordering The Ball for the skin and then playing like one level of that game before going back to playing KF. One day I'll get around to playing and finishing that game.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Trooper Clive Jenkins. No other.

(Except chicken man)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The best character model is very clearly Thorne. Murderface McKillandburn.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Insert name here posted:

I feel really guilty about pre-ordering The Ball for the skin and then playing like one level of that game before going back to playing KF. One day I'll get around to playing and finishing that game.

Play it for the Portal level they added as part of the potato ARG, then go back to never finishing it. It's best that way.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/xmas2011/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMXDCuAU0hk

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Steampunk DJ Scully??? gently caress YES

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Everything about this me hot and bothered.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren:Achievement List:siren:

Burning Irony
Kill 15 Husks with the Husk Cannon

Highlander
Kill a Scrake, a Fleshpound, and the Patriarch with the Claymore Sword within one map

Bloody Yanks
Kill 1 specimen ONLY while expending a full M4 Assault Rifle magazine

Finish Him
Hit a Scrake with the M203 Rifle grenade to kill him

I love ze Healing not ze Hurting
Heal others for 3000 points of health with the MP5 SMG

Italian Meat Pasta
Kill 12 zeds with a full magazine from the Combat Shotgun

Feeling Lucky?
Kill a specimen with every shot from your Revolver for one magazine

We Have Ourselves a Cowboy
Hold dual 9mm, dual hand cannons and Dual Revolvers

Snow Cone
Beat Ice Cave on Normal

Stay Frosty
Beat Ice Cave on Hard

On the Rocks
Beat Ice Cave on Suicidal

Anti Freeze
Beat Ice Cave on Hell on Earth

A Bloody Christmas Carol
Kill 15 XMas Clots, 5 xmas Stalkers, 5 XMas Crawlers, 1 XMas Siren and 1 XMas Bloat.

Looks like we've got ourselves our new Patriarch strategy :black101:

Deargodalion
Jun 27, 2011

Something clever.
Lipstick Apathy

Insert name here posted:

I ordered RO2 for the skins. I have like 3 hours in the game. :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

that mp5 reloading animation :allears:

edit:

quote:

This is a good update and all but seriously TripWire, 2 M4's ?
I am seriously dissapointed. You could have AT LEAST used a different AR family rifle to at least have some more significant visual difference.

Most of the new weapon additions give KF a more American feel, thing I hate with all the cells in my body, especialy in KF, wich stands out for taking place in Britain and with everything that implies.
I just hope you made the M4's weaker in damage than the L22A1 because not doing so is a severe lack of balance with it's high rof.

This is actually the first time I don't like an update to KF. I'm still gonna buy the Character DLC and unlock all the achivements and recommend the game to my friends who don't own KF as of yet but I hope you get yourselves back into the right track.
This may not be pleasant to say (you can bet it's eating me up inside a bit) but I hope TWI doesn't take a nose dive after RO2's release because you are the only developers as of yet I still trust and am willing to support without stop.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Why can't I buy the steampunk pack #2 yet why

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Deargodalion posted:

I ordered RO2 for the skins. I have like 3 hours in the game. :(

I bought RO2 even though I wasnt crazy about RO1 because they made it look totally awesome in the trailers. I ended up not liking it at all and put maybe 2 hours into it tops. At least Tripwire makes up for it by adding awesome poo poo to KF even years after release.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god those guns, I'm in love.

Course my PC is borked, BUT I GOT PAID, bonus yay, so hopefully I'll be back soon.

Don't remove me yet Toaster and Damage, I will return.

Claymore seems a bit like the axe to be honest, should be interesting to see how it works.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
This thread has been intriguing me for a long-rear end time and I wanna take the plunge now, dammit! How scary is the scary part of this game? I really love the high-tension of System Shock 2 and Dead Space, and it seems like y'all are havin' a good time :3:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

This game is the scariest thing since Evil Dead.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You know in the high levels of Tetris where poo poo starts moving really fast and you get panicky? KF is less scary than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Remember those Corn Pops commercials from the 90's? Well imagine you're the kid in one of those. Killing Floor is not quite as scary as that.

• Locked thread