Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«80 »
Scyantific
Feb 13, 2011

You can't take away people's right to be assholes! That's who you remind me of... an evil Mr Rogers.

Guillermus posted:

Does that weapon pack only work on modded servers or will it gently caress up with vanilla ones?

The server has to have the mod installed and activated. KF clients will get the pack download if they don't have it when they join the server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

Cage posted:

I only like suicidal and hoe these days. Normal isnt a lot of fun with level 6 perks. (of the perks I like)

Why not play on hard then? Even as all level 6 you can still fail there.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003

Alteisen posted:

Why not play on hard then? Even as all level 6 you can still fail there.
You might.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

Are the IJC weapons whitelisted? I may have to add them to my server.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003

Yep!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

Cage posted:

You might.

Oh snaps, my apologies Mr KF masta.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Playing a random Hard game on filthscross we all decided to go dual 44s for the pat. Went better than I expected it to, we got him to use up all his heals but we were getting picked off the whole time and couldn't seal the deal. A fun change of pace though, AA+ would play again.

\/\/\/ I don't even bother loading up the game anymore without a glass of whiskey in front of me

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at Mar 9, 2012 around 21:21

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Cage posted:

You might.

KF is the best game possible to play when you're drunk and being level 6 on a hard server just makes it better.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Holy poo poo we have discovered the best KF server in existence. It has extra guns modded in, idiot vehicles you can drive, and random slot machines that roll when you kill dudes.

It really takes everything that makes killing floor a insane silly game and turns it up to 11. 3 dudes rolling in a hippy weed bus shooting machine guns out the sides while someone rolls their slots and 'wins' spilling bile on their screen so they crash into a mountain while everyone gets swarmed by zombies is incredible.

The vehicles are even kind of balanced, they run out of gas that you can buy and the husks can smoke them with the rocket launcher pretty good.

KillingFloor://69.162.68.75:7707

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Takes No Damage posted:

Playing a random Hard game on filthscross we all decided to go dual 44s for the pat. Went better than I expected it to, we got him to use up all his heals but we were getting picked off the whole time and couldn't seal the deal. A fun change of pace though, AA+ would play again.

\/\/\/ I don't even bother loading up the game anymore without a glass of whiskey in front of me

filthscross is a pretty good map especially on the harder levels.

Scyantific
Feb 13, 2011

You can't take away people's right to be assholes! That's who you remind me of... an evil Mr Rogers.

I tried to run a gimmick game on Thursday for Eurogoons but no one came

Anyway I plan on having another gimmick night tonight, just a heads up. Make sure you download IJC and install it in your KF folder. We'll probably do the same pistol gimmick again, this time on maybe Offices or Crash.

Lemon Curdistan
Aug 6, 2009

Barton, oh my God this is so useless--

Is this gimmick night happening? I'm not actually in GotKF so no announcements for me.

e; vvv sorry to hear that, dude. Hope your grandpa is okay.

Lemon Curdistan fucked around with this message at Mar 11, 2012 around 22:33

Scyantific
Feb 13, 2011

Looks like no gimmick night tonight. I'm on and off the phone because my gramps is at the hospital and it seems everyone else just happens to be too busy to actually keep tabs on him. Pushing it back to sometime during the week.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

etalian posted:

filthscross is a pretty good map especially on the harder levels.

It's one of the best looking and most detailed maps, shame it isn't more popular. It is pretty drat confusing though. There are a few places scattered around at which you can make a stand but it's too honeycombed to be able to kite.

jerkstoresup
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

My friend told me an awful rumor last night; Tripwire is going to release Harchier Spebbington (The Ball preorder character) as paid-DLC. Can anyone confirm/deny? He said he saw a dev post about it in the Steam forums but I found nothing.

I want to be special forever.

Macheath
Jun 14, 2000

I am hope.

Some friends and I have been getting into Killing Floor as complete newbies over the past week or so, and I've cut together some videos of the (ongoing) experience that you might like:

Session one: part 1, part 2, part 3
Session two: part 1, part 2

We really suck, but watching a bunch of idiots flail around and scream at each other is fun, right?

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

IIRC the dual .44 is actually one of the higher DPS weapons in the game. It's absolutely obscene before the reload and even with it it's still not terrible.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Takes No Damage posted:

It's one of the best looking and most detailed maps, shame it isn't more popular. It is pretty drat confusing though. There are a few places scattered around at which you can make a stand but it's too honeycombed to be able to kite.

There is a nice long path that leads you around the whole level, but there are a couple of points that can get you sandwiched if you hang around too long. We usually have most of the party make a stand for a few seconds whilst one member runs ahead and warns when things are getting too hot so everyone can bail and keep moving.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah but you run with this mythical team of 6 people who all know what they're doing and have mics and use those mics to communicate effectively. These things are foreign to me.

\/\/\/ Don't even have to use voice chat MOTHERFUCKER

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at Mar 25, 2012 around 04:42

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

I actually play on a LAN in my back room with 5 buddies

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Macheath posted:

Some friends and I have been getting into Killing Floor as complete newbies over the past week or so, and I've cut together some videos of the (ongoing) experience that you might like:

We really suck, but watching a bunch of idiots flail around and scream at each other is fun, right?

I really enjoyed the first video, going to watch the rest, just the voice chat is priceless

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Macheath posted:

press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q press q

Actually pretty cool videos, makes me nostalgic for the heady days of 2010 when I was still leveling all my perks and learning the ins and outs of the game.

Was looking forward to your first Scrake / FP, such delicious newbie tears

I don't know how old these videos are but, you know about the hunting shotgun alt-fire now, right?

Fun to watch you guys slowly learn all the little quirks of the game (healing each other, prioritizing sirens etc). Keep it up and you'll be ready for Hard in no time. Biggest critique I saw is you guys need to grow eyes in the back of your heads. I can't count the number of times you turned around to discover zeds already in your face. With a bit more experience it will become a compulsion to check behind you all the time even when you're not playing the game, living in constant nameless fear for the rest of your days. Prepare yourself for the void.

jerkstoresup
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Takes No Damage posted:

Biggest critique I saw is you guys need to grow eyes in the back of your heads. I can't count the number of times you turned around to discover zeds already in your face. With a bit more experience it will become a compulsion to check behind you all the time even when you're not playing the game, living in constant nameless fear for the rest of your days. Prepare yourself for the void.

I was watching recordings of myself playing recently and it makes me loving dizzy. Whenever I'm healing or waiting for a weapon to cooldown/reload, I'll spin around like a madman. I don't notice it while I'm playing though because it just becomes a requirement of survival.

Currently trying to finish all levels on HoE with my crew, but some of them just can't deal with the amount of things you must pay attention to in waves 6-10.

MC2552John
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.

Macheath posted:

I must play with you. MC2552John on Steam.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Macheath posted:

It is.

I still identify with your difficulty with the loving server browser, though.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

For me but LEFTHANDED

The one thing this game needs that would make it vastly better and more playable is an l4d2-style lobby system.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005

Join the steam group chat you nerds. KF with goons is fun.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Had my first run-in today on MountainPass with a lv3 berzerker who was clearly more interested in trolling than actually playing the game. "DumpyD" or something.

His first strategy was "weld the doors to the trader". When this failed to provide sufficient amusement, he split off from the group on wave 5 or 6 and started endlessly kiting around the scrakes that went after him. When everyone got sick of waiting for the wave to end I chased him down and as he spots me (only a lv3 commando, this should do nicely, right?), he circles around and crouches, putting me between himself and the scrakes. Real cute.

I dispatch them and the server collectively votekicks him. I kind of wish I'd been able to bait the scrakes into attacking him instead, but oh well.

The funny thing is, he actually managed much less sabotage to the group as a whole than the other guys I wound up playing with a couple nights earlier who simply didn't understand when NOT to attack scrakes.

jerkstoresup
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Berzerkers can be both the most clutch, survivable class, while still being the biggest annoyance to a functional team that works together. Especially on MountainPass where they can herd nearly every spawn and leave the rest of the team sitting with a few sparse zeds to kill.

The first time I cleared MountainPass on HoE, it literally took 1 hour 45 minutes because we had 5 friends and a lvl6 zerker pub who was good, but played the most conservative zerk completely on his own on the other side of the map.

It's quite nice to have a zerk when everyone dies and they can properly herd everything, but until that happens, I'm just constantly annoyed having a zerk on my team.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

What if the zerk hangs with the team and meatshields for them.

jerkstoresup
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Alteisen posted:

What if the zerk hangs with the team and meatshields for them.
That's great for the rest team, but gimps a zerk's ability to easily kill fleshpounds. A teammate accidentally raging a FP/scrake usually makes them charge straight at the zerk if they're in the frontlines tanking, and then things go bad very quickly.

I haven't played much besides 6-player Suicidal/HoE in the past few years, so maybe my gripes don't apply to everyone. Berzerker is good fun, and having one solo-kiting on your team can greatly improve your chance of survival so long as you don't mind playing for a lot longer.

edit: removed redundant sperging

jerkstoresup fucked around with this message at Apr 4, 2012 around 19:21

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

I wouldn't say easy, you're always in direct line of sight with him after. I have like 20 million zerk damage and I always call out FPs, a zerk kiting one is usually a last resort for me.

If it rages I usually direct toward me, you don't nearly as much damage as you would think especially if you know how to mitigate it via jumping backwards just as he's hitting you, he usually misses with his 2nd punch.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I've only played up to the Hard level. On HoE, does hitting the Scrakes with normal zerk attacks stun them in place like they do on Easy-Hard? It makes dealing with them quite easy.

jerkstoresup
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

^^ Yes, but with certain rules that take effect on Suicidal+. Only the axe's alt-swing to the head stuns him from the front (possibly claymore now, not sure at the moment). Other melee weapons can only stun him from behind with a chop to the head. And you can't stun-lock at all; if they survive the stun, they can't be stunned again.

Alteisen: We're both generalizing... everything you said is right in ideal situations, I'm thinking more about situations where things tend to go wrong if a zerker fights fleshpounds in a group. A few weak zeds slip by your team, and the zerk's fleshpound dance can quickly fall apart. That's why they're better off on their own if they need to kill fleshpounds.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

The faked players mutator is complete loving bullshit. It takes an already difficult game and dials up the difficulty to drat near impossible. Now I know what it's liked to actually get swarmed by zombies. gently caress getting caught in a crowd of 8 zeds - now I get caught in crowds of 40. This is utter bullshit.

Naturally I haven't stopped using it since I found it, and I recommend that you all download it as well.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I still remember the first time I was shown how quickly FPs go down to a zerk gang surprise sex with multiple axes. One baits him and the others get behind and wail on him - dead in 3 seconds on Suicidal. I was amazed.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

^^^ Yep with a group of organized axemen you can take them down during their arm-wavey rage animation, before they get a hit off.

jerkstoresup posted:

^^ Yes, but with certain rules that take effect on Suicidal+. Only the axe's alt-swing to the head stuns him from the front (possibly claymore now, not sure at the moment). Other melee weapons can only stun him from behind with a chop to the head. And you can't stun-lock at all; if they survive the stun, they can't be stunned again.

Sure you can. Just like you said, axe alt-fire headshots from the front stun them every time. You might think otherwise because you usually need to adjust your aim a bit after the first strike to continue registering headshots, but once you find that sweet spot you can hold down M3 until their head falls off. From behind you don't even need headshots to stunlock, and they die in half as many hits. A lv6 zerk on HoE can decap a Scrake in 2 hits with axe alt fire from behind headshots.

If you have multiple zerks so one can always get behind them Scrakes become nuisances at best, way below Sirens or Husks.

jerkstoresup
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Bah, serves me right for googling the details I'm fuzzy on. I'll just keep my mouth shut about zerkers.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003

I did some googling and it seems the answer is "no" but I thought Id ask anyway, is it possible to download new gun skins/models? I love the M14 but the ironsights are rear end. I can handle them in other games but the way its modeled in KF makes it hard to focus on what youre aiming at.

Also are there any maps out there where camping one room isn't the best strategy, or even viable? Ive played KF quite a bit and love it but I can't help becoming bored as hell when all your team does is camp one room. I know you can zerk or just do something like circle westlondon but Im talking something more like that resident evil mansion where the point is to keep moving.

Cage fucked around with this message at Apr 5, 2012 around 22:06

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK

Cage posted:

I did some googling and it seems the answer is "no" but I thought Id ask anyway, is it possible to download new gun skins/models? I love the M14 but the ironsights are rear end. I can handle them in other games but the way its modeled in KF makes it hard to focus on what youre aiming at.

Also are there any maps out there where camping one room isn't the best strategy, or even viable? Ive played KF quite a bit and love it but I can't help becoming bored as hell when all your team does is camp one room. I know you can zerk or just do something like circle westlondon but Im talking something more like that resident evil mansion where the point is to keep moving.

I think icecave or whatever and aperture to a lesser extent are this way.

«80 »