Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987500042 Don't have KF yet, going to buy it this weekend while it's on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987500042 Don't have KF yet, going to buy it this weekend while it's on sale.

Do it Earg, its great to play to blow off some steam after a particularly bad pubbie tank match.

And speaking of, are the old goon servers for KF going back up or what?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just a reminder: gorefasts are delicious!

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Insert name here posted:

PPSh-41s; Tripwire even has models for it for Red Orchestra there's no excuse not to put it in!

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=43465
server files are on the last page, this mod has all the RO1 guns and brings in some RO1 themed zombies. someone host this please thanks I want an mp40

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Oh my god those guns, I'm in love.

Course my PC is borked, BUT I GOT PAID, bonus yay, so hopefully I'll be back soon.

Don't remove me yet Toaster and Damage, I will return.

Claymore seems a bit like the axe to be honest, should be interesting to see how it works.

You have until THE EIGHTH or you're off my list :mad:

Totally looking forward to replacing the axe in my zerker loadout with a loving Highlander sword. Instead of Pyro skins we will get Demo this time.

Definitely sounds like Commando got the short end of this update. Firebug and Support and Demo seem like pretty good upgrades and the other classes sound like side-grades at worst.

Shreks hot knob
Sep 4, 2007
We swearsss it!
Now I'm hoping that the new MP5 medic gun is on a different cool down to the existing one. That white-listed IJC pack works like that and at level 6 you can just keep switching between them and have a near constant stream of darts pouring out.

The healing mechanism attached to the MP5 looks different to the boxy kinda one we have now so that may be the case.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I added you; you can't miss the name. :v:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Add me too guys, I'm 150 stalkers away from lvl 4 commando!

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/juanit0

And I love KF for blowing off steam!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I just realised the event starts tomorrow instead of Thursday when the free weekend starts. New weapons earlier yaaaaaaaay. :neckbeard:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Taffer posted:

but it's not part of tacticool shooters so it's clearly not the same.

Just wanted to point out that the most fun I ever had in MW2 was running around with Dual Magnums. And now I can experience that same feeling but with a good game! Thank you Tripwire!

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Insert name here posted:

I just realised the event starts tomorrow instead of Thursday when the free weekend starts. New weapons earlier yaaaaaaaay. :neckbeard:

So is it tonight at midnight or some time tomorrow?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mr.48 posted:

Sometime tomorrow. You'll know when you see Killing Floor being updated :D

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Mr.48 posted:

Doubt midnight; I would wager sometime around 10am PST but that's when Value does their poo poo and I don't know about Tripwire so it really could be any time between 00:00 and 23:59.

E: I just noticed the new shotgun has a flash light on it

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 7, 2011

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970790350 add me for some KF action! support class owns, the new shotgun will own + dual magnums for backup weapon

Country_Blumpkin
Aug 6, 2011

I've been waiting for this day. Didn't they add some new enemies lately, too? Or was that just a special occasion like the X-Mas deal?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Snoop_Rocket

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Snoop Rocket posted:

I've been waiting for this day. Didn't they add some new enemies lately, too? Or was that just a special occasion like the X-Mas deal?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Snoop_Rocket

They're re-using the Christmas mobs from last year's event. The new content consists of a new character pack (Steampunk Character Pack 2), new weapons (Winter Weapon Pack), and a new map (The Ice Cave)

As long as they don't make that lovely rear end brute or maul official mobs, I'll be fine if they put out actual new zeds to kill.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

scuz posted:

Sweet! I'll just take some brown acid, spin around in circles while I wait for it to kick in, turn off all the lights and crank up the sound before I play.

Seriously: if there's no sale I'm buying it anyway.

Doesn't look like anyone replied to this: don't buy it now! There's a sale on starting tomorrow.

Vakal posted:

KF could only be improved if all the weapons were replaced with black powder muskets and match lock pistols.

I am completely, unironically in support of this. Swashbucklers vs. KF specimens. On a pirate ship level.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Eagerly awaiting distinctly British weapons such as:

Thanks for the early morning laugh, guys (this is genius).

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Doesn't look like anyone replied to this: don't buy it now! There's a sale on starting tomorrow.
Well Thursday (when the free weekend starts), which I guess could be tomorrow depending on where you live but it's probably best to clarify. :v:

Will2Powa
Jul 22, 2009
I'm already in the steam group but here's my id for some weekend action:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/aznkane87/

By the way, I have some questions about the difficulty levels. I've been playing beginner solo and online and gotten my zerk, support, and commando to level 1 and SS to level 2. Beginner seems way too easy, but the couple of times I play normal, it seems like a huge spike in difficulty. Do I just need to keep grinding on beginner to a certain level to move on up in difficulty?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

What he said. The probability that the game will be on sale starting the 8th is very high, as nothing would make a company more money than by announcing a free weekend for people then immediately putting the product on sale for those free-weekend tourists to sweeten the deal.

Steam-conomy 101! :eng101:

Boxing Snatcher
Jul 4, 2011

I have been looking for some great Beef Jerky since my local convenience store changed owners.
I'm in the steam group but I would love to get some good action soon.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoxingSnatcher

I am so close to level 4 support I can taste it. Time to shower myself in specimen blood!

Boxing Snatcher fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 7, 2011

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
There is nothing about this that isn't awesome.

Except the Xmas skins because the hitboxes are a bit hosed up and make getting headshots harder.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

It's been a while since I played but if anyone needs a level 6 firebug I'd be glad to help. http://steamcommunity.com/id/SovietSteel

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

frozenpeas posted:

There is nothing about this that isn't awesome.

Except the Xmas skins because the hitboxes are a bit hosed up and make getting headshots harder.

They use the same hitboxes, it's just that some of them have larger heads. You just need to shoot them in the neck to get headshots (you should do that anyway).

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Thanks! I'm really excited for this game because I like what I'm seeing here:

quote:

Rated M for
Blood and Gore
Intense Violence
Partial Nudity
Strong Language
:dance:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

scuz posted:

Thanks! I'm really excited for this game because I like what I'm seeing here:
:dance:

Be advised, the "Partial nudity" only extends to invisible women that want to kill you. Everything else is accurate though, especially when you shoot a specimen in the head and the brain flies up in front of your face IN SLOW MOTION

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

There's just nothing quite as satisfying as shooting hunting shotty into a line of clots and watching them all go flying in dismembered peices in slow motion. :black101:

And of course, all the guns having probably the best feel out of any game I've ever played just makes it that much better.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

Be advised, the "Partial nudity" only extends to invisible women that want to kill you.

Don't forget the sweet, sweet naked buttocks on the clots and gorefasts.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Don't forget the goony rear of the bloat.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I too am down for a game when this drops. Steam ID is here and I have a nine person Mumble server you guys can use if you'd have any use for it. I sure as hell don't.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
So the new weapons and gingerbread men are supposed to drop today, right? Any idea what time? (Commando Supremacy)

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

I'm drat excited to get back into this game, profile is here.

I'm a level six in Sharp, Medic and Support. Everything else is level four with the exception of commando which is five.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taffer posted:

Don't forget the goony rear of the bloat.

Major cellulite problems

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
When hosting a game (I only play with some friends, and it's always me who hosts), and we have a firebug in the team, I often get GPF-s. When nobody plays FB, the game seems to be doing OK. Anyone had issues like this?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I added everybody as a friend who has posted their link so far. I want to kill some tonight. I'm an almost-level-4 commando, but I think I'm pretty useful.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It's up.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

henkman posted:

It's up.

Steampunk 2 pack bought already.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

henkman posted:

It's up.

Nooooo. I'm still at work for another three hours. :negative:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Were there any other changes or is Tripwire just really bad at optimization? 680MB for 6 guns and a map seems a bit excessive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

az
Dec 2, 2005

Playing now xD

• Locked thread