Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Whoever asked earlier, the MP5M is a different healing ammo count than the MP7M so you can switch and keep firing, but the drop-glitch is still in the game so I don't know why the gently caress anyone would do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

az
Dec 2, 2005

New guns own hard.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Yesssss. They went back to firebugs spawning with the flamethrower again. Now back to being an even crazier money making machine.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Saint Freak posted:

Whoever asked earlier, the MP5M is a different healing ammo count than the MP7M so you can switch and keep firing, but the drop-glitch is still in the game so I don't know why the gently caress anyone would do this.

Wait what? Last time I played they had fixed the drop glitch, is it a different one than the original?

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

The Husk cannon is awesome. You can't carry it and the flamethrower at the same time but I don't think anyone would really want to. It works exactly as the Husk does. That is, you can rapid fire small fireballs that do a nice amount of damage or you can charge up a big one that will explode and basically turn you into a firey Demolitions expert. The drawback is that it's slow to charge and the small fireballs are good but firing off a lot of them will obscure your vision a little bit with all the fire and smoke they bellow out.

Oh, and it seems to hurt Skrakes. A lot.

SovietSteel posted:

Yesssss. They went back to firebugs spawning with the flamethrower again. Now back to being an even crazier money making machine.

Also this. It annoyed me so much that Firebugs spawn with their secondary (and less useful) weapon at level 6 when all the other classes get to spawn with actual useful things.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

RickoniX posted:

Wait what? Last time I played they had fixed the drop glitch, is it a different one than the original?

If you drop a medic gun and then pick it up it instantly recharges to 100% healing. It's definitely working for both MP5 and 7.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The Husk cannon is indeed fantastic. Scrakes are now your bitch. It does as much damage as an explosive but Scrakes dont have a resistance to fire so they go down hard.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Saint Freak posted:

If you drop a medic gun and then pick it up it instantly recharges to 100% healing. It's definitely working for both MP5 and 7.

Oh I thought you meant the ammo drop glitch

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

poo poo, I thought I was done with this game (only plugged 5 hours into it last year) but now I'm reloading 'cause I like the abuse.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Any goons running a server yet? If not I can probably get a quick vanilla one up when I get home from work.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Holy poo poo. Solo on normal, the Husk cannon kills the Pat in 3 full charged shots.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Whoa the Claymore is slow. It's literally too slow to chain its own zed-time (depending on which random attack animations you get).

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 7, 2011

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
All the new guns are great! The MP5 is so satisfying to use, the revolver is badass, and the Husk Cannon is just awesome (expensive though!) Plus the Christmas zeds are my favorite reskins. Good update. :dance:

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

Taffer posted:

Any goons running a server yet? If not I can probably get a quick vanilla one up when I get home from work.

I would like that. I can only see one server on Normal, and I got kicked immediately upon entering it :(.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

What Fun posted:

I would like that. I can only see one server on Normal, and I got kicked immediately upon entering it :(.
Really? That is odd, I see a ton of servers whenever I get on KF.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
M4/M203:

Locked to full auto since the button that would change modes fires grenades instead.

Grenades do have a safety that they won't explode if you shoot one within ~5 feet of yourself. Grenades still do damage if they peg something and don't explode.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Great Beer posted:

The Husk cannon is indeed fantastic. Scrakes are now your bitch. It does as much damage as an explosive but Scrakes dont have a resistance to fire so they go down hard.

How effective is it against actual Husks? They have a pretty high fire resistance if I recall correctly...

Also anyone mind posting the prices on the new guns?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The Commando M4 has a poo poo load of recoil. I am only level 3 on my Commando perk, but the Bullpup has like no recoil.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I take back everything I said about the Husk Gun.

Also gently caress yes flamethrowers on spawn :black101:

E: SteamID is here!

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 7, 2011

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Do we possibly have a new Goon Favourite skin?!

Steampunk Commando

Phil tells anyone who'll listen he's ex-special forces and hardcore to the bone, that the Horzine outbreak's nothing compared to missions he's pulled off in the Middle East... truth is Phil used to stack supermarket shelves, his so-called elite military training's come from endless hours playing every FPS spat out by the games industry and reading every gun nut magazine he could get his hands on.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Steampunk Commando

Phil tells anyone who'll listen he's ex-special forces and hardcore to the bone, that the Horzine outbreak's nothing compared to missions he's pulled off in the Middle East... truth is Phil used to stack supermarket shelves, his so-called elite military training's come from endless hours playing every FPS spat out by the games industry and reading every gun nut magazine he could get his hands on.

This is every goon's dream.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Saint Freak posted:

Steampunk Commando

Hey it's that guy from the official forums!

Vakal
May 11, 2008
If anyone wants to update their KF music playlist with a Christmas themed song, here's one I'd recommend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbVCODrdBaE

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

henkman posted:

The Commando M4 has a poo poo load of recoil.
It didn't seem bad when I was aiming down the sights. When you're firing from the hip though, yeah, it does. (Also a level 3 Commando)

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
:argh: drat you lucky assholes who are playing this right now! I'm stuck at work for another 4 hours at least.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mr.48 posted:

:argh: drat you lucky assholes who are playing this right now! I'm stuck at work for another 4 hours at least.

Just quit and go home. It's worth it.

Edit: Make sure to call your boss a git or some other silly British insult first before leaving.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the .44 revolvers are god damned amazing and real fun to use. The combat shotgun is a beast I just wish it wasn't so expensive, same with the demo M4.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'm setting up a dedicated server on my home connection as I write this. Once I get it going I'll post up the IP on here, as well as the OP.

For now, taking into account the new player base, I'll be using Normal difficulty. If enough people want hard or Suicidal or even HoE I'll probably make another one or change the first one out.

Stock maps, no mutators.

E:

Vakal posted:

Just quit and go home. It's worth it.

Edit: Make sure to call your boss a git or some other silly British insult first before leaving.

Tell him that Wayne Rooney is smarter than him!

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Do you have a static IP? If not, I wouldn't set up a server on your home connection. I have a dedicated box I rent that I can get a server on in ~3 hours. Work. :(

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Looks like the Claymore doesn't replace the Katana. It does replace the Axe though, also I heard it stuns the big guys like the Axe does and I haven't tried it yet.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Taffer posted:

Do you have a static IP? If not, I wouldn't set up a server on your home connection. I have a dedicated box I rent that I can get a server on in ~3 hours. Work. :(

Yeah I ran into a slight problem with some of the files missing, so gently caress it. Leetservers has 6-slot hosting going for 7.50 USD/month, so I'm just going to rent one of those. If any people want more servers and would like to help me out with this to get some real goon servers going, message me and maybe we can work something out.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
I'm glad the general consensus is that the new weapons are pretty good. Sadly I wont be able to try them myself for at least 12 hours or so :(
Any trip reports on the new map?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I can host 2 or 3 without a problem, so I doubt that's neccessary unless you want a lot of mods or something. Of course, if you're feeling generous, I won't object. ;)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Pumpking posted:

I'm glad the general consensus is that the new weapons are pretty good. Sadly I wont be able to try them myself for at least 12 hours or so :(
Any trip reports on the new map?

Actually I think most of them are pretty lovely. The M4203 (the Demo version) is more expensive then the M32, has like 8 grenades for the launcher, the gun is stuck in full auto and has insane recoil. I don't get what the combat shotgun is supposed to be used for either, it's worse then the normal shotgun for Cannon fodder because it's a small clip and horrible reload, and worse then the Hunting shotgun for raw burst damage as well. Magnum is decent but is overall worse then the Handcannons.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Taffer posted:

I can host 2 or 3 without a problem, so I doubt that's neccessary unless you want a lot of mods or something. Of course, if you're feeling generous, I won't object. ;)

I'd like to get varying difficulties for goons to mess around in, really. I went ahead and got 1 6-slot server, and I'll probably set that one to Normal difficulty. If you'd like to get some Hard, Suicidal, or HoE servers going, that'd be awesome for all the veterans in the thread.

Really the only reason to get one is to set up different difficulties.

And the server's been ordered, I'll post complete informations information here once I get the confirmation that everything is set up and running, but here's the rough details:

Hosted in Texas
6 Players
Normal Difficulty (For new goons, Can change it if necessary)
Stock Maps (If there's any maps you want added let me know and I'll see what I can do :))

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Actually I think most of them are pretty lovely. The M4203 (the Demo version) is more expensive then the M32, has like 8 grenades for the launcher, the gun is stuck in full auto and has insane recoil. I don't get what the combat shotgun is supposed to be used for either, it's worse then the normal shotgun for Cannon fodder because it's a small clip and horrible reload, and worse then the Hunting shotgun for raw burst damage as well. Magnum is decent but is overall worse then the Handcannons.

Just going from the hearsay in this thread, the claymore sounds crummy as well, hitting harder than the fireaxe but swinging even slower.

However, considering how overpowered the husk cannon sounds it might make up for the rest of them.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Really the only reason to get one is to set up different difficulties.

Um, I can do that by running multiple instances on the same box. :geno:
Could easily do 3 different ones at 3 different difficulties.

But if you insist on ordering one don't let me stop you, just saying I already have what's needed. :)

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If anyone is playing, I want to know. I need to level up my medic. Only thing that isn't level 6.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Taffer posted:

Um, I can do that by running multiple instances on the same box. :geno:
Could easily do 3 different ones at 3 different difficulties.

But if you insist on ordering one don't let me stop you, just saying I already have what's needed. :)

You're right, forgot about that.

I blame finals week :downs:

Go ahead and set them up if you want, and post up the info whenever you have them ready, and I'll add the. To the OP.

I'll talk to Russian about getting admin rights to the group to post up events and announcements for goons. So all of you make sure to join the Steam group to get announcements when other goons are playing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Vakal posted:

If anyone wants to update their KF music playlist with a Christmas themed song, here's one I'd recommend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbVCODrdBaE

It looks like this time around there's some more "KF-y" christmas songs instead of just wholesale christmas tunes (though a few of those are still in), but I think this would make a good addition to any zombie-killing christmas playlist.

Also regarding the new weapons, I've been tooling about with them on solo hard, as a medic I'm really liking the new MP-whatever. It seems that even the briefest of clicks consumes at least two bullets, so I've been having the most success just rapidly clicking while aiming at groups of zeds and watching them die. Scrakes can be killed in less than a clip without them being able to hit you, FPs can be killed in a clip and a half and will probably get one hit in, I was too out of practice to make it to the pat in any of my solo fooling around, though. It's worth noting that although the clip is loving huge the reload time is long and you don't carry many clips, so it might be less useful for when you are actually being a medic, but great when your friends died because you were reloading.

Also the husk gun seems really powerful and the charge-up reminds me of the tau cannon from HL1, which owns bones.

• Locked thread