Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

If this isn't the place for it, sorry in adavence, but can I get an invite to the Steam group? Id = -Mermaid Balls- Limp_Cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

PROTOSTORM!!! posted:

Is the map pack in the OP up to date with Birdcage? I'm stuck with this 4mb download from the server for something and that poo poo won't happen in a year.

kf_sm_gore_trip_HALLOWEEN or something similar? Googling has revealed this is possible the Birdcage hasn't updated.

Could we get an answer to this question? This download is killing my buzz.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

I notice a ton of lovely commandos personally. I see way too many commandos getting murdered because they decide to start unloading their AK into the scrake's chest upon first sight. It's not like I'm playing on the lower difficulties here either. Regardless of that though, I'd say the best way of telling if your commando is a bit poo poo would be to just check and see if he's not at the top or very very near the top of the scoreboard. :v:

I find if they are using anything other than the Bullpup on full auto and don't switch it to single shot, they are a bad commando.

alg posted:

OK, I ran the update 3 times and it finally took. Sorry, dude.

Seems to be working now, thanks.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Cage posted:

Why? I can fire a single shot using full auto with any gun besides the M4. Since you cant switch modes while reloading I prefer being able to unload on a zed in an instant if I need to.

Why would you waste the ammo when you usually only need 1 round to kill most trash Zeds? It also allows you to have more control of the weapon. Sure you can sqeeze off 1 round at a time if you're good, but how many times have you held the key down for slightly too long and wasted another round or 2? When you only have 27 rounds for the top tier commando weapons, 1 wasted round can mean the difference between reloading at a horrible time or not.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Cage posted:

Well I dont think thats what he was saying, he was saying "switch to single shot".

Because it makes it harder to use it like a bullet hose. I'm sure you are great with it on full auto and can control how many bullets come out. Some people find it is too tempting to abuse the full auto. Single shot teaches trigger discipline and ammo conservation. unless I'm playing the game wrong, those are 2 important things to the group surviving.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Arashiofordo3 posted:

The lever Action Rifle is so far my favorite gun, although is their anything I should think about switching it to at any point?

if you are playing Sharpshooter, learn to love the crossbow. If you hit them in the head, it can usually insta-kill most enemies. At higher levels you can take down most Fleshpounds with one bolt. Try to get a crossbow around wave 5.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Zero Star posted:

One more silly question: is there a mod that removes the silly 'grainy' filter effect from Spectator mode?

Look in the option menu under video. There should be an option to turn off film grain. If it isn't under video, look under game or something. Bottom line, it is in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Section Z posted:

A learning Support see's five clots lined up in a row with a Gorefast in front.... 50 feet away. I'm often tempted to grab a hunting rifle as my second weapon whenever it's a more open map and nobody else seems to be noticing the distant dangers but the guy with the SHOTGUN (hey guys, two Sirens over there... guys? Yes I know there are crawlers flipping out by a park bench, who cares?)

I want to say that the shotgun projectiles didn't have a maximum range, but I'm not 100%. I can remember killing things from really far away with the pump shotgun.

• Locked thread