Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?
Jumped into my very first non-LAN game last night. Holy poo poo is this game so much better with more than 3 people. I need to get my usual friends to play on an open server sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Category Fun! posted:

Having two or three people who are used to working together in a public game is tons better than joining a game where nobody is coordinating or paying attention to each other. groups like you are like angels who swoop down and save us morons from Fleshpounds and Patriarchs :)

I got lucky last night then. We all took different roles and everyone did their part. It was great. Money was shared, Zeds were toasted, a good time was had by all! I wasn't paying attention though and brought my flamethrower to the patriarch fight, wasn't an issue but I was pretty useless.

Also, anyone have any advice for in-game mics? Mine works for teamspeak and skype, but I can't seem to transmit on the in-game system.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

az posted:

Arcade something with the basketball court, music and skateboards owns hard.

Holy poo poo yeah, that was fun. Duel skateboard massacres and slow-mo-jump-from-the-skateboard-headshots.

(and also kicking basketballs into people)

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

How badly would I be destroyed if I started playing on the Hard server at around lvl 2-3 for all classes? It seems that the tougher servers have people playing on them more often, but I don't want to be too much of a fifth wheel if I jump on.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Science has just discovered the answer to one of life's most burning questions: Can a lone Support take on 2 FPs with a knife and survive?

No.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

She Bangs the Drums posted:

Did you hear me cheering you on?

Hah, I did. I had accidentally hit a key and changed my VOIP channel when configuring my mic so I couldn't talk back.

I figured Id make the end entertaining as opposed to running away for 5 minutes.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Bad rear end Boutique posted:

Ya know, I posted about this only a couple pages ago :v:

And while we're bitching about pubs, I had a real fun one the other night: berserker who was using only the loving M32. Didn't see a melee weapon once from that guy.

Just curious, what was his name? One of my LAN buddies, PualGoldCoat, is trying to relearn the game after a year or so. He's been running into an issue where he picks a class but after the round starts he shows up as another. He usually doesn't notice when it first happens.

Also, he says that the weapons for the perks he picks are often grayed out like he has no money. I know he has a legit version cause I bought it for him. Maybe a Mac issue?

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I'm guessing that he is picking a class in the middle of a wave and then forgetting about it, it won't let him do it, but will then switch once the wave ends. As for the weapons, he is probably not understanding the concept of weight.

You probably think this isn't the case, but I would go over his problem carefully, and when he describes what he's doing, you'll see this is probably it. Explain to him that you won't see your class change until the end of a round when the trader session starts, and to look at the number on the lower left of his screen to make sure it doesn't say 14/15 or something.

I didn't even think about that weight issue. That would probably be it. I'm still learning this thing too heh.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

I got a question on dealing with FPs.

When you're playing a smallish game (2-3) and you either don't have a demo/sharp shooter/berserker or they are low level, what's a good way of dealing with the FPs that show up?

We mostly have been just concentrating fire but that usually still results in someone getting mauled. Especially with some of my newer friends who aren't that good at getting consistent headshots. Is it just a "practice makes perfect" kinda thing?

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Would ducking behind the pillars in the skate rink on arcade_skatepark be sufficient or is there a distance factor too?

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

So my buddy is planning on setting up a server for our little gaming circle. Problem is, he wants to use a Mac. I googled around a bit but can't find any info about Mac servers. Is it possible? Will he have to install Windows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Alereon posted:

Dedicated servers are only possible on Windows or Linux. Here's the Tripwire dedicated server forum.

Eh, I figured, thanks.

I skimmed through that but now have another question. Will he have to buy another copy of Killing Floor for the server computer or will it just need certain files and the maps?

Edit: \/\/ Thank you for answering all my stupid questions!

Dirt5o8 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 15, 2012

• Locked thread