Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Polka_Rapper posted:

I swear the dart on the MP5 recharges faster. I haven't looked for any actual numbers, but it feels like it does.

I'm fairly certain this is true. With the MP5 I was getting 2 shots and then a third a second later while with the MP7 I was getting two and then a noticeable wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Rynn posted:

If what I'm seeing here is right, it's a complete waste of cash for me to buy the M4 203 if I'm doing Commando. I've been buying the SCAR and then saving up for the M4 203 and using both, but from what I see on the wiki should I be using the SCAR and then maybe buying a standalone grenade launcher? Or pipe bombs?

The M203 is in a weird spot. It does a really good job of crowd control because you can pick off individual zeds with the gun and hit groups with the grenade when there's an opportunity. If you could pair it with the crossbow then it would be an amazing combo since you'd be prepared for everything from crawlers in your face to packs of clots to fleshpounds. As it is though I think you're better off with the M32 or the M79.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Just played this game for the first time with a good friend. Tons of fun. Of course, beating Normal is an impossible feat atm, but I'll grind it out for sure.

Your level isn't hugely important. On higher difficulties most classes are using at least one off-class weapon that gains no benefit from their level. An unbuffed LAR should take you well into Hard if you know what you're doing.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Tolain posted:

Bullshit, level gives you MASSIVE discounts on class weapons and some classes like berserker don't even play the same way after they get ridiculous stuff like 30% runspeed/damage resistance :colbert:. I certainly wouldn't want to play on higher difficulties where it takes me half the game to get an ideal weapons loadout/armor. True, LAR goes a long way, but if your entire party is low level it's going to suck dieing and paying $3500 for AA-12s and such

The game is a lot more reasonable at higher difficulties if you have leveled classes, but if you play competently you can pull your own weight up to hard without a high level class. The AA12 is going to be expensive but you can play intelligently with an LAR and a combat shotgun or something similar and still do reasonably. I wouldn't want to be on an all noob hard server but I don't mind if someone enters with a lower leveled class and plays competently.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

What's the password for Best Friend City?

Also, looks like Goony Madness and GotKF are out of date.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

The way I level Medic is by going into pubbie games and trying to keep them alive.

It often doesn't work out.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

So I did just get all my friends to buy it. We're loving L4D2 and hoping this is as awesome as the OP makes it out to be.

The graphics do look dated though. The system requirements are very low..

Does it look like poo poo? Like playing CS 1.6 again?

The graphics aren't bad enough to be distracting. It's not beautiful, but it's not ugly either.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

How does it compare to L4D2? Isn't L4D2 pretty much souped-up HL2?

L4D2 has better effects and the models are more complex IIRC but they're from the same generation. KF is very clearly a modern game.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Zero Star posted:

A modern game, based on the five-year-old Unreal 3 engine? I mean, I've always preferred good gameplay to fancy graphics, but the engine KF is based on really shows its age.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just curious as to what you mean when you say "modern".

It's a modern game in the sense that it was released three years ago, with the tools, techniques and expectations of that era.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

Playing a random Hard game on filthscross we all decided to go dual 44s for the pat. Went better than I expected it to, we got him to use up all his heals but we were getting picked off the whole time and couldn't seal the deal. A fun change of pace though, AA+ would play again.

\/\/\/ I don't even bother loading up the game anymore without a glass of whiskey in front of me :rubshands:

IIRC the dual .44 is actually one of the higher DPS weapons in the game. It's absolutely obscene before the reload and even with it it's still not terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

I can't believe they added a Kel-Tec shotgun.

• Locked thread