Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes
I can't connect to any servers, the game just gets stuck on the "Connecting (F10 cancels)" screen. Already tried verifying the game files and deleting clientregistry.blob. The game worked just fine yesterday, when I played it for a bit in preparation for the update. Any ideas how to fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

Was playing a medium length game on manor earlier today, we get to the patriarch and several of us get picked off. Soon it's only down to me and one other guy. We come out of the underground tunnel bit to the front yard of the manor and pat is heading our way. We unload on him with all we've got but the other guy gets taken down and the patriarch heads for my rear end. I run out of ammo for my M14 so I start jumping backwards, take out my revolvers and manage to take down the patriarch with them, sending him flipping backwards.

Game is even more awesome with this patch. MP5 makes the medic actually worth playing, revolvers own and the M4 is a nice addition to the commando's arsenal. Haven't had the chance to try the claymore or the husk gun yet though, maybe later today.

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

My goodness, I got bored of terrible newbies on normal difficulty so I joined a game on hard difficulty, map was kf_icebreaker. I felt a bit out of my element, the other two guys were a level 6 medic and a level 6 berserker and most of my perks were around level 3-4. After watching them camp that one spot on the outside stairs, berserker sitting next to the top swinging away with the medic constantly healing him, the wave ends and I join in. When I'm browsing at the trader, the berserker gives pretty much every last bit of his money to me so I can get a good weapon and we head back over to the earlier camping spot. I then proceed to have the single greatest gameplay experience in a long time. We were like a well oiled machine, the medic was healing constantly and I don't think anyone dropped below half health at any point, aside from the last wave when we were unable to kill a fleshpound quick enough and the berserker went down. By the time we got to the patriarch, a bunch of other people had joined and we were a full team of six people. We took that bastard down without him getting to heal even a single time.

Anyway, what I'm getting at here is: If you're not enjoying the game on normal and your perks are at a decent level, play on hard. People who play on harder difficulties are generally a lot more skilled and fun to play with.

• Locked thread