Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Sanguinaire posted:

When they introduced the new guns, the tripwire line is that to free up the memory to load the new gun models they remove the guns in play that aren't held at the end of each trader session. Makes no sense to me, but then I don't program games either.
Yeah, noticed this when I was leaving a game yesterday and left my team a combat sg that disappeared.

Would be so awesome if KF was made on a newer engine. I have a computer that can play BF3 at 60fps but if someone uses too much fire or there are too many dynamic lights my frames turn to poo poo in KF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Francois Kofko posted:

Stupid question but I seriously can't find where to search for servers in multiplayer. I see where I can check boxes related to servers, but I don't see any place where I can just put in the server IP address or anything.
Right click somewhere in the server browser to bring up a manual ip address thingy.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Well you can also do it in the steam server browser, just click on the favorites tab to add servers by ip.

(Hope steam server browser is on mac!)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Joined wave 1 suicidal server as a level 6 medic. Level 0 support, level 2 support, level 6 zerk. I was shooting things because I was the only one that started with a gun, a welded door gets broken down, we survive and I get called an idiot because I was supposed to help them weld a door in the first dumb wave. Then I got banned.

I am so angry I had to post about it. I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU DOUCHEBAGS.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Medic is easy to get to level 4 or 5 since every classs should heal but when you try to level at that point it kinda sucks. Usually when things go bad they go bad fast. When your team is good you dont many heal points, and then something like a FP will take most or all of your team out. Its rare that youre in a game where people constantly get hurt, but only slightly so you can keep topping them off. I dunno.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I miss the days when people would play this game to shoot stuff. Now every server has a griefer or troll. Why didnt you just find a new server to play with good people than waste your time with them?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its a server mod, I dont know what its called though, sorry.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
They do it in HoE servers too. I saw level 0s in a few the other day.

They could be using the steam server browser, which doesnt tell you the difficulty unless its in the server name. Most are probably just rambo wannabes though.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I love the IJC weapons and mainly look for servers that have them. I wish more servers use them but I can usually find one in my difficulty.

That MK23 is mean.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Scyantific posted:

GOTKF has the pack installed and active. It's working fine for now. Feel free to join up and shoot some poo poo, we could use the activity.
I only like suicidal and hoe these days. Normal isnt a lot of fun with level 6 perks. :( (of the perks I like)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The server needs to be running the mod too. In a normal server the new weapons just arent there.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Alteisen posted:

Why not play on hard then? Even as all level 6 you can still fail there.
You might. :smug:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yep!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I did some googling and it seems the answer is "no" but I thought Id ask anyway, is it possible to download new gun skins/models? I love the M14 but the ironsights are rear end. I can handle them in other games but the way its modeled in KF makes it hard to focus on what youre aiming at.

Also are there any maps out there where camping one room isn't the best strategy, or even viable? Ive played KF quite a bit and love it but I can't help becoming bored as hell when all your team does is camp one room. I know you can zerk or just do something like circle westlondon but Im talking something more like that resident evil mansion where the point is to keep moving.

Cage fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 5, 2012

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
A few weeks ago I was in a game where someone was able to throw out dosh in $1 increments instead of 50. Anyone know how he was able to do this?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Geez, €24.99 too which converts to $32.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
All the things I want I assume would be covered automatically in the (a) sequel. Better graphics, but mostly just a better lighting system. Imagine how cool that hallway in biotics lab would be if the zeds had shadows and light reflecting off of them.

Also better AI. It looks ridiculous when the zeds zigzag towards you, or when they do the effortless 20 foot jump in the air.

Those are my two main gripes.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I would say get rid of the commando for the pat, I can't imagine him doing much damage since he's really the best at killing small stuff. Maybe have him go support.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
MK23 is the best gun, 12 rounds and it penetrates. Fires really fast and has nice, sharp iron sights.

Medic gun is pretty rad too, the display on the gun turns red when you are down to 10 bullets. Works best when you fire single shots imo.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Alteisen posted:

That's cool and all but, is it really a good idea for one character to have nothing but a limited ammo gun and a pistol?
I never ran out of ammo with the M99 since you're just using it on scrakes/fps/husks. Plus it only gives you enough room to buy a machete so it forces you to tighten up your 9mm shooting.

PROTOSTORM!!! posted:

Needs a melee stack of dosh to whop out at enemies, also finally get to use the IJW weapons, they were never available on any servers I frequent.
Ever since I found out about the IJC weapons Ive only been playing at servers that run it. Really limited my options but I love me that Mk23.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

An Actual Bear posted:

Same thing here. Also the new Medic gun has really weird sights, they seem to turn red at random times and then turn green again and I can't figure out why. Only thing I can think of is that it's meant to turn red when you train the sights on an enemy but turn green when you aren't aiming at enemies, and for some reason they're turning red and green seemingly at random.

Cage posted:

MK23 is the best gun, 12 rounds and it penetrates. Fires really fast and has nice, sharp iron sights.

Medic gun is pretty rad too, the display on the gun turns red when you are down to 10 bullets. Works best when you fire single shots imo.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Bad rear end Boutique posted:

Nope, the scores displayed in the server browser are how much money each player has. You can tell when a new game started on a server when every player's score is 250 (as that's how much cash you start with).
Someones never played suicidal or hoe!

You start with $200 and $100 respectively. Starting cash depends on the difficulty.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Nothing happens because whos going to watch 56 minutes of someone else playing kf?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Something is wrong with your computer or you joined a bugged out server, I dont know why you think the workshop will fix that.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Wow, 391. Thats why Ive felt so burned out on it lately.

Sequel with better graphics/smoother AI please.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Dont necessarily compare it against the AA12 or HSG, compare it against the regular shotgun or the new HSG-1. I carry it with my AA12 if I have a lot of spare cash. Also it has a flashlight and flashlights are fun.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Meow Tse-tung posted:

CSG is like one of those weapons where you say "well, it would be good if only..." and those factors are that it's really a "sidegrade" weapon that costs 2500 compared to it's 500 dollar counterpart, does the same damage, holds less ammo in the chamber and takes forever to reload (With the only perk being rapid fire). I went through a phase where I used it but now the only time I use it is for kicks on commando for the reload bonus and if I'm swimming in money and bored. Especially after the HSG1 came along. If they would just bump the CSG's ammo count to 8-10 and decrease the reload speed and/or reduce the cost I would use it all the time.
Get to level 6 and the cost will be lower.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So medic grenades are replaced completely with the new ones, lame.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

alg posted:

I saw two prices, one was twice as much. I clicked that and it gave me healing grenades. Pretty sure if you click the other one it gives you regular grenades.

edit: nope. what the gently caress. that's terrible.

also the jumping torsos are terrifying.
Are you sure that wasnt just the price for one grenade vs. price to fill up grenades?

e: oh

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

closeted republican posted:

Have pubbies gotten better at this game? The last time I seriously played KF was over a year ago, and they were terrible at the game. Getting to the final waves was often down to luck. It made co-op frustrating.
It depends on the difficulty, but maybe its you bro. :ssh:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Raneman posted:

So I tried out the "Infected Soldiers" mod on the workshop with a few friends, at wave 7/10 a ninja sidestepped back and forth at 200mph, did nothing, and eventually died. This is why I love mods. :allears:

My friends and I are now trying to mod the game to the point of being unrecognizable, throwing in so many mutators until eventually the server just crashes on startup.
You should look for "Endangereds Server" in the server browser, you'll have to uncheck "Enable Perks" in the server filters though. They have about 10 perks and a LOT of added weapons and new zeds. You can rank your perk up to level 60 and the server has 24 or 32 player slots, I forget which but I usually see around 8-15 people there. Rounds get pretty crazy and Ive only seen their version of the patriarch killed 3 or 4 times. Its fun if youre getting a little bored of vanilla KF.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

limp_cheese posted:

I find if they are using anything other than the Bullpup on full auto and don't switch it to single shot, they are a bad commando.

Why? I can fire a single shot using full auto with any gun besides the M4. Since you cant switch modes while reloading I prefer being able to unload on a zed in an instant if I need to.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Gromit posted:

He obviously means not firing it like a bullet hose. I mean, how do you think he has any idea what the player has the gun set on if only 1 bullet comes out at a time?
Except he said "switch to single shot".

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

limp_cheese posted:

Why would you waste the ammo when you usually only need 1 round to kill most trash Zeds? It also allows you to have more control of the weapon. Sure you can sqeeze off 1 round at a time if you're good, but how many times have you held the key down for slightly too long and wasted another round or 2? When you only have 27 rounds for the top tier commando weapons, 1 wasted round can mean the difference between reloading at a horrible time or not.
Well, for the "trash" zeds I just use my MKb, AK or M4, where ammo comes plenty. The SCAR and FnFal come out for the bigger guys where the full auto is even more important for emergencies.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Meow Tse-tung posted:

The top tier commando weapons have 37 perked, not 27, so the amount of zeds you can kill per magazine is much higher than bullpup once you leave hard.
The SCAR and FnFal only have 25, arent those "top tier"?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Gromit posted:

Err, yes? It being the alternative to fully automatic?
I don't want to put words in limp_cheese's mouth, as he can speak for himself, but it seems you take issue with him saying don't set the gun on full auto whereas you'd rather he had said don't fire it like a bullet hose? Surely we are all clear with the sentiment he was making without taking it to some pedantic extreme?
Well I dont think thats what he was saying, he was saying "switch to single shot".

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

limp_cheese posted:

Because it makes it harder to use it like a bullet hose. I'm sure you are great with it on full auto and can control how many bullets come out. Some people find it is too tempting to abuse the full auto. Single shot teaches trigger discipline and ammo conservation. unless I'm playing the game wrong, those are 2 important things to the group surviving.
Well its a better idea to teach yourself trigger discipline in full auto, because its easy to fire just a single shot and when you need more bullets you dont have to switch modes or wait at all.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zero Star posted:

I got into a Beginner game earlier with two lvl 0 Commandos. Turns out they were a husband-and-wife duo, who were new and had only been playing the game for an hour when I turned up. I gave them some basic pointers - stay together, heal your teammates for extra cash, play weapons that match your class, etc. They had a blast :3:
Who cares about that crap? Did you tell them semi or auto? :buddy:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Daionus the 23rd posted:

E: Nevermind, my computer doesn't run the game right and I wasted :10bux:.
Do you not at least have the minimum specs? How old is your PC?

Processor: 1.2 GHZ or Equivalent
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 64 MB DX9 Compliant
Hard Drive: 2 GB free hard drive space
Sound: DX 8.1 Compatible Audio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Please stop posting that link if you arent going to make it clickable.

I'll be damned if I have to type an IP without copy paste. :clint:

Cage fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 14, 2013

• Locked thread