Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Does anybody like playing with friendly fire on? Because it sure annoys the hell out of me. Always some idiot who either kills you, or runs in front of your gun when you're shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

joneswt posted:

My copy of Killing Floor has been "unavailable" for the past couple of days? Anybody have any ideas on what is going wrong?
Maybe an installation issue on your computer? It's been working fine for me.

Did you use something to modify your perks?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I use the default guy because I never actually see my guy unless we win at the end, and then I'm too busy spamming 'b' to notice it. :colbert:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I found that typing is pretty convenient, and easy to read. On some games, the chat is almost invisible, and people might not notice it.

I've also noticed that on KF, when there is a lot going on, you can't even hear someone who is talking on their mic, over the sound of weapons and death rattles.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Add me too guys, I'm 150 stalkers away from lvl 4 commando!

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/juanit0

And I love KF for blowing off steam!

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I added everybody as a friend who has posted their link so far. I want to kill some tonight. I'm an almost-level-4 commando, but I think I'm pretty useful.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

What Fun posted:

I would like that. I can only see one server on Normal, and I got kicked immediately upon entering it :(.
Really? That is odd, I see a ton of servers whenever I get on KF.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Maybe it's just me, but the game gets stuck/gets jumpy at times now, and it used to never do that.

I also don't like the commando M4, doesn't feel worth it at all. Constant reloading. I'd rather use the bullpup anytime.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I think no servers showing up is because of the master server being lagged by so many people hitting it. That's my opinion.

Because a few times I would get no servers, or just a few. But then a few times I would get a whole bunch of servers.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
You can also right click on the server list, and select Open IP and enter the IP from there.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
When you go to the trader.. right before you hit 'e', make sure that you aren't blocking the entryway/access for other players. The occasional troll will do this, but usually it's just noobs.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Server browser in KF isn't giving me any servers to play on. I can imagine that this isn't going to help recruit new players this weekend. :(

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

TouchyMcFeely posted:

You really should join the Normal server listed in the OP and play on there. It's heaps of fun and the other goons are really helpful.
Yeah, it's in my favorites, but full when I checked. :)

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Taffer posted:

Turn off motion blur
This should be in the freakin' OP. It makes such a difference around sirens. I didn't even know this was an option until Taffer posted it.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Does anybody know if the amount of time a person spent playing a demo is recorded on Steam? I'm tempted to give away a copy of KF to someone who played it a lot.. but I don't know if they'd be able to prove how long they played.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I'm going to give a copy of Killing Floor away to the goon who played during the free weekend the most (and doesn't own the game). You can see my post in the gifting thread.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Remora posted:

When does the normal difficulty server see a lot of action? I want to play with goons but there was nobody there.

(( also is a mic mandatory? I listen but I don't trust my old crappy mic ))
Sometimes you just got to hang out a bit. I'll be getting on later!

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I'm cool with any maps, as long as they're going to help advance my perks.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
That's my favorite thing about being a commando, spraying ammo at health bars that only you can see. :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Akoogly Eyes posted:

Anyway, what I'm getting at here is: If you're not enjoying the game on normal and your perks are at a decent level, play on hard. People who play on harder difficulties are generally a lot more skilled and fun to play with.
What about a level 4 commando? Should I be trying on hard, or would I not be appreciated?

• Locked thread