Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Insert name here posted:

I feel really guilty about pre-ordering The Ball for the skin and then playing like one level of that game before going back to playing KF. One day I'll get around to playing and finishing that game.

Play it for the Portal level they added as part of the potato ARG, then go back to never finishing it. It's best that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

Macheath posted:

Some friends and I have been getting into Killing Floor as complete newbies over the past week or so, and I've cut together some videos of the (ongoing) experience that you might like:

Session one: part 1, part 2, part 3
Session two: part 1, part 2

We really suck, but watching a bunch of idiots flail around and scream at each other is fun, right?

It is.

I still identify with your difficulty with the loving server browser, though.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

Had my first run-in today on MountainPass with a lv3 berzerker who was clearly more interested in trolling than actually playing the game. "DumpyD" or something.

His first strategy was "weld the doors to the trader". When this failed to provide sufficient amusement, he split off from the group on wave 5 or 6 and started endlessly kiting around the scrakes that went after him. When everyone got sick of waiting for the wave to end I chased him down and as he spots me (only a lv3 commando, this should do nicely, right?), he circles around and crouches, putting me between himself and the scrakes. Real cute.

I dispatch them and the server collectively votekicks him. I kind of wish I'd been able to bait the scrakes into attacking him instead, but oh well.

The funny thing is, he actually managed much less sabotage to the group as a whole than the other guys I wound up playing with a couple nights earlier who simply didn't understand when NOT to attack scrakes. :v:

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

I love how just firing this game up for a round or two at any time can produce several captureworthy moments.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

So the sniper rifle seems bugged to me; it requires me to press the ironsights button twice every time I want to scope, which is just asking to get your rear end kicked in any tense situation. Maybe it's specifically when using the 'hold' ironsights bind rather than the 'toggle' one?

Not that I should be that concerned about it, as the weight limit means I'll probably never use it, but I'd like to give it a fair chance. I'm digging the new shotgun, medgun, and handgun though.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

Scyantific posted:

E: Can someone with a Twitter account follow @TripwireYoshiro and ask him if they really did base the Harold Lott DLC character off of the loadsamoney video?

Given the similarity of both the first name and the character model (not to mention his backstory), I don't think there's any question.

Also, the store page for that: "with this particular DLC, we've added the inbuilt and inate ability to leave a trail of dosh behind you as you charge around the map!" Has anyone tried him out yet to see if this is just a pointless bit of joking flavor text or if it actually has an effect of some sort? Dosh particle trail?

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

Zero Star posted:

* The Firebug should gain experience from any kind of attack that involves igniting enemies, not just the Flamethrower. Using the Husk cannon and being able to ignite monsters with grenades & MAC10 fire is cool and all, but currently there is no real incentive to use them.

Last time I checked, those do count towards your leveling. They just might not be as effective at it since it appears to only be the actual burning damage that gets recorded, so the bullet damage from the MAC (and possibly explosive damage from the husk launcher? It's hard to tell) works against your grind.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

Ever since I hit lv5 support, my endgame combo has always been AA12 + hunting. It is loving amazing. :commissar:

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

Aliginge posted:

Any other main or gimmick Support builds out there? M99 is a total surprise to me.

For a while I was rocking out with a hunting shotgun / M32 combo. It's fun as hell, you just have to be extra careful about blowing yourself up.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

Geight posted:

It bugs me a lot less knowing that the money is going to the modders, has tripwire said what the profit split for that is? Or how much the DLC actually costs?

It's up in the Steam store, clicking the button on the title screen gets you there. $8 regularly, on sale for the duration of the event for $4. Dunno about distribution.

They've kind of set themselves up to be raged at over this by advertising them as free in the trailer they just put out though.

E: Server list filters are completely broken now too. Doesn't actually filter anything anymore.

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 23, 2012

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

First impressions of the flare gun are that it's awkward as hell. It's a projectile weapon, meaning you have to aim higher than your target to get any headshots, but it seems like it might have a small AoE ignition on contact? The real problem is you'd have to abandon the MAC-10 for it, since it's no substitute for any of the other weapons, but it's also not nearly as effective for getting out of point-blank scrapes.

E: Oh gently caress, not only does dual-wielding them result in significant left/right deviation for every shot fired, but sirens can reliably vaporize them too. gently caress the flare gun.

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 24, 2012

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

I'm pretty sure the gnome hunt achievement triggered on some arbitrary false positive for me, but given the rate at which I was finding them I won't complain. Gliding around as Berzerker Death complete with scythe and lopping off fleshpound heads is a grand ol' time.

Speaking of the scythe, that thing is crazy. It's like the claymore but with a comically huge sweeping hitbox. Makes ploughing through a herd of clots that much more fun, and nailing the loving crawlers that much easier.

That M99 rebalance, though, holy poo poo. That thing just isn't worth it anymore unless you can farm ammo boxes like a madman or happen to be rolling in several thousand spare dosh.

Also there's a new bug preventing you from buying dual MK23's if you already have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

I also just discovered that the scythe's alt-fire stuns a scrake on a headshot, and usually decaps him with the second swing. In a game on BioticsLab just now I repeatedly bodyblocked the Pat and hacked at his head as he attempted to flee, while our medic poured everything he had into me. Took him down before he could ever heal and nobody on the team was above level 4, nor did we have a demolitions.

So basically there's no reason to use the katana anymore ever.

• Locked thread