Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
As a level 5 firebug...

The Husk cannon is the only new weapon I don't enjoy. It just doesn't damage enemies fast enough. Maybe in later waves it does better damage to scrakes and fleshpounds? But even then, you're only left with a MAC-10 or a weapon you're not as good with. Other than that, you don't kill trash nearly as fast enough with the husk cannon, whereas a flamethrower will just rake in the kills and damage. Maybe if they adjusted weights so you could have both the flamethrower AND the husk cannon...that'd be fine. But the Husk cannon as a primary weapon? Yeuch. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Scyantific posted:

http://youtu.be/fH65PZZYSIk

DOSH

The World Ends With You music :swoon:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Mr.48 posted:

Not crazy about the Husk gun. Doesnt really have enough power to justify the high cost. Charging it up for a powerful shot takes forever. The only thing I like about it is that it has a pretty gun chance of stunning scrakes, but its justway too expensive.

Agreed

I'm not going to try it until tomorrow, but is there much difficulty killing husks with the husk gun (considering their resistance to fire, and damage itself seems lackluster)? Any recommended levels or tactics (preferably solo)?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Guillermus posted:

Support level 6 starting with the hunting shotgun is lovely at the other hand

I'd have to disagree. I really hope they change it to the Combat Shotgun at level 6. It's a lot more practical on the first wave than the cruddy hunting shotty, which is only useful for double barrel blasts on large groups of enemies, or endgame specimens. Plus, it'd sell for a lot better after Wave 1 (560ish rather than HS's 160ish).

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

etalian posted:

Thank god for the Steam Achievements manager program especially for the more obnoxious requirements.

Please don't encourage people to use it. While I've used it twice (once with major cheating, once with minor), I still feel bad. Plus, people who get to high levels immediately

-Won't be a big help to the team as they don't know how to work around the intricacies of KF
-Will find the game boring because there's nothing to grow to.

I'm sure I could've grinded as high as I am to berserker (mid level 4) in KF-survival or other methods like that. But actually having played both solo and MP with Berserker, I understand it (and appreciate it) a lot more than I would have.

Just play the damned game, folks. :arghfist:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Alteisen posted:

The stalker thing wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for 2 things.

1. They are super weak and even someone not aiming at them can kill 3 or 4 by accident.

It doesn't help that they spawn in groups and are, somehow, faster than crawlers. As a fledgling Berserker, I aim my 2ndary weapon at crawlers and end up gunning down 3-4 stalkers trying to get the same crawler.

• Locked thread