Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

The domain didn't expire. It looks like the IP address they had is pointing to the wrong server though.

e: Someone should PM r1ch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Grawl posted:

Regarding this, is there a reason alluvion.org turned into a Mazda forum?

Haha that is amazing.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Well, alluvion.org says it's a torrent site again, but I'm not able to actually connect with µTorrent yet. Anyone know what the issue is?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

FredMSloniker posted:

Well, alluvion.org says it's a torrent site again, but I'm not able to actually connect with µTorrent yet. Anyone know what the issue is?
Seemed like a database issue, clients can connect now and all the links in this thread work again despite the tracker page not listing any files. It may simply need more time to update.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Status update: I'm done with my GCCX job (among other major projects), so I've resumed translating.

Still waiting on my second soundtrack. Hopefully I won't end up like this guy who bought three soundtracks and ended up with three Nakayama cards.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 3, 2013

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Nill posted:

Seemed like a database issue, clients can connect now and all the links in this thread work again despite the tracker page not listing any files. It may simply need more time to update.

It's working fine now!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

zari-gani posted:

Status update: I'm done with my GCCX job (among other major projects), so I've resumed translating.

Still waiting on my second soundtrack. Hopefully I won't end up like this guy who bought three soundtracks and ended up with three Nakayama cards.

Why not? Hes the luckiest guy in the world!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Because having three means you need to have another three. So you can see both sides at all times. Where as if you only had one, or even two, you'd still think that six Nakayama cards is just a pipe dream we will never attain.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

FredMSloniker posted:

It's working fine now!

Password reset / account signup isn't working.

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013
And all the torrents aren't showing in the list on the site.

Bad News Jones
Feb 11, 2007

the anguish

bdr9 posted:

And all the torrents aren't showing in the list on the site.

Have you registered with alluvion?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I don't think anyone posted her's, but here's Black KirbyWatanabe's card:

Fooley fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 5, 2013

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I got the Watanabe card too!

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
That's a pretty manly picture of her, alright. And thanks for the previous segment upload.

EDIT: I also can't seem to register into alluvion, seems it isn't able to find my profile or something along those lines.

Major Helper fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 5, 2013

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~

Major Helper posted:

That's a pretty manly picture of her, alright.

I tried to understand how you came to that conclusion but I couldn't. I even blurred my eyes a little.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Might be just me, but the angle and her expression make her appear like some male comedian with make up to me. It could be that I only take her face into account, not her hair or clothes, as those kinda blend together in my eyes, making a backdrop for her face. I've quite a limited field of view so it could be my brain focuses more on the facial features due to that. If I turn my face so that her face is even more horizontal and focus on the neck/shoulder area, then she starts looking more feminine again, strangely enough.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
All I can pay attention to is the Myspace angle, which I feel like she may have chose on purpose. Oh, Watanabe :(

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Can someone tell me what episodes have aired since #161: Derby Stallion and in what order?

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

Can someone tell me what episodes have aired since #161: Derby Stallion and in what order?

#162: Donkey Kong Country 2 (part 1)
#163: Donkey Kong Country 2 (part 2)
Live Challenge 6: Mega Man 2
#164: Donkey Kong Country 2 (part 3)
Live Challenge 7: Super Mario Bros.
#165: DragonBall Z: Super Butoden
#166: Blue Shadow

The hint for episode 167 is "a shooter".

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thank you.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Is it sad that I noticed that there shouldn't be a dash there before anything else?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

RadicalR posted:

Is it sad that I noticed that there shouldn't be a dash there before anything else?
This proofreader is here to tell you no, it's not sad--it's observant. I haven't started working on that one yet, though.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

RadicalR posted:

An honest question deserves an honest answer.

Yes.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

They got Arino a voodoo wishing stump?

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Adamant posted:

#162: Donkey Kong Country 2 (part 1)
#163: Donkey Kong Country 2 (part 2)
Live Challenge 6: Mega Man 2
#164: Donkey Kong Country 2 (part 3)
Live Challenge 7: Super Mario Bros.
#165: DragonBall Z: Super Butoden
#166: Blue Shadow

The hint for episode 167 is "a shooter".
For a minute, I thought I missed an episode since I didn't know that Blue Shadow is the EUR name for the game he played. :downs:

Also, I hope the next challenge is a bullet hell SHUMP like DoDonPachi. I remember him playing and actually kinda liking one during one of the TamaGe segments, so he actually might do well in it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

The Dreamcasts birthday was yesterday, and then this happens

What could it all mean?!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
They're gonna import a copy of Doctor Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, obviously.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Gutcruncher posted:

What could it all mean?!

In a perfect world, Seaman.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

What could it all mean?!

Oh man, I hate those masters. You'll need to use the color selection tool to change your style because the black isn't a true black.

I'll also point out for people that there is one Dreamcast challenge...

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

Oh man, I hate those masters. You'll need to use the color selection tool to change your style because the black isn't a true black.

Yeah it matches or doesnt match depending on which screen Im using. My last step was gonna be to deal with all of that crap, perhaps even coloring on a scene by scene basis.

I ended up doing that with Famicom Jump, because the devs deciding that having slightly different shades of the same color for all their text boxes was fun!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Yeah it matches or doesnt match depending on which screen Im using. My last step was gonna be to deal with all of that crap, perhaps even coloring on a scene by scene basis.

I ended up doing that with Famicom Jump, because the devs deciding that having slightly different shades of the same color for all their text boxes was fun!

Chunsoft is completely evil.

BTW, as long as we're posting, people will be happy to know that there's four episodes in the pipe right now. Two of the "unique" games used on the show (to use the show's term :v:), a sequel, and a special game (that's the one Gutcruncher is working on).

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Chunsoft is completely evil.

BTW, as long as we're posting, people will be happy to know that there's four episodes in the pipe right now. Two of the "unique" games used on the show (to use the show's term :v:), a sequel, and a special game (that's the one Gutcruncher is working on).

So Super Spy Hunter, Tant-R, Takuhai, Get Fired Up! and... something else?

Or was this supposed to be a hint?

Random Stranger posted:

I'll also point out for people that there is one Dreamcast challenge...

I'd love you so much if you did that episode in its entirety.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Gutcruncher posted:

What could it all mean?!

A Season 1 episode? Wow we're going way back

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Who was the guy working on Translating the DS second game? You might want to get into contact with this guy who wants to start up his own translation:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/game-center-cx-arino-no-chosenjo-2-new-start.353523/

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

Heran Bago posted:

Who was the guy working on Translating the DS second game? You might want to get into contact with this guy who wants to start up his own translation:

I sent him a message already to offer what help I could, which sadly isn't much. A dead HDD cost me about a year's worth of work and totally burned me out. I certainly hope he can succeed where I failed, though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

InShaneee posted:

In a perfect world, Seaman.

Seaman was a fairly popular game in Japan (I think it was the second best-selling game on Dreamcast?) so it doesn't seem too farfetched.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Heran Bago posted:

I don't speak for the RCG2 romhack team officially, but I joined a while ago and translated a huge bulk of it. Translating the game is no problem; a lot of it is already done, and English logos have been made too. The hard part is hacking the game. Apparently the story adventure game is encoded in a way that makes it virtually impossible to dump the text? Or something like that (I don't know anything about the tech side). Probably the biggest reason why the project has been on a standstill.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Seaman was a fairly popular game in Japan (I think it was the second best-selling game on Dreamcast?) so it doesn't seem too farfetched.

Seaman would make for a cool side segment for a season. A few minutes documenting Seamans progress and interesting conversations. Most importantly, they wouldnt have to cheat the clock a hundred times to fit the game into a 12 hours day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

Seaman would make for a cool side segment for a season. A few minutes documenting Seamans progress and interesting conversations. Most importantly, they wouldnt have to cheat the clock a hundred times to fit the game into a 12 hours day.

Tweet Kan about this now.