Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

That was a great special, the one thing that annoys is that you just know that Abe had been practicing his Guile and would be out for revenge if they hadn't had to cut the SF2 rematch tournament down :(

e: Forgot we maintain some pretty thorough non-spoiler standards in this thread :)

Cybernetic Vermin fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Fooley posted:

Who sang Kacho Fighter?

AP Mare Ishida. She sang it on the CD too. She also played Mario Kart one time as well, during the Cambodia special.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 16, 2014

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

makere posted:

Here you go: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=533075

I took the liberty of renaming the file to bit more in line with other :filez:

Thank you kindly!

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
That was fantastic. Thank you to everyone involved.

No MAX or Abe though? C'mon, son.

InsaneDavid
Oct 22, 2012
Awesome, thank you to everyone involved in bringing this to us as well!

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Incredible stuff. Thank you SAGCCX!

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

TheMcD posted:

Sweet Jesus, they sure did drag the gently caress out of the Super Mario Bros. part. Feels like it makes up like an entire hour of the special. It was tense as hell and still enjoyable, but I still kind of wish they struck more of a balance.

This is how I feel. But it must have been amazing getting to go to this event and then translate it for everybody. Great job, Kakaricho. :)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

TheMcD posted:

Sweet Jesus, they sure did drag the gently caress out of the Super Mario Bros. part. Feels like it makes up like an entire hour of the special. It was tense as hell and still enjoyable, but I still kind of wish they struck more of a balance.

I think they had the whole problem of "Live" + "unpredictably". I think they did a pretty good job of damage controlling it, with the Red Bull and Mario Bros. costumes interlude, and you can actually spot a small cut segment at the start of somewhere around his 20th life. They definitely tried but, you know, Kacho :argh:

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thanks for another great translation! I'll also agree that I found the SMB part too long for my taste. It was nice to see him reach the ending, but the multitudes of lives he needed made it quite frustating and a bit boring at times. Despite that, it was still great and heart-pounding with plenty of emotion.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Thanks for another great episode, GCCX team!

I love this show. There's just something about it that, when I see it, makes me feel like everything's gonna be all right.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I love how everyone went crazy with the costumes, specially Watanabird and Tanii and Suda, Steamwork Knights.

Thanks for another amazing episode, team!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I watched the Budokan special last night in an drunk state... Even though I did watch the raw episode when that was put up, I still enjoyed it a lot. You guys did another great job, especially since this was Kakaricho's first translation! Awesome job, dude or dudette! :)

Also, regarding Arino spending the most time on 8-4 of Mario 1, I didn't mind it that much and I'm thinking it was done because of fans writing the show and asking why Arino never challenged/beaten the most well known retro game (which also explains the live challenge that lead to the revenge challenge), especially after ten years of playing other games that range from being almost legendary to insanely obscure.

Famibomb posted:

No MAX or Abe though? C'mon, son.
You could see Abe manning one of the cameras, but it is a shame they didn't have him come up on stage and do something.

Also, slightly off topic, but does anyone have a link to the raw of this season's finale? I remember one of the goons who I assume lives in Japan (or at least knows Japanese) posted some spoilered stuff from Twitter regarding the episode.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Obeast posted:

You could see Abe manning one of the cameras, but it is a shame they didn't have him come up on stage and do something.

I dunno, that looked like a fairly tough position to man and I wouldn't be surprised if he covered a few of those near-stage shots in addition to the corner he was standing on in that one part. Plus, it's not like the studio where you can write in "Abe shows up here so pause for a little bit while we shuffle bodies around." He makes cameos and he's a fan favorite, but his real job is still camera crew.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Thank you Kakaricho and SA-GCCX for your hard work on the Budokan episode! It was excellent. I too felt that a certain part dragged on a wee bit too long...I ended up skimming through the second part of it. I also felt the last game challenged lacked a lot of tension and oomph the others had and should have been played somewhere else in the show. It was a weak challenge to end on, but other than that, it was glorious and a ton of fun.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Seeing this posted reminded me that I have an extra 10th Anniversary tote bag from the event lying around (since the person that requested one never got back to me after I bought it), so I'll sell it to anyone willing to pay for it. Looking for $30 USD, shipped.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Obeast posted:

Also, slightly off topic, but does anyone have a link to the raw of this season's finale? I remember one of the goons who I assume lives in Japan (or at least knows Japanese) posted some spoilered stuff from Twitter regarding the episode.

I posted some stuff, but I redacted saying Matsui was leaving, because there was no formal goodbye. Or were you wondering about something else?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thanks so much for the Budokan translation. It was a wonderful piece, as always. I'm really curious, though: does anyone know what the other two "big surprises" were supposed to be?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Vermain posted:

Thanks so much for the Budokan translation. It was a wonderful piece, as always. I'm really curious, though: does anyone know what the other two "big surprises" were supposed to be?

When he failed Punch-Out, they showed a newscast style video where Abe and Yuuko Takeda discussed the movie and showed some new footage of it. No idea what the other one would have been.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
I think the other big surprise was about the 3DS game since I'm pretty sure that's when they announced a bunch of the new games.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

leather fedora posted:

Seeing this posted reminded me that I have an extra 10th Anniversary tote bag from the event lying around (since the person that requested one never got back to me after I bought it), so I'll sell it to anyone willing to pay for it. Looking for $30 USD, shipped.

I'd love to if you've still got it!

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

"die properly"
Do you have AIM or should I just give my e-mail so we can work out the details?

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

leather fedora posted:

Do you have AIM or should I just give my e-mail so we can work out the details?

I can PM on here if you'd like - otherwise email is great!

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Actually, that Mario Bros part really made me want to watch the live special somehow.

Thank you for another great and especially long episode!

Off-topic: Is acutally something other then the Friendly Downtown segment translated where Yoiko performs? I would be curious to see what Yoiko is like.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Been keeping busy with various things, including slowly working on the three-parter Donkey Kong Country 2... but that's going to take a while, so I need help choosing the next episode.

#106 - Horii Yuuji Interview
No game challenge -- a whole lotta talking about Dragon Quest. Comes with: 2-part amusement park trip, Shocking Videos MAX.

#129 - Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll
Part platformer, part fighting game. Comes with: Tokyo Game Show report, Project CX: Power Glove.

#145 - Famicom Detective Club
Arino takes on a famous murder mystery game for the Famicom Disk System. Comes with: candy store trip, National Living Famicom Treasure Arino. WINNER

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 17, 2014

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Can't say I'm terribly interested in Dragon Quest, but Shocking Videos MAX? Oh yes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yuuji Horii owns and I would love to see that interview. I vote #106 - Horii Yuuji Interview.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Mostly interested in Famicom Detective Club. Those kinds of episodes are usually good.

... it's not on the list, but if any other translators are stuck for what to do next, personally I'm really looking forward to Dynamite Headdy and hope it can come up soon. :P Love that game.

Thanks for the Budokan ep, that was great. Did they ever acknowledge the flowers we sent on the show?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
Out of those I'm most interested in Famicom Tantei Club, for sure.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Did another group sub Famicon Detective Club and did I watch that one, or is my mind just clouded? Is it the one with the hang glider?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'll be the second dissenting voice and pick 129, for a game that looks entertaining (to me, don't really care for the detective eps.) and the Power Glove and the Tokyo Game Show.

Kimoosabi X
Nov 8, 2006

Thank you to all those who worked on the Budokan special, it was great!

I'd vote for Famicom Detective Club as well, I really enjoy the murder mystery episodes I've seen so far.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

zari-gani posted:

#106 - Horii Yuuji Interview

Is he wearing a Cub Scout uniform shirt?

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
Project CX: Power Glove please. I guess you could do the Flying Dragon parts too.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Flying Dragon please.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Detective work sounds fun!

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Screw all of those and give us DKC2 right now

...But I guess I'd go for Famicom Detective Club if I had to choose. I'd watch any of them so I don't really care. :v:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I'd like to see Famicom Detective Club. Arino puzzling over mysteries is always great.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
#129 - Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll is my vote.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Detective episode please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Grawl posted:

Did another group sub Famicon Detective Club and did I watch that one, or is my mind just clouded? Is it the one with the hang glider?

Nah, that was Detective Jinguuji Saburou.