Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
#129 - Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll would be my choice, it looks like a fun lovely game for Arino to play through and I hope the Power Glove segment is amusing :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

makere
Jan 14, 2012
My vote is for the #106, to fill the season 13.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Looks like most of the votes are split between Flying Dragon and Famicom Detective Club, so maybe this calls for BARCODE BATTLER TIME.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Voting for Famicom Detective Club here, but Flying Dragon would be second.

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Would love to see Famicom Detective Club myself. That's a game series I've really wanted to start playing.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Famicom Detective Club .

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Flying Dragon! I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
I go with Dragon Quest. The interview doesn't get the Love it should.

After that: Detective Club. Arino Seems to enjoy these.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hmm... my preferences go: Hori interview, Famitan, Flying Dragon, but I'll appily defer to whatever requires the least work on your end.

Quick question: the raw footage from the Strider ep still hasn't been found, has it?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I vote Dragon Quest. Give it a card battle too!

Cheatum
Sep 2, 2011
Flying Dragon, mainly because I really want to see if Arino thinks the Power Glove is so bad.

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Quick question: the raw footage from the Strider ep still hasn't been found, has it?

I found two links for it on gaki-no-tsukai.com, I'm on my phone though so I can't check if they're dead or not.

Krioni
Oct 9, 2012
#106 has my vote, I love the trips and side segments. Also is anyone else having an issue with mega? I can't seem to download the latest episode it keeps getting to 99% and stopping on me. I want to watch it so bad too :-(

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I hope it isn't too late to vote for Famicom Detective Club. Detective game episodes are pretty fun!

On unrelated news, somebody should buy Arino this T-shirt.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Mister Chief posted:

Famicom Detective Club .

My vote here, too.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Famicom Detective Club is winning a bit now. I'll go with that. Timer gets to suffer. Thanks for the help! Flying Dragon will soon follow.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

geri_khan posted:

Mostly interested in Famicom Detective Club. Those kinds of episodes are usually good.

Son Ryo posted:

Out of those I'm most interested in Famicom Tantei Club, for sure.

Kimoosabi X posted:

I'd vote for Famicom Detective Club as well, I really enjoy the murder mystery episodes I've seen so far.

ChaosArgate posted:

Detective work sounds fun!

Kanfy posted:

...But I guess I'd go for Famicom Detective Club if I had to choose. I'd watch any of them so I don't really care. :v:

TheMcD posted:

I'd like to see Famicom Detective Club. Arino puzzling over mysteries is always great.

Acer Pilot posted:

Detective episode please!

Konsek posted:

Voting for Famicom Detective Club here, but Flying Dragon would be second.

CarpetCrawler posted:

Would love to see Famicom Detective Club myself. That's a game series I've really wanted to start playing.

Mister Chief posted:

Famicom Detective Club .

I hate all of you.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Mar 18, 2014

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Admittedly, Detective Club was one I wanted to do most, but I didn't think there was that much interest in it...

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Can we still get a barcode battle for fun? I must know who the true winner is.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Either one is fine by me, but since it seems to be the most popular of the two and part of me wants to see if Arino can figure out the solution long before he beats the game (like he's done with past detective adventure games), I vote for Famicom Detective Club.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
A detective episode sounds like it would be a lot more work on the part of the translators...but it's still the one I want to see most.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Famicom Detective Club Part II actually has a fan translation for the SNES port, and it's really worth playing. I wish someone would translate the first one one day!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I like all the Arino the Detective - episodes so this one would've got my vote as well. Also, great to know that the DKC2 trilogy is coming along, even if slowly.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I know it is not the best quality video, but here is a raw for GCCX# 176 Nosferatu Part 2. A better raw will probably be uploaded online later on.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1...r-cx_shortfilms

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
The other day I rewatched the Donkey Kong Country two parter (partly because going by the posts here, it sounds like you guys are doing the DKC2 episodes), and I love how Arino hovers his hand over the controller after seeing the "THE END?" during the fake credits (or kredits since they pulled a Mortal Kombat replacing hard C's with K's, which is a dead giveaway that Arino didn't pickup on).

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Derby Stallion may now be my most favorite episode ever.

Any time Producer Kan is caught on camera is gold.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

iastudent posted:

Another great moment of Kan entering the challenge room is in Paris Dakar Rally (which will always be one of the best episodes IMO) when, for some odd reason, nine hours into the challenge, the password Arino entered to continue didn't work despite it being correct, even when they checked it on the tape. Kan entered the room and the first things he says is, "I heard [Arino] did something again."

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

iastudent posted:

Derby Stallion may now be my most favorite episode ever.

In the past two seasons he's become a lot more involved in front of the camera. He seemed to be so hesitant about it initially but now he's doing it fairly often. The ending of Dynamite Headdy was the first time that he actually got on camera and spoke during a challenge (as opposed to hanging out behind the camera and talking).

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

"This isn't for fun."
"Yes. Even though it's a video game."
"Games are not for fun."

Love it. (Something tells me Arino was a real smartass teenager.)

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

Obeast posted:

Another great moment of Kan entering the challenge room is in Paris Dakar Rally (which will always be one of the best episodes IMO) when, for some odd reason, nine hours into the challenge, the password Arino entered to continue didn't work despite it being correct, even when they checked it on the tape. Kan entered the room and the first things he says is, "I heard [Arino] did something again."

I always love the almost overly-exasperated approach that Kan takes towards Arino. I would say my favorite Kan moment was in the USA special when Kan keeps getting annoyed at Arino stopping to look at stuff.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oh no! Arino's boss, Producer Kan, is coming over for dinner but the roast is burned! Can Arino salvage the meal and get that promotion he's been trying to get for 17 seasons? Oishinbo: The Ultimate Menu Three-Course Showdown. Translation by zari-gani, Timing by Random Stranger, Proofed by hirayuki, Encoded by I dunno some guy.

Mega (335 megs)

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

That's a really nice drawing.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Awesome, thanks as always. This sounded really cool when it aired but I didn't expect it to be done this soon.

EDIT: Torrent noob question. When that's posted can I get the file, then point that to the one from Mega and help seed?

Last Edit: Is this what Arino is referring to?

Fooley fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 20, 2014

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

univbee posted:

Oh no! Arino's boss, Producer Kan, is coming over for dinner but the roast is burned!

I said "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fooley posted:

EDIT: Torrent noob question. When that's posted can I get the file, then point that to the one from Mega and help seed?

Yes, it will be the same file. Nyaa is saying I'm bad at torrents though and not letting me upload. :argh:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Fooley posted:

Last Edit: Is this what Arino is referring to?

That's a separate event. It's considered good luck to have a sumo wrestler hold your baby, it's kind of a prayer for the baby to grow as big and as strong as the wrestler is.

wartjr2373
May 11, 2013
I'm going to be visiting Japan from March 23 to April 6, and as a big Game Center CX fan, I've been looking into the best way to take advantage of that while out there.

Does anyone know of any Game Center CX-related events occurring during that timespan?

Failing that, what are some good places to visit that were featured on the show? I saw the map of locations but there's quite a few, so I'm wondering what you guys think are the best places.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

wartjr2373 posted:

Does anyone know of any Game Center CX-related events occurring during that timespan?

Unfortunately, you'll just be missing the 3DS game launch tour (March 21st). I don't think there's any other events for a while after that.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

Unfortunately, you'll just be missing the 3DS game launch tour (March 21st). I don't think there's any other events for a while after that.

That's been sold out forever anyway, it'd be impossible to just show up.

wartjr2373, were there any places from the show in particular you wanted to visit? If you give me an episode, I'll see if the places featured are still around. I've noticed every place I want to see for myself ends up being closed...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

My special edition copy of the third game arrived! I got a Tani card with it.

More pics:
http://imgur.com/a/Z3skk#vBM9V3Z