Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The first challenge of season 18 will be Dragon Child Fighter (竜の子ファイター), a Turbo Grafix 16 game by Tonkin House, who also made Full Speed Delivery Boy.

Game play footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgGxZs6VzWM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Kakaricho posted:

The first challenge of season 18 will be Dragon Child Fighter (竜の子ファイター), a Turbo Grafix 16 game by Tonkin House, who also made Full Speed Delivery Boy.

Game play footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgGxZs6VzWM

I only watched a couple seconds and I'm already tired of that giant-rear end blue bar at the bottom of the screen.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

univbee posted:

I don't really have anything to add after that picture. I mean, look at it. Zari-gani did that, and the translation, Random Stranger timed, Hirayuki proofread, and I just kept slapping the keyboard until video happened.

Episode 145 - Famicom Detective Club (Mega - 355 megs)

Oh man I've played the translated part 2 on SFC but never had the drive to finish it. Can't wait to watch the first one! Thanks guys!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I have a question about the Famicom Detective Club episode. For the Tama Ge segment, it says that the narrator is Yuko Takeda. I thought she was still on maternity leave until season 17. Correct me if I am wrong.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

univbee posted:

I don't really have anything to add after that picture. I mean, look at it. Zari-gani did that, and the translation, Random Stranger timed, Hirayuki proofread, and I just kept slapping the keyboard until video happened.

Here's a torrent for it: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=538836

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Thank you much!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
That was another great episode, SAGCCX! :) But, one very spoilery question... Was this the first detective game Arino didn't correctly or mostly correctly predict the ending to (at least in terms of episodes that have been translated thus far)?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the release! That was a drat good mystery, I think the best "Detective Arino" after Hokkaido serial murders.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

joek0 posted:

I have a question about the Famicom Detective Club episode. For the Tama Ge segment, it says that the narrator is Yuko Takeda. I thought she was still on maternity leave until season 17. Correct me if I am wrong.
You're right--it's Naoko Tashiro.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
As if the April Fool's video wasn't awesome enough---now perhaps April can truly start to turn around!

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

univbee posted:

That was a pretty quick turnaround for what is probably a pretty text heavy episode (I haven't seen it yet). Good work team, and thanks as always!

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Great work with the translation. The episode was quite interesting, with a couple twists and turns to keep me entertained.

InsaneDavid
Oct 22, 2012

Thank you for the torrent!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Hirayuki posted:

You're right--it's Naoko Tashiro.

I totally goofed. I copy-pasted the "narrator" line (there are certain stock lines that appear in the show often that I keep in a Notepad file) and I forgot to change it. Sorry for the confusion.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
While "Ricolaaaaaaaa" is a loving brilliant localization, I was still pretty stumped over whatever Kinmugi is.

For everyone else who's curious but had no idea what it was, I think it's, like, a beer or something.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

While "Ricolaaaaaaaa" is a loving brilliant localization, I was still pretty stumped over whatever Kinmugi is.

For everyone else who's curious but had no idea what it was, I think it's, like, a beer or something.

Yes. If you're confused because it seems "off" for a beer commercial, Japan doesn't have the law stating that you can't show people consuming alcohol in TV commercials.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

univbee posted:

Yes. If you're confused because it seems "off" for a beer commercial, Japan doesn't have the law stating that you can't show people consuming alcohol in TV commercials.

I believe there is a similar FCC law in the US. You always see actors holding drinks and putting down drinks that have been sipped, but you never actually see people drinking.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

We know you've been waiting almost an entire day for the next episode, and for that we'll never forgive ourselves, but you can punish us later.

The art will tell you everything you need to know about Metro-Cross Part 1, provided by the inimitable (I've tried) zari-gani, translated by kakaricho, timed by Random Stranger, proofed by Hirayuki.

154 - Metro Cross Part 1 (Mega, 605 megs)

Note the file is larger than the other recent episodes (although still smaller than our old style encodes) because a side-scrolling game where the point is to never stop running updates the screen more aggressively than an 8-bit visual novel.

univbee fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 4, 2014

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I love the 2 Metro Cross episodes!

We get to see Abe'e daughter Amane during both TamaGe segments.

Hope you put the correct narrator's name this time.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 3, 2014

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

joek0 posted:

Hope you put the correct narrator's name this time.

I did. Called Abe 'Mike' by accident about three times though.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I'm glad it wasn't for Arino's sake, but this game seems made for the Power Pad.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Metro Cross owns, gently caress yes :getin:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Light Gun Man posted:

Metro Cross owns, gently caress yes :getin:

There was apparently a remake/sequel in the works a while back. It looks pretty complete and polished in this trailer, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt00OxDKXb4

For some reason they canned it, though.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The only thing I know about Metro Cross is that it got referenced in Noby Noby Boy.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dominic White posted:

That sucks, it seemed like it would be fun. Kind of terrible art direction though, holy poo poo where are the colors?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dominic White posted:

There was apparently a remake/sequel in the works a while back. It looks pretty complete and polished in this trailer, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt00OxDKXb4

Is that a pun? :can:

FWIW, I like Metrocross. It's a fun little game. Okay, that skateboard line obviously isn't intended and shouldn't work but otherwise it's amusing.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

univbee posted:

We know you've been waiting almost an entire day for the next episode, and for that we'll never forgive ourselves, but you can punish us later.

The art will tell you everything you need to know about Metro-Cross Part 1, provided by the inimitable (I've tried) zari-gani, translated by kakaricho, timed by Random Stranger, proofed by Hirayuki.

154 - Metro Cross Part 1 (Mega, 605 megs)

Note the file is larger than the other recent episodes (although still smaller than our old style encodes) because a side-scrolling game where the point is to never stop running updates the screen more aggressively than an 8-bit visual novel.

And a torrent for the 154: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=539137

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I feel like a bad GCCX fan for asking this but is Metro Cross Season 16 or Season 17? The last Season 16 episode I have is the second part of Yoshi's Island (#153) and the first Season 17 episode I have is Jogging Race (#158).

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
the collection grows

Thanks for your hard work as always. It's hard to come up with any original words of gratitude after this many episodes but this show always brightens up my day and I'm glad that you all still have the time and energy to keep at it even after so long.

abraxas posted:

I feel like a bad GCCX fan for asking this but is Metro Cross Season 16 or Season 17? The last Season 16 episode I have is the second part of Yoshi's Island (#153) and the first Season 17 episode I have is Jogging Race (#158).

They're Season 16, right after Yoshi's Island but before Space Hunter which is the last episode of the season.

E:

Unless you also include the Nintendo Channel episodes, Balloon Fight was between Yoshi's Island and Metro-Cross and Fire Emblem between Metro-Cross and Space Hunter AFAIK.

E2:

Oh hey, you're also missing the first Season 17 episode (Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse), Jogging Race is the second one for S17.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Apr 4, 2014

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

http://www.sa-gccx.com/episode-guide

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Kanfy posted:

They're Season 16, right after Yoshi's Island but before Space Hunter which is the last episode of the season.

Thanks!

Kanfy posted:

E2:
Oh hey, you're also missing the first Season 17 episode (Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse), Jogging Race is the second one for S17.

And thanks again! I just went through the whole episode guide and that was the only episode I was missing! Not sure how that slipped past me but oh well, thanks :shobon:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
This was another amazing episode (especially with Abe and the rest of the staff heckling Arino and moaning about him getting stuck on I think round 15). Thank you guys again, and I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us... :)

It's Metro Cross Part 2 tomorrow (at least I assume it's tomorrow since you gave us two episodes in two days), isn't it?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
His faces crack me up sometimes. That was a rough though how it turned out...

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
I used to love busting out the hidden Metro Cross theme in Noby Noby Boy.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Some pictures of the 333 gifts they'll start giving away at the end of April. It's all 15 trading cards in a frame for 10 fans, individually numbered t-shirt for 77 fans, and key rings for 150 fans. Also, signed copies (Arino and staff) of the GGCX movie script for 30 fans, and having your name added to the end roll of the movie credits for 66 fans.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 4, 2014

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Fooley posted:

His faces crack me up sometimes. That was a rough though how it turned out...

Yeah, I reset Yu Yu Hakusho, so what?
I often worry I'll wake the neighbours laughing when I watch the show.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 4, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Obeast posted:

It's Metro Cross Part 2 tomorrow (at least I assume it's tomorrow since you gave us two episodes in two days), isn't it?

No, we won't post Part 2 on April 5th.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Previously, on a very special Game Center CX:

And now, Part 2 of a very special Game Center CX.

155 - Metro Cross Part 2 (687 megs)

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
*clicks download faster than light*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

makere
Jan 14, 2012

univbee posted:

Previously, on a very special Game Center CX:

And now, Part 2 of a very special Game Center CX.

155 - Metro Cross Part 2 (687 megs)

Once again, the torrent for the people who can't handle Mega: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=539314