Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

univbee posted:

No, we won't post Part 2 on April 5th.
Two minutes later...

univbee posted:

Previously, on a very special Game Center CX:

And now, Part 2 of a very special Game Center CX.

155 - Metro Cross Part 2 (687 megs)
Oh you... :allears:

Seriously though, thank you guys for another few hours (hopefully more than that if you guys aren't done with this set of episodes) of Arino and his making stupid mistakes miracles. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Best promo

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
While I was watching the first part, I noticed an odd video glitch that I thought at first was an encoding issue. But on frame advancing to the relevant spot...

Not sure what was going on with the Famicom there, but it sure was, er, interesting!

It happened again a bit later in the episode:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I'm watching the Takeshi's Challenge live stream and Inoko MAX doing the karaoke part made my sides go into orbit.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Someone tweeted this to Arino which I found hilarious.
"Arino, my little brother found you while playing 'Attack on Titan' on 3DS!" http://twitpic.com/e087ib

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
The best part about Metro Cross is the US Artwork for it:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/metro-cross/cover-art/gameCoverId,180466/

I can't understand why this game wasn't bigger in America with cover art like that.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'd like to see a TV show based on Metro Cross. Put minor celebs into the helmet and suit and throw tires and cans at them!

What's with the tires and cans anyway, it's like the junkyard olympics or something. The big barrel things are pretty clearly giant drink cans in the artwork, so maybe the runner is small? But then there are smaller cans that he jumps on so...

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

It's like they made a product placement game before getting a product to place.

"So we make an entire video game, offer the rights to every drink company we can find, then sell to the highest bidder! Brilliant!"

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I've been sidelined the whole week with a nasty flu so I had to seek comfort from my folder of GCCX episodes.. and so the new releases have really been a blessing. Not to mention Metro-Cross is funny as hell and Arino goes out of his length to beat poor Amane.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I will never, ever, get tired of Arino getting overconfident. He somehow manages to do it at exactly the right moment every time. Intentional or unintentional it's always perfect comedic timing.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Three new episodes! This is amazing, I can't wait to check them out. Also great timing for me personally since I'm travelling. Excellent work!

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Watching the Fukuoka Homecoming Special again, I never cease to be amused by the narrator calling shooting range games Arino's "forte" when he reaches so far over the counter with the gun in one hand that it's practically impossible to ever miss. :v:

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Thanks for translating the episodes.

I knew that a lot of SNK fighters were on the GB but it turns out the port jobs were done by Takara.

Famicom Detective Club: Who is the fiancé of the woman on the cliff?

InsaneDavid
Oct 22, 2012
Thanks for all the new releases as of late!

Doc Hawkins posted:

It's like they made a product placement game before getting a product to place.

"So we make an entire video game, offer the rights to every drink company we can find, then sell to the highest bidder! Brilliant!"

And it wasn't until the PS1 Pepsiman game that the idea bore fruit.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
As soon as Matsui suggested he navigate for Arino I thought "that never works!" So it was a highlight to see Arino point that out.

And then it went and worked. What the hell?

retromonk
Nov 5, 2009

Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt

Cemetry Gator posted:

The best part about Metro Cross is the US Artwork for it:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/metro-cross/cover-art/gameCoverId,180466/

I can't understand why this game wasn't bigger in America with cover art like that.

"You want me to pose like this?"

"Yes, that's good. But could you make a face like you're in a non-communicative vegetative state?"

"I'm sorry, what?" :regd09:

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013
Metro-Cross is easily one of my favorite challenges, and the arcade visit for the 2 episodes is great as well. Definitely was not expecting it to be as good as it was.

taopriest
Oct 25, 2011

"Games Are Like Baths, Without Them, We Would Get Sick" Igarashi Koji
Yes, great challenges indeed. Some of my highlights in Part 2:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
8 1/2 hours of GCCX3 footage:

http://www.twitch.tv/vixynyan/b/517569942

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Heads sup, this site has the Retro Game Master DVD for $35.97:

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=es037

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
How would you name the Budokan Special?

The raws and sa-gccx.com list it as episode #172 and part of season 17
Some places, including the sa gccx team, have just named it as a "special" without the episode #

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

proxycell posted:

How would you name the Budokan Special?

The raws and sa-gccx.com list it as episode #172 and part of season 17
Some places, including the sa gccx team, have just named it as a "special" without the episode #

There was the extended special that aired and we translated and then there was episode 172 which was the documentary, like the Lemmings 24 hour documentary.

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

There was the extended special that aired and we translated and then there was episode 172 which was the documentary, like the Lemmings 24 hour documentary.

Thanks a lot for the clarification. I will update the file name that I use for it.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Here, have a zari-gani shirt. :v:

https://theyetee.com/

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

iastudent posted:

zari-gani, is there ANYTHING you can't do?
I feel so... depressed now. Maybe some GCCX will cheer me up...

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

iastudent posted:

Goddrat I am in love with that Blitz Comics art.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Wow that is pretty fantastic. There's some new designs by her on Fangamer too which I'll probably get at pax this weekend.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

univbee posted:

Goddrat I am in love with that Blitz Comics art.

Haha, that design is brilliant. I'm really tempted to buy it, if you can order to europe without hassle and added customs costs.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

iastudent posted:

Thanks for the free advertisement :j: Heads up for anyone who doesn't want it as a shirt: soon, I'm going to give it a nicer colour job to sell as an art print through The Yetee. (Both are good ways to directly support my work, if you want me to have more free time to work on GCCX stuff.)

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Azazell0 posted:

Haha, that design is brilliant. I'm really tempted to buy it, if you can order to europe without hassle and added customs costs.

No hassle when I ordered shirts from Yetee, only I think they add some shipping, so you might want to order more than one shirt.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I ordered a shirt from Yetee before. They shipped my shirt out, then sent me an email apologizing for my shirt being out of stock, then shipped out a second one.

Thanks!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That shirt is one of the few designs where I wouldn't feel weird wearing a video game shirt out in public. It's awesome and I might just pick one up.

EDIT: Wait, can you not get it anymore?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Pablo Gigante posted:

That shirt is one of the few designs where I wouldn't feel weird wearing a video game shirt out in public. It's awesome and I might just pick one up.

EDIT: Wait, can you not get it anymore?

The way Yetee works (and some other similar sites like Teefury or Qwertee) is they have a daily limited time shirt. I don't exactly know how they decide, but some of the more popular designs are kept on the store and sold at a higher price.

I grabbed the Canines Assemble shirt back when it was for the Doctors without Borders speedruns. Zarigani's other designs on Yetee and some that you might have missed out on can be found here.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Season 18 information!

General stuff

Episode wise, season 18 will apparently have 20 episodes

The opening - new music remix, but old classic games scroll. Feels kind of lonely.

AD? Matsui's still on duty

Snacks? Apparently Arino is well and his eyes are okay, but his doctor has recommended he quit salty/sour snacks (bad reception, not sure which), so his squid snacks were confiscated (and later returned).

The King? The 'six seasons curse' is alive and well. He got transformed into an elephant and is being quizzed on the 10th anniversary celebrations by some circus clowns

Age wise - apparently him playing with his glasses on, shoulders hunched with a cooling pad on is okay. Makes him look a lot, older in my opinion

New segment? Arino's at a hot spring resort playing with the Famicom Box, which has 30+ games to challenge. He played Super Mario Bros.(not understanding that he was playing with a time limit per 100 yen coin), claiming it'd be easy for someone who beat the game at the Budokan.

Still, Arino playing Famicom/NES games with an NES controller, kind of sweet...
More Info - http://famicomworld.com/system/other/famicombox/.

The game:

Opinion? One of the cheapest looking games I've ever seen. I almost want to track it down just to confirm how bad it is. Every level ends with a "choose-one-of-four-doors lottery" and if you get it wrong, back to the start of the level! So cheap.

Last boss? Recycled from a previous boss. Hooray Tonkin House!

Result? Beat with little AD help, might be another great season

Next game? "That game requested by so many people!" No clues at all really.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 10, 2014

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

Season 18 information!

General stuff

Episode wise, season 18 will apparently have 20 episodes

That's how they've been doing it since Arino made the show one of his primary jobs instead of just a side project.

Kakaricho posted:

AD? Matsui's still on duty

From how they work things he'll probably officially move on sometime during the summer. Whether that's to another position in the company or something else, who knows? Behind the scenes stuff has more to do with that than any on air thing.

Kakaricho posted:

New segment? Arino's at a hot spring resort playing with the Famicom Box, which has 30+ games to challenge. He played Super Mario Bros.(not understanding that he was playing with a time limit per 100 yen coin), claiming it'd be easy for someone who beat the game at the Budokan.

For anyone who doesn't know, that's essentially a Play Choice 10 in Japan.

Kakaricho posted:

Last boss? Recycled from a previous boss. Hooray Tonkin House!

They really are a crappy developer.

Kakaricho posted:

Next game? "That game requested by so many people!" No clues at all really.

In demand and not used yet makes me think that it's an infamous game that they didn't have the rights to use for a while. So I'm thinking it's a Konami game and that makes me immediately go to Castlevania 2. Not Castlevania since it's a disk system game and I don't think they'll ever go back to the disk system after the Famicom Detective Club fiasco.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 10, 2014

OrochiKiyo
Sep 9, 2012
The FamicomBox thing above reminds me of the PlayChoice-10. It's the same premise, just housed inside an arcade cabinet, using arcade controls.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

In demand and not used yet makes me think that it's an infamous game that they didn't have the rights to use for a while. So I'm thinking it's a Konami game and that makes me immediately go to Castlevania 2. Not Castlevania since it's a disk system game and I don't think they'll ever go back to the disk system after the Famicom Detective Club fiasco.

Maybe they'll try to hide a Wii U under a Disk System?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

pichupal posted:

The way Yetee works (and some other similar sites like Teefury or Qwertee) is they have a daily limited time shirt. I don't exactly know how they decide, but some of the more popular designs are kept on the store and sold at a higher price.

That is correct. Most designs usually only go for 24 hours, but sometimes if a design is tied into an event or popular enough, they'll extend it, or even make it available in their store for the long-term.

Kinda related, there is a RPG speedrunning marathon, Crystals for Life, happening in a couple weeks and Final Fantasy VI just happens to be the last game in the marathon. Maybe zari-gani can work something out with Yetee for an encore? :v:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Oh, and the new segment was shot at Hashimoto Kan in the Iizakao Onsen region of Fukushima prefecture. Nice to see them still "cheering for the Tohoku-Kantou region".

Link to the hotel: http://travel.rakuten.co.jp/HOTEL/31662/31662.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I was watching Shinya Shokudo live action series recently and just wanted to say how grateful I am for SA translators to actually translating the material. I'm glad someone has made the effort of translating the show (I really love the manga and the TV adaptation is good too) but all those kouhais, Ryu-chans, anikis, nee-sans... ugggh. It's like watching a TV-Nihon GCCX episode.