Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Even Game Center CX is too good for Mega Man 5 and 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Abe has started a Twitter account and a cooking blog.

https://twitter.com/cam_abe

http://camabe.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1.html

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What episode is his profile picture from?

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

poo poo, make MMX a 3 parter. I want to see Arino take his time with the Armadillo stage :allears:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

Even Game Center CX is too good for Mega Man 5 and 6.

Nah, they were just released after Mega Man X. In a couple of years of Arino is still doing the show I'm sure they'll appear.

Too good for Game Center CX? You have seen Space Hunter, right?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I don't think they are about release order that much considering they did Mega Man 2 first. Also, Mega Man 5 and 6 were both released before X in Japan according to wikipedia.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Kakaricho posted:

Next challenge is Mega Man X.

:20bux: says this will get top (or at least very very high) priority in SAGCCX's list of episodes to translate.

Also, is it sad that the farthest I've ever gotten in MMX was the final boss... With every single upgrade, and I still couldn't beat him? :(

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Great news! I actually prefer X to 5 or 6 since the former is a much better game. Although I have to agree that if Arino can beat the NES games, X should be much easier? But of course it's Arino, so...

Also, I guarantee you that Arino will never learn how to do the dash-jump or ceiling-break properly and thus won't be able to get that gun upgrade (of course it could be a fun moment where Arino spends an hour trying and then Matsui comes in and succeeds on the first go, like Sasano did with MM2 Quick Man beam part).

Kirbychwan
Mar 19, 2009

Nuclear fusion causes confusion!

Kakaricho posted:

Next challenge is Mega Man X.

This has all made me very happy. Not sure which episodes I'm looking more forward to, DKC2 or MMX.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Doesn't Zero give you the buster upgrade if you completely ignore the capsule for it? Regardless, this is an episode that sounds like it'll be a lot of fun to watch. :allears:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

What episode is his profile picture from?

One of the specials if I recall correctly. Maybe the 24 hour Lemmings challenge?

Random Stranger posted:

Too good for Game Center CX? You have seen Space Hunter, right?

That was a great episode! And the game is...interesting!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

That was a great episode! And the game is...interesting!

Yes on both of those. Space Hunter is definitely a... unique game.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Obeast posted:

:20bux: says this will get top (or at least very very high) priority in SAGCCX's list of episodes to translate.

Also, is it sad that the farthest I've ever gotten in MMX was the final boss... With every single upgrade, and I still couldn't beat him? :(

I played the hell out of MMX when I was a kid, but I could never beat the final boss, even with maxed out energy tanks.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The last boss wasn't very tough for me, but damned if the big spider didn't constantly wreck my poo poo. It was doubly annoying since he had what I thought was an obvious pattern but I'd die anyway.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

Or Mega Man Soccer. Staff battle!

Bro, act like you know, you mean really awkward, inappropriate staff rap battle featuring Tatsuo Kamon. EVEYBODY DAS COW! SABUUUU!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

DeathChicken posted:

The last boss wasn't very tough for me, but damned if the big spider didn't constantly wreck my poo poo. It was doubly annoying since he had what I thought was an obvious pattern but I'd die anyway.

At least it's not the one from Mega Man 8. :v:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Arino has had, what, two hairstyles in the past decade? What a fasion disaster! Thanks to Rocky Rodent, he can finally change his drat mop and look as pretty on the outside as he feels on the inside.

Translation by Zari-gani, proofread by Hirayuki, and encoding wizardry by Univbee.

Torrent
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=545193

Direct
https://mega.co.nz/#!qI9nwSqR!VHSY1V3rzGCttcEf3MsIg-J_-SCeFIY-4cQYYruSgWk

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Yes! I had an exhausting day at work (fun fact: working an eight hour shift in retail on the day before Easter is a lot busier/more exhausting than you'd expect), so thank you guys again for what I'm sure will be another amazing episode! :)

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Nice, a new episode for me to watch on my birthday now. Cool.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Holy poo poo I love Rocky Rodent and had no idea they did an episode of it. Gotta download this to my brain right now.

E: I also never got passed the haunted house... I think. Last time I played it I was like 6 years old.

E: E: Oh, I got further than that. I recognize the whip hair.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 20, 2014

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

zari-gani posted:

I don't speak for the RCG2 romhack team officially, but I joined a while ago and translated a huge bulk of it. Translating the game is no problem; a lot of it is already done, and English logos have been made too. The hard part is hacking the game. Apparently the story adventure game is encoded in a way that makes it virtually impossible to dump the text? Or something like that (I don't know anything about the tech side). Probably the biggest reason why the project has been on a standstill.

I'm a little late, but according to this post, that wasn't the case, or at least wasn't by the time of that post.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm pretty disappointed at how early Arino fizzles out in Rocky Rodent, even with the continue code. He got past the halfway mark but it didn't even feel close.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man that game actually looks pretty good. I was wondering how I had never heard of it but apparently it was never released in Europe. The hair styles giving you different abilities seems like a neat gimmick.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

Arino has had, what, two hairstyles in the past decade? What a fasion disaster! Thanks to Rocky Rodent, he can finally change his drat mop and look as pretty on the outside as he feels on the inside.

Translation by Zari-gani, proofread by Hirayuki, and encoding wizardry by Univbee.

Torrent
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=545193

Direct
https://mega.co.nz/#!qI9nwSqR!VHSY1V3rzGCttcEf3MsIg-J_-SCeFIY-4cQYYruSgWk

I was praying for a new Arino last night, and you folks somehow delivered. Thank you!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Rocky Rodent looked pretty interesting, seemed like the bastard child of Mario and Sonic. Is the hairspray really just a crappier version of the clipper? Seems like the only downside to the clipper was you could get one shot if you got hit after throwing your hair.

The Tamage segment was pretty good, I about lost my poo poo when Arino played Metal Slug with the old lady.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
The interlude picture of Arino looks like a mix of Brezhnev and Einstein.

Nice episode, loved the candy store duo.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
And in other news, it looks like that RGC2 is going to hit alpha testing soon. It's shaping out to look really, really well done. Professional levels even.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

RadicalR posted:

And in other news, it looks like that RGC2 is going to hit alpha testing soon. It's shaping out to look really, really well done. Professional levels even.

That IS really great news! I'd get a flash cart just to play it on real hardware in English. :sigh:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

That was an amazing episode, even if the protagonist looks like a bargain bin Sonic the Hedgehog, and it seemed like Arino could've beaten it, the game seemed like it was just right for his skill level.

Pecky... :smith:

And since they're now playing Irem games, a Hammerin' Harry challenge couldn't be that out of place!

makere
Jan 14, 2012

RadicalR posted:

Can you play it without touchscreen? (My DS touchscreen is nearly dead.)

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Arino sounded so sad when his friend wouldn't help him.

Pecky...

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

makere posted:

Im not 100% sure since I like to touch the thing, but I think every touchscreen action has a button version.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011

Pentaro posted:

And since they're now playing Irem games, a Hammerin' Harry challenge couldn't be that out of place!

I think you mean Deadly Towers. :unsmigghh:

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!
In the tamage segment Arino actually spent 160 yen on the coin flicking game I think. Looked hard.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Oh, Kibe. Oh, Star Jacker.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

So Congo Bongo is Donkey Kong?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I thought the console version of Congo Bongo looked better than the arcade version from the little bit I saw here.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

El Mido posted:

I think you mean Deadly Towers. :unsmigghh:

It's definitely on the list of potential challenges that the show is looking at and has been under consideration since at least season 13. I fully expect it to show up as a challenge to knock Arino down a peg eventually, though they're probably going to wait a little while before giving him a brutal game like that.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Caitlin posted:

That IS really great news! I'd get a flash cart just to play it on real hardware in English. :sigh:

If you got an regular DS or DS Lite, I might have one lying around doing nothing...

makere posted:

I *think* so. I'm sure someone on the project could probably confirm or deny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RadicalR posted:

I *think* so. I'm sure someone on the project could probably confirm or deny.

I don't recall any touch screen features in the game.