Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

TheMcD posted:

I would presume that you don't have an arcade nearby, since making an arcade trip is probably one of the most obvious options and you probably thought of that already.

He could make his own mini-arcade, I'm thinking. Get a few of toy pinball games (http://www.amazon.com/Schylling-Home-Run-Pinball-Toy/dp/B000OO0I54/), a mini-claw game (http://www.amazon.com/Clean-Cubes-4093-Electronic-Claw/dp/B000KS52D2/), and either a plug 'n' play arcade game (http://www.amazon.com/Jakks-Namco-Arcade-Classics-Plug-Games/dp/B00009VDXX/) or an computer running MAME (with handpicked games) and a old-school joystick (http://www.amazon.com/Speedlink-Sports-Tournament-Competition-Joystick/dp/B00DW5F4VU/).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"
Get a few of your more dramatic friends to do a line reading from one of her favorite games. (Complete with Chopin in the background)

AladdinSane
Sep 4, 2011

TheMcD posted:

I would presume that you don't have an arcade nearby, since making an arcade trip is probably one of the most obvious options and you probably thought of that already.

What you probably really need is some sort of miniature PA system so you can play Kan. That belongs to the real GCCX experience. Otherwise, I think you've pretty much got the main points nailed.

Most of the arcades have closed around here, the only one that we could get to and back in a reasonable amount of time is located at one of the busiest malls in the country, so it would be a big hassle. Time to lament the death of the local arcade some more...

AladdinSane
Sep 4, 2011

Hirayuki posted:

For your wife. For her.

Yes, very, very important semantic difference. Pay attention to Hiayuki everyone!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

AladdinSane posted:

Yes, very, very important semantic difference. Pay attention to Hiayuki everyone!

:smith: I'm sorry! English ain't my strongest point. :negative:

AladdinSane
Sep 4, 2011

Eponymous posted:

You could play To Catch A Catch Copy with whatever game collection you have.

Fantastic idea! We don't have any carts laying around, but I could grab some box scans, print them out and lay them out on a table and she can play against the AD's that come over. Thanks!

AladdinSane
Sep 4, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

That's a good one, plus Famicom Video Game Sniper with any carts you have.

I knew I shouldn't have given up on that Super Scope. This is the day, 20 years later, where it would have been useful!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Live stream the challenge for the Budokan experience.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

Light Gun Man posted:

Live stream the challenge for the Budokan experience.

Haha livestream or not you should post some pictures from the party in this thread.

AladdinSane
Sep 4, 2011

Japanese Phone Box posted:

Haha livestream or not you should post some pictures from the party in this thread.

It's about 6 weeks from now, and I will if she is ok with it. I could not imagine putting anyone through a Budokan experience. However, I can guarantee she would blow past Popinski.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Provide her with one of these.

http://www.splatback.com/SplatPigs.html

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!
Genius idea. That's the one thing I wish I could do for myself, but I just don't have the time to do something like that anymore.

Are you going to play the role of Abe? The only piece that's missing that I can think of would be to have audio tracks that play during gameplay. "Go Under", laughter, applause, sighs, and other reaction audio that you would play at the right time.

AladdinSane posted:

Most of the arcades have closed around here, the only one that we could get to and back in a reasonable amount of time is located at one of the busiest malls in the country, so it would be a big hassle. Time to lament the death of the local arcade some more...
Mall of America?

cubeboy fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 15, 2014

AladdinSane
Sep 4, 2011

Totally forgot about those! Good idea!

AladdinSane
Sep 4, 2011

cubeboy posted:

Genius idea. That's the one thing I wish I could do for myself, but I just don't have the time to do something like that anymore.

Are you going to play the role of Abe? The only piece that's missing that I can think of would be to have audio tracks that play during gameplay. "Go Under", laughter, applause, sighs, and other reaction audio that you would play at the right time.

Mall of America?

Indeed. I'll probably being doing the roles of Kibe, Abe and Suda all in one. I think having the AD's over will provide some natural reactions, but maybe I could pull some clips of Arino for extra support!

Thanks everyone for all the ideas!

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

AladdinSane posted:

Indeed. I'll probably being doing the roles of Kibe, Abe and Suda all in one. I think having the AD's over will provide some natural reactions, but maybe I could pull some clips of Arino for extra support!

Thanks everyone for all the ideas!
http://www.burnsvillecenter.com/, great arcade in their lower level in case it's close to where you are.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

This might be overboard, but it would be memorable: it is possible to rent amusement devices the day. You might be able to find a place that can get you an arcade machine or a crane game, put it in the garage (or some other suitable place), and then have a surprise arcade trip. I don't know if you can rent an arcade manager, though.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Rent an elderly Japanese woman.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The GCCX live event at Odaiba New World starts today at 1100 JST, Twitter tag #gccx新大陸 if people want to see pictures.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 16, 2014

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

DVD-Box 11 will be released on December 19th, and the Akihabara event will be on the 20th.

The game he challenged was Battletoads, no idea yet what the conditions were. The report on it will be broadcast in October.

Also, ADs Itou and Egawa are apparently leaving the show quitting Gascoin Company.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 16, 2014

AladdinSane
Sep 4, 2011

cubeboy posted:

http://www.burnsvillecenter.com/, great arcade in their lower level in case it's close to where you are.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Last year when I was there it was closed down.

AladdinSane
Sep 4, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

This might be overboard, but it would be memorable: it is possible to rent amusement devices the day. You might be able to find a place that can get you an arcade machine or a crane game, put it in the garage (or some other suitable place), and then have a surprise arcade trip. I don't know if you can rent an arcade manager, though.

Maybe a crane machine with an elderly Japanese lady in it?!?!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Next time, ---dog appears.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I really hope they make him play an untranslated import of Mad Dog McCree for the Sega CD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Dog_McCree

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

Well, it's not Rush.

I'm positive this is a reference to something else in a game and I just don't have the context for it, so I'm going to say the crazy guess and say Shadow Dancer.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Time Crisis.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Random Stranger posted:

Well, it's not Rush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhmwh0EEoIo

Too bad. Wonder Dog? Family Dog?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Kakaricho posted:

Gordog, a mixture of the words Gordon and Dog?

Half-Life 2 confirmed for the next challenge! :derp:

I'm kidding, but I would seriously kill to watch Arino waste time loving around with the Gravity Gun when he first gets it like he did in the city management mode of ActRaiser. :shobon:

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

Random Stranger posted:

Older episodes are being worked on. They will come. There's one that's being worked on that I've been looking forward to for a while but because the segments are incredible.
Fingers crossed for Koushien Baseball. I watched the raw, and it's hilarious knowing little to no Japanese. I would imagine it would be even better if I understood the dialogue :)

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
We can only hope it's Jaleco's Super Dog Booby.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Chef Arino is basically running a monkey soup kitchen on T.V. right now.

It's the latest "0 yen Desert Island Life" special, not me having a stroke.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Kakaricho posted:

Chef Arino is basically running a monkey soup kitchen on T.V. right now.

It's the latest "0 yen Desert Island Life" special, not me having a stroke.
This needs to be top priority for SAGCCX now (I know it's not GCCX, but you guys have done non-GCCX videos featuring Arino before). :colbert:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Obeast posted:

This needs to be top priority for SAGCCX now (I know it's not GCCX, but you guys have done non-GCCX videos featuring Arino before). :colbert:

He's being robbed by monkeys, while cooking, and also settling their fights right now.
He refused to yell when the mother monkey stole his mayonnaise lid though...

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Aug 24, 2014

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
there is a strange file floating around concerning the Kotaku Ninja Gaiden translated episode: it is being listed as a "DVD Vol 5 Extra" - Is this accurate? From what DVD is this?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

proxycell posted:

there is a strange file floating around concerning the Kotaku Ninja Gaiden translated episode: it is being listed as a "DVD Vol 5 Extra" - Is this accurate?

The NG Director's Cut was originally from Box 3, not 5.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kotaku's episodes used the DVD versions of the challenges, so they're a little modified.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Speaking of the DVD versions, I'm attempting to reconstruct the Super Fantasy Zone episode from the DVD and segments video. I figure the game corner goes after the bit where the AD shows him how to play with retro music (the Prince appears and everything) and the discussion of the challenge game goes at the end, but where should Ring Ring Tactics and Xevious Observation go?

makere
Jan 14, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

Speaking of the DVD versions, I'm attempting to reconstruct the Super Fantasy Zone episode from the DVD and segments video. I figure the game corner goes after the bit where the AD shows him how to play with retro music (the Prince appears and everything) and the discussion of the challenge game goes at the end, but where should Ring Ring Tactics and Xevious Observation go?

You can find online streaming of the RAW fairly easily if you google with this "ゲームセンターCX #59". I don't want to link it because :filez:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

makere posted:

You can find online streaming of the RAW fairly easily if you google with this "ゲームセンターCX #59". I don't want to link it because :filez:
Thanks! I appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012

rdbbb posted:

The NG Director's Cut was originally from Box 3, not 5.

thanks a lot! i'm glad to know that its actually real at least. thanks!