Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013

Kakaricho posted:

Today (October 23rd) is VE Suda's birthday. He used to have a Twitter account, but it seems he deleted it.

There sure are a lot of gccx staff birthdays in October :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Jakespeare posted:

There sure are a lot of gccx staff birthdays in October :P

They don't call it Coming of Age Day for nothing.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

Today (October 23rd) is VE Suda's birthday. He used to have a Twitter account, but it seems he deleted it.

My birthday is on that day as well! That is pretty cool. Hope we both have a great birthday.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Katana Gomai posted:

They don't call it Coming of Age Day for nothing.

That's in January.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kakaricho posted:

That's in January.

What's 9 months after January?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

univbee posted:

What's 9 months after January?

September, if you count January itself.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kakaricho posted:

Good, because nine months is a misnomer and gestation is technically closer to ~10mos :v:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Abe cooks, Yanai does the dishes.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Kakaricho posted:

a) you're reading too much into that joke
b) that would still be October

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Katana Gomai posted:

a) you're reading too much into that joke
b) that would still be October

Count from 1 to 9 on your fingers. September is the ninth month of the year.
I was going for a very weak joke and it failed. Oh well, move on.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Kakaricho posted:

Count from 1 to 9 on your fingers. September is the ninth month of the year.
That's not how counting works.

We're very far afield from anything related to games or centers or even CXes at this point, however univbee is still right. If a couple conceived their baby on the 13th of January, their due date would be the 20th of October. Feel free to fact check this: http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

xamphear posted:

That's not how counting works.

We're very far afield from anything related to games or centers or even CXes at this point, however univbee is still right. If a couple conceived their baby on the 13th of January, their due date would be the 20th of October. Feel free to fact check this: http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator

This is roughly what happened with my wife and I except our son ended up being induced prematurely, which put us beginning of October, which meant the hospital was super-busy because apparently things happen around Christmas and New Year's a lot.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
So~ anymore hints for the upcoming episode? Alls I know is its a sega game that has a save feature lol

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Jakespeare posted:

So~ anymore hints for the upcoming episode? Alls I know is its a sega game that has a save feature lol

Only that I lie a lot.

I'm anticipating a release in the near future. Let's go with that.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

Kakaricho posted:

Abe cooks, Yanai does the dishes.

Poor Yanai. He's gone from Defense Machine to Clean Machine.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

No, it's not Super Mario Kart.

Instead, today's episode is one of the most controversial episodes of Game Center CX. Can Arino solve the brain teasers of Tant-R?

This episode was translated by zari-gani, timed by miscellaneous14, and checked by Hirayuki.

Download via torrent

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Awesome! Thanks!!!

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Incredibly minor thing I noticed is that the file itself says episode 120 while the download on nyaa is labeled 121.

---

Looked up what Tant-r is and I can't even figure out what is going on. Should be hilarious, thanks!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rynoto posted:

Incredibly minor thing I noticed is that the file itself says episode 120 while the download on nyaa is labeled 121.

---

Looked up what Tant-r is and I can't even figure out what is going on. Should be hilarious, thanks!

My own fault there. It is episode 120.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Random Stranger posted:

No, it's not Super Mario Kart.

Instead, today's episode is one of the most controversial episodes of Game Center CX. Can Arino solve the brain teasers of Tant-R?

This episode was translated by zari-gani, timed by miscellaneous14, and checked by Hirayuki.

Download via torrent

Is there a story behind that or is this just the usual flavor text for a new episode post?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Honey Boo Boo gets canceled, I landed the best job I've ever gotten, and a new episode all in one day. What a day. Thanks zari-gani, misc14, and Hirayuki. I've gotta ask, though: what's with the file size? I saw ~188 MB and assumed it was a shorter, Nintendo Channel episode. Pleasantly surprised to see it's 58:00.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Hell yes Tant-R. I'm sad that I have to go to work right now, drat.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Bloodplay it again posted:

I've gotta ask, though: what's with the file size? I saw ~188 MB and assumed it was a shorter, Nintendo Channel episode. Pleasantly surprised to see it's 58:00.

A combination of a low resolution master (one of the badly screwed up ones unfortunately, but that's all behind the scenes stuff) and a lot of static screens.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Random Stranger posted:

A combination of a low resolution master (one of the badly screwed up ones unfortunately, but that's all behind the scenes stuff) and a lot of static screens.

I like hearing about being the scene stuffs. Please tell us, if you can.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Oh god, those puns hurt. I think I wanted to slap myself once I heard the Kubrick one, because that was just incredibly ugly.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I dunno, I thought those puns were so dumb and so great :3:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RadicalR posted:

I like hearing about being the scene stuffs. Please tell us, if you can.

The season 14 and early season 15 masters were really bad. Whoever was encoding the ones that we could find screwed them up every way you could. Color balance, resolution, aspect ratio, audio, cuts, super low bit rates, and there's even one master they did where they hit FF on their DVR during the process and didn't bother to correct it. We've got improved masters for some of these episodes but for most of them we're just out of luck.

In this case, they screwed up both the resolution and aspect ratio and they had to be manually fixed.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Is this translation correct? It shows Metal Slug 3, but the subtitles say "fourth".

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Counting Metal Slug X, yes, it's correct.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Grawl posted:

Is this translation correct? It shows Metal Slug 3, but the subtitles say "fourth".

Metal Slug X came out in between 2 and 3. Technically a remake of 2 but a different game nonetheless.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
A lot of people also consider Geo Storm to be the first game in the Metal Slug series, but given the important the show places on publisher lineage, they're definitely talking about Metal Slug X.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
A new episode?? Well this is most definitely a pleasant surprise :D merci buckets !

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013
I'm just curious, what was the original pun in Japanese that was translated as "sur-prized"?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

bdr9 posted:

I'm just curious, what was the original pun in Japanese that was translated as "sur-prized"?

Shou means prize. Adding -mashou to a verb more or less makes it "Let's [verb]".

ageru = give
agemashou = let's give

When Arino asked which shou her snack won, she said "Agema-shou" ("Let's give you one").

Then I think the narrator says "Itadakima-shou" ("Let's eat").

I translated this ep a long time ago. I forgot how much I had to struggle with puns...

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I just finished watching the Tant-R episode. Despite the video quality (which I saw Random Stranger's posts about it being beyond your guys' control since you go by the best raw you can find, so I'm not upset about it :)), I enjoyed the episode a lot. Thank you guys again for another awesome release. :)

Also, even though I'm probably the only person in the universe who doesn't own an iPad or similar tablet device, I actually would love to see a shape math game on a platform like that since I think it would work a lot better with a touchscreen rather than a game controller. I have a feeling that someone probably has made that already, though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for this episode, fun watch although it was a bit repetitive game-wise. Just consider the poor raw an extension of the whole "Arino missed his daughter's thing for THIS??" theme this episode has going on.

Retro read aloud is always better than you expect it to be, drat.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Some pictures from AD Ishida's wedding

Arino giving a toast.

The happy couple!

AD Yanai singing "Sex on the Beach" at the 4th after party. He sang the song so well and often his new nickname is (apparently) Sex Machine.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 25, 2014

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

This was a really fun episode, fun game with a lot of challenge (also one that you can get half the fun from just trying to solve the puzzle along with Arino), and quality segments. Thanks to the team as usual.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Great episode. Like Vermin said I like how you can play along with Arino which is probably the reason I like the murder mystery games so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, Tant-R looks like a fun game. I agree that it's always fun to try and solve the puzzles faster than Arino. But he's pretty drat good in these type of games!

Seems like only a japanese release, though? Too bad my Megadrive can only play PAL games and I have absolutely zero skill or knowledge about modding.

e: Seriously, one of the funniest episodes in a long time. All the way to the end and Aro-kacho.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Oct 25, 2014