Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

WesY2K posted:

If they brought out a Special Edition with English subtitles...

There's no standard edition, both the DVD and blu-ray come with a second disc of extras, as well as a bunch of extras. Didn't even have Japanese subtitles though...

Today (December 3rd) is Former AD Tsuruoka's birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The year-end marathon schedule looks like this:

12/31 -
1200: Budokan
1400-2355: Episodes 172-181
2355-0010: 15 minute year-end special

01/01
0010-0200: GCCX Movie
0200-1200: Episodes 182-191
1200-1350: GCCX Movie

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The next challenge is Crazy Climber on the Famicom.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Kakaricho posted:

Huh! I did not know that'd been ported. I played it in the arcade once or twice back in the day.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mister Chief posted:

Crazy Climber?

Kakaricho posted:

Called it!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

That's such a weird choice.

FredMSloniker posted:

Huh! I did not know that'd been ported. I played it in the arcade once or twice back in the day.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person at my local arcade to have completed a stage. The arcade version is absurdly difficult and completely unfair. I recall Arino being surprisingly good at it, though...

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The reason I guessed it is because the famicom version came with a 'unique' controller add-on.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
That's really gross.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I remember the Raving Rabbids commercial claiming to be the first game you can play with your butt.

I wonder of we can sue Ubisoft for false advertising.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gutcruncher posted:

I remember the Raving Rabbids commercial claiming to be the first game you can play with your butt.

Surely FATAL predates Raving Rabbids.

Totally Gouf
Oct 28, 2014
Crazy Climber! We've got that on the multicade at my workplace (I work at an 80's classic arcade), and I don't think I've seen anyone get past the second board. It's surprisingly popular, though, probably because it's got unique controls.

I've watched SA's GCCX subs for a while (and am a big fan of zari-gani's art!) but was too chicken to post on the thread/get an account until now--here's a very belated thanks to the SA-GCCX team! It's really fun to be able to watch GCCX episodes and then immediately find those games at my workplace. Currently my bosses want to get into GCCX as well, so I'll probably rep 'em episodes featuring games we have.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Just a heads up but the server that hosts sa-gccx.com is being moved tonight. Don't freak out if the site doesn't work it'll come back sometime around midnight cst.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

It's ----man on January 8th, guesses?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kakaricho posted:

Low-G Man

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Gitaroo.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kakaricho posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Man_%28video_game%29

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Pepsiman.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Kakaricho posted:

I hope it's Sunsoft Batman but I doubt it.

ETA: My actual guess is Shubibinman.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 12, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Haggleman!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Please be this.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I liked this one initially but it was never released in Japan. However, if they wanted to do their first NES challenge...

There's a lot of good options for challenges for -Man games. I'm going to go with Cycle Race: Road Man mainly because between it and Devil Man this is the one that I think Arino would suffer more with.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

I liked this one initially but it was never released in Japan.

I was afraid that was going to be the case. Or that it had some other title over there.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
8-Man for neo geo.? , though I've been hoping for nes batman for a long time

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.
He's never played Bravoman, has he?

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
I'm doctor BOMB.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Rockman.

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013

Kid Fenris posted:

He's never played Bravoman, has he?

This was my first thought. I'd be super ok with Gitaroo Man though, even though that is a total pipe dream.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Schbibinman!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Gesundheit.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
I found this randomly on the internet today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bacEvGlYP30

Basically someone reimagined Paris-Dakar Rally Special! on a SFC shooter maker cartridge. It has a pretty good rendition of the title screen theme!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Japanese Phone Box posted:

I found this randomly on the internet today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bacEvGlYP30

Basically someone reimagined Paris-Dakar Rally Special! on a SFC shooter maker cartridge. It has a pretty good rendition of the title screen theme!

I don't know if that's brilliant or horrifying.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

Random Stranger posted:

I don't know if that's brilliant or horrifying.
My vote is brilliant. Now I just need to get this going on my Powerpak somehow...

cubeboy fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 16, 2014

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

Kakaricho posted:

Pulseman

wait

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

For the OP, the theme for "When I turned around, he was there" is YAH YAH YAH by CHAGE and ASKA

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Earlier tonight, I re-watched the Konami Wai-Wai World episode translated by TV-Nihon ages ago... I now appreciate SAGCCX and zari-gani for the English DVD set even more. They didn't do a bad job per se (they got the basic info down from what I can tell, so you know what's going on), but your guys' work is so much better and way more professional looking. :)

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I went to the DVD release event today. Similar stamp-collecting format, although each one came with a hint for a crossword puzzle that would spell out part of the answer to the question "Who's always late?" (Ino___ M__). Completing that would get you the Christmas/New Year's card, but that would also let you start the second round, where you had to figure out which Famicom cart was used to murder Kan. Answering that earned you his business card. I wanted to stick around for that but I had to run off to another event.

They also sold merch, and they even brought back the Hello Kitty Kachos. I bought one on impulse, but wouldn't mind letting it go for roughly at-cost ($40 USD after shipping) if anyone here was interested in it.

ben liftington
Jul 7, 2004

I'll take it if it's still available!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
...and if for some reason the previous poster is unable to, then I'll take it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

How many times has Kan been killed now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

leather fedora posted:

I went to the DVD release event today. Similar stamp-collecting format, although each one came with a hint for a crossword puzzle that would spell out part of the answer to the question "Who's always late?" (Ino___ M__). Completing that would get you the Christmas/New Year's card, but that would also let you start the second round, where you had to figure out which Famicom cart was used to murder Kan. Answering that earned you his business card. I wanted to stick around for that but I had to run off to another event.

They also sold merch, and they even brought back the Hello Kitty Kachos. I bought one on impulse, but wouldn't mind letting it go for roughly at-cost ($40 USD after shipping) if anyone here was interested in it.

I planned to go, but my flight into Tokyo got bumped back and I missed it. Maybe next year.