Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kakaricho posted:

I once saw a kid wearing a shirt that said "In times of peace, prepare for war!" on the front, and "America! gently caress!" on the back.
I have never been so tempted to ask a kid where she shops.

I saw a chick wearing a shirt that said "I'm a fat young American's blue shirt" except the struck-through part was more heavily scratched out. It was indeed blue, but it wasn't oversized or anything so maybe I'm missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

In the Japanese TV thread, I linked a few translated episodes of a show called Otona no Kiss Eigo. The second episode of that show has the host going around and finding people with English words/phrases on their clothing and having him translate them for the people. Some of those clothing articles are pretty amazing, as is their reaction when they find out what they've been wearing.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

In the Japanese TV thread, I linked a few translated episodes of a show called Otona no Kiss Eigo. The second episode of that show has the host going around and finding people with English words/phrases on their clothing and having him translate them for the people. Some of those clothing articles are pretty amazing, as is their reaction when they find out what they've been wearing.

I told my wife that a lot of English on clothes is wrong or strange, and sometimes point it out.
Now she gets paranoid and has me check then English on her shirts before wearing them.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 23, 2015

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kakaricho posted:

I told my wife that a lot of English on clothes is wrong or strange, and sometimes point it out.
Now she gets paranoid and has me check then English on her shirts before wearing them.

I would too, in her shoes (the shoes have I AM CARRYING SEVEN POUNDS OF COCAINE printed on them). I've seen a lot of neat designs that incorporate Chinese or Japanese, and I'm drat sure to run them past a fluent friend before I spend any money on them.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Today (July 23rd) is Urakawa's birthday.

@uratokawa

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHtU0LLqyAg

I was watching the raw of the live Mega Man 2 rechallenge and they open the event by riffing on Nakayama finding Arino behind the whiteboard.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
What's with the ending of Intelligent Qube? I really didn't understand much of it.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Japanese Phone Box posted:

What's with the ending of Intelligent Qube? I really didn't understand much of it.
I.Q 8 :smug:

...Nah, I don't think there's much to understand. Just some big important-sounding bullshit (in English--so fancy!) about the cubes being the building blocks of a world simulation, etc.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I liked the demo of I.Q. I played as a kid, but if I had actually bought the game and that was the ending, I would've been pretty pissed off.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

It's clearly just too pretentious and ultimately meaningless deep and intelligent for you.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean it's probably not easy to come up with a satisfying ending for a game where you run around on a floating platform getting crushed by cubes

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

most puzzle games in that vein don't even have any kind of ending...

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
If they had just gone with the normal romanization of "honki," this could've all been avoided...

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I just watched Ghosts n Goblins get demolished in SGDQ (20 minutes to do both runs) and all I could think of was "poor Arino".

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Arino once commented about seeing a SMB1 speedrun: "You can't enjoy the game like that!"

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I showed some Japanese schoolchildren the SMB1 TAS back in 2006. Many エエエエエエエエエエ's were uttered that day.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Wife was channel surfing. That came one, and I just lost it. Took 10 minutes until I could explain why.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Found the clip on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-goBK3CL3DE

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

There's more portions of the FNS 27 hour TV thing linked in various threads at https://www.reddit.com/r/JapaneseGameShows/

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

From the GCCX CH:

The most recent movie Kibe has seen in theaters was the GCCX movie. Prior to that, it was Taboo in 1999.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gohatto

Also, Abe is a massive fan of the Mad Max franchise, although the lack of Japanese cars in Fury Road was a let down. And the wind from seeing it in 4DX made him cold.

Out of the remaining eight topics, "Things that make you mad" and "Should we lift Inoue and Maezono's drinking ban?" have me the most interested.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!
Great job on the episodes. Quality unique content throughout. I played the demo back in the day, but also bought it because it's a pretty fun game. I still own it, and actually played it a little bit after I watched the RAW, and it still honestly holds up. Not to mention, that it's one of the more unique puzzle games.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Producer Kan wrote...
Thanks for that link. Iwata came off to me as a genuinely positive person, so it's good to see that it may be the truth.

Vlaphor posted:

I just watched Ghosts n Goblins get demolished in SGDQ (20 minutes to do both runs) and all I could think of was "poor Arino".
I was lucky enough to go in person this year being that it was in MN US. Although I wasn't lucky enough to watch that block of games, I kept thinking the same thing when they would speed run any of the games he played.

cubeboy fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 4, 2015

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Mystery game next week!

http://otn.fujitv.co.jp/gamecenter/index.html
Yamamura Misa Suspense - Kyouto Ryuu no Tera Satsujin Jiken

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Aug 6, 2015

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

Mystery game next week!

http://otn.fujitv.co.jp/gamecenter/index.html
Yamamura Misa Suspense - Kyouto Ryuu no Tera Satsujin Jiken

As I recall, that was part of a run of Famicom mystery games that were written by popular novelists.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

As I recall, that was part of a run of Famicom mystery games that were written by popular novelists.

Yes, this is the first in the "Yamamura Misa Suspense" trilogy. The second is "Kyouto Hana no Misshitsu Satsujin Jiken", then "Kyouto Zaiteku Satsujin Jiken".

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

GCCX Channel highlights:

- At the July 30th "Producer Hashiguchi Graduation Concert", Watanabe weighed 110.4kg.
- Former AD Ito is getting married in September.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's not directly GCCX-related but Hirai from American Zarigani is hosting a stream for Nintendo later tonight (~20:15 JST) that'll have some NND personalities and other people playing Wii U games and includes a Mario Maker challenge using the levels made by Arino: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv230327453

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I found a recent challenge of Arino's that I haven't seen before. It seems to be a driving game with immersive controls and super-realistic graphics...

Either that, or someone actually trusted this goofball behind the wheel of a $400,000 sports car.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Next to nerdy stuff, cars seems to be his biggest passion, so he's probably a competent driver who'd treat an expensive car well.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

I found a recent challenge of Arino's that I haven't seen before. It seems to be a driving game with immersive controls and super-realistic graphics...

Either that, or someone actually trusted this goofball behind the wheel of a $400,000 sports car.

Game Center CX - It's like Top Gear,

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

zari-gani posted:

Next to nerdy stuff, cars seems to be his biggest passion, so he's probably a competent driver who'd treat an expensive car well.

Wasn't one of his other shows about cars? I saw it mentioned WAY back in the thread.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mabels big day posted:

Game Center CX - It's like Top Gear,

Tonight on our star in an unreasonably priced car, KACHO

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Fooley posted:

Wasn't one of his other shows about cars? I saw it mentioned WAY back in the thread.

Yeah, I posted some screencaps and info a long time ago. It was a one-season show he hosted between seasons 1 and 2 of GCCX. He also guested on a different car show to talk about his past and present cars.

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
Is it the same show that Keiichi Tsuchiya appears on and harasses Race Queens with his pointer stick?

SquallStrife
Jan 20, 2009

"The Goon" by Metanaut.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

zari-gani posted:

Yeah, I posted some screencaps and info a long time ago. It was a one-season show he hosted between seasons 1 and 2 of GCCX. He also guested on a different car show to talk about his past and present cars.

There aren't any subs of that, are there?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Somehow I never watched the Lemmings 24-hour Compilation, and now I want a full episode of Tani and Toujima's summer of love :allears:.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

In the next episode, the protagonist is an animal. Any theories?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kakaricho posted:

In the next episode, the protagonist is an animal. Any theories?

That is an insanely wide net they are casting if it's not further narrowed down like what console it's on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If they're still doing PS1 games, Crash Bandicoot 2/3 could be fun