Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kakaricho posted:

You can talk about shoplifting in a store, but thay can't arrest you till you do it. Same principle I guess.
And even ripping DVDs you own is illegal. I'm waiting for when they make transferring recorded TV to a mobile device illegal too, that'll be a fun fight to watch.

Maybe if they make it illegal to charge a billion dollars for a DVD box set the problem will solve itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Lurdiak posted:

Maybe if they make it illegal to charge a billion dollars for a DVD box set the problem will solve itself.

That's just silly! How would they get their profits then?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

The yen is still quite weak, but them now and save.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Kakaricho posted:

It's more of a paradise. Cheap, you can drink on the train, in public, in a moving car ( just not the driver). If you get caught drunk, so long as you're not belligerent and nothing bad happens, there's no problem. Even St. Xavier noticed as much when he came to Japan

All of this is legal in Germany, too, and whenever I leave the country and find out I'm not allowed to drink a beer in public I feel like I've travelled into some sort of open air prison

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

The staff posts some short guest columns on the Nikkan Amusement site. Kan recently wrote about how to do 'location hunting' (nothing *really* new if you read the manga)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Can't decide between a dating sim challenge and a quiz game challenge? Well then how about both?

This chocolate and peanut butter combination, in the form of Quiz Nanairo Dreams, picks up immediately where Intelligent Qube left off. Will they finally find the limits of the PS1? Will Arino, or anyone, be happily married by the end of the challenge?

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=728020

univbee fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 30, 2015

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yaaaay

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I have to say, yes, we are well aware of the errors in the questions and answers. They're errors in the original game's questions that got copied into the show. Please check something more reputable, such as Wikipedia, before repeating anything learned from a PS1 trivia game as fact.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

I have to say, yes, we are well aware of the errors in the questions. They're errors in the original game's questions that got copied into the show. Please check something more reputable, such as Wikipedia, before repeating anything learned from a PS1 trivia game as fact.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Awesome, I managed to be off tomorrow so I dont have to wait to see it. Thanks as always.

Can someone explain the Aguirre joke?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Fooley posted:

I assumed it had to do with this guy and the allegations of match-fixing leveled against him. Or someone similar.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Fooley posted:

The only one I know is the Herzog film.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

I recently made a reference to this at a party full of nerds who all had been playing PC games for a while and loved LucasArts games.

But I was the only one who played Day of the Tentacle. And everyone thought I had a stroke or something.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

univbee posted:

Can't decide between a dating sim challenge and a quiz game challenge? Well then how about both?

This chocolate and peanut butter combination, in the form of Quiz Nanairo Dreams, picks up immediately where Intelligent Qube left off. Will they finally find the limits of the PS1? Will Arino, or anyone, be happily married by the end of the challenge?

When we were in Japan, my bro taught me "dagashi" as is used in this tamagee segment. He did this by being very critical of me when I wanted to buy some in Odaiba, because it's crap candy that only kids are dumb enough to buy :v:

Kirbychwan
Mar 19, 2009

Nuclear fusion causes confusion!
Woo, thanks for the release and your hard efforts, SA team!

Cemetry Gator posted:

I recently made a reference to this at a party full of nerds who all had been playing PC games for a while and loved LucasArts games.

But I was the only one who played Day of the Tentacle. And everyone thought I had a stroke or something.

People who love LucasArts games and DIDN'T play DotT? What is this? :colbert:

Kirbychwan fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 31, 2015

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for this excellent episode everyone.

The most interesting thing for me was actually someone wearing a sweater repping Kansas. I live in Kansas, and there is very little to rep here, especially on a Japanese show about video games.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

A huge thank you for your hard work! Quiz episodes are always fun so can't wait to see this one.

The staff interaction was really funny. I like AD Oosuka, he plays off Arino really well and he seems to have a blast being on camera.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 30, 2015

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Yesss, finally another quiz episode! Thanks team!

...I guess while I'm here I should also say that it took me a while to get around to actually watching the 2nd half of Intelligent Qube because honestly, I found the challenge boring. I know I'm in the minority on that, especially since I never played the game... I'm sure it's more fun to play than it is to watch. But seeing that the game doesn't really change from level to level, it wasn't interesting to watch for me... I wish they hadn't split it into a two-parter.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Shock Trooper posted:

...I guess while I'm here I should also say that it took me a while to get around to actually watching the 2nd half of Intelligent Qube because honestly, I found the challenge boring. I know I'm in the minority on that, especially since I never played the game... I'm sure it's more fun to play than it is to watch. But seeing that the game doesn't really change from level to level, it wasn't interesting to watch for me... I wish they hadn't split it into a two-parter.

This is usually why I skip fighting game episodes, but I think I like puzzle ones because he's generally better at them.

Also nice try Nakayama, we all know your real type.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Shock Trooper posted:

I'm with you there. IQ just didn't have enough going on and there wasn't any real tension.

But Quiz Nanairo Dreams was really good. Lots of just joking around and getting the staff involved. The pop questions for more credits were great, especially when some of the answers were right there to look at.

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 30, 2015

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Thanks so much for still knocking these translations out! The staff interaction was great- I know the quiz episodes are among the most work intensive but it's appreciated.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Thanks for another hilarious episode! Arino tackling Quiz games is my favorite.

What's up with the THIEF!! joke though? Seems like it's a reference to earlier season or something.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
What the hell happened to Nakayama? Did he finally hit puberty? Or a second, sexy puberty?

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013

univbee posted:

Great episode, and a game i wish had a translation, though i know why no one would never take that project on.

Still, lots of good staff interaction, as quiz episodes are known to have.

Also, Arino calling out Emoto for saying his wife when Arino totally pulled that joke during Tokimeki Memorial :colbert:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

gunstarheroes posted:

Great episode, and a game i wish had a translation, though i know why no one would never take that project on.

There's something to mention about the game: Saki, the earth defense force girl, has turned up in a some Capcom games since then. She's an assist character in Marvel vs. Capcom and is a playable character in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

gunstarheroes posted:

Also, Arino calling out Emoto for saying his wife when Arino totally pulled that joke during Tokimeki Memorial :colbert:

Emoto probably has the best chemistry with Arino out of the ADs. Tojima and INOKO Max are both close, but he was the right mix of skill and personality.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I always felt like Emoto was a bit too "normal" to be the best AD, he doesn't really have too many funny quirks for Arino to make fun of. But generally as an AD he's a really nice guy and I always enjoyed watching him.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I really do reckon it is nigh unto impossible for a quiz episode of this show to go wrong---something about them just always seems to work out between Arino and the AD's.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Makes sense. Arino gets to rely on his charisma more than his technical game ability.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I said it before but after watching the episode again I just love how into the whole thing AD Oosuka is. There's no shyness in him.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thanks for the new release, loved the interaction between Arino and the staff.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Wanted to wish a get well soon to Zari-Gani after her car accident

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Vlaphor posted:

Wanted to wish a get well soon to Zari-Gani after her car accident

There was a...

aww

Get better, please!!!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

She seems to be fine considering what could have happened, soft tissue damage and muscle ache after being rear-ended by a truck seems rather mild (but then again, I've never been in a car accident). It's on her Twitter if you want to read the whole story: https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl

Get well soon!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
She's probably dealing with whiplash now, which is not fun. Think about having a cramp, now imagine that cramp all over your body x 3.

Needless to say, it's not fun trying to move around.

Edit: Where are my manners? Get well soon, Nina!

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
Oh no! Hope you're feeling OK, zari-gani!!

Fun fact: My username is from the subs of the Adventure Island episode -- it's the name the translator (you?) gave the rocks that kept tripping up Arino. This thread made me sign up for SA and and my woefully uncreative self had recently watched that episode. Therefore: username. The end.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, that sucks. Get well soon indeed.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Get well soon, zari! I'll try to watch more GCCX (especially the English DVDs) in your honor! :)

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Nina, thanks for giving my husband your card, and I hope you recover nicely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Those crumple zones sure... crumpled! I'm glad everyone is relatively unharmed. Feel better soon, nina-gani.