Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Just ducking into the thread to say a HUGE thank you to Kakaricho for all his efforts (his wife too!) in getting a bottle of Johnnie Walker whisky to Arino. He really went way beyond what I expected and I'm super grateful. Hopefully Arino gets it soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrochiKiyo
Sep 9, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

Japanese "Let It Go" if anyone wants to listen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvj3-MZO9Tw

Aww, it's region locked. Time to find a proxy.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

OrochiKiyo posted:

Aww, it's region locked. Time to find a proxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZJinsDaGM0

Worked for me in US.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

This is a little late, but I've been out of town:

http://i.giphy.com/l2JI3zneTUQAYXvgY.gifv

e: I don't know how to make it display inline. :saddowns: But I guess it does spoil part of the Vietnam episode if you haven't seen it yet.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

zari-gani posted:

Without saying too much, I can confirm it is tough for them to justify making an overseas trip. It's hard enough to have the stars align so that everyone necessary can set aside time to go.

Oh, I'm sure. Just so long as they know about it, so at least the possibility can exist!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Cat Machine posted:

Just ducking into the thread to say a HUGE thank you to Kakaricho for all his efforts (his wife too!) in getting a bottle of Johnnie Walker whisky to Arino. He really went way beyond what I expected and I'm super grateful. Hopefully Arino gets it soon!

You're welcome!
I'm always glad to do what I can to help foreign fans interact with the show's staff and stars.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Cat Machine posted:

I got word from Ishida that it arrived safe and sound and will be handed over to Arino on Friday.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Feb 10, 2016

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

If you think my son winding up in hospital for three nights with bronchiolitis is going to slow me down...well, yeah, come on, I had to take time off work and everything, it was a hell of a week. So I had to put things on ice for a bit, but now we can release this episode in which Arino...puts things on ice.

Yes, that is an Arino blender. No, I don't know. But seriously, check out Arino challenging action-puzzle game Kickle Cubicle. Let's hope he clears it before dawn. :ohdear:

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=783512 EDIT: I'm on the torrent but I think nyaa is being a bit of a putz. Doing a Mega upload but it will take like an hour.

Translation by zari-gani
Timing by Random Stranger
Proofreading by hirayuki

univbee fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 10, 2016

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Can you extract the magnet link from your torrent client and post that here?

As always, thanks for all your hard work!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://magnet:?xt=urn:btih:67b9dac...6544%2fannounce

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Oh, sure. Post this after I leave for work. :argh: Just kidding. Thanks for all that you do. This game holds a special place in my heart.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

That's nothing, I'm posting this from work. :ninja:

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

univbee posted:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:67b9dacea4428713235ef0c33b82114e4f6183ee&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20149%20-%20Kickle%20Cubicle%20%5bSA-GCCX%5d.mp4&tr=http%3a%2f%2fopen.nyaatorrents.info%3a6544%2fannounce

Nyaa is up now as well, but looks like the BBcode url tag magles magnet scheme links. Fixed above.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Thanks! I love this show, the translators, and its staff.

How did Inoue go from AD Inoue to Inoko MAX?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

Thanks! I love this show, the translators, and its staff.

How did Inoue go from AD Inoue to Inoko MAX?

I think this happened in his very first episode, actually. Arino, trying to break the ice with the new AD, asked him what sports he played in high school (wrestling) and what his wrestling nickname was (Inoko MAX). It cracked Arino up and they pretty much went with it from there.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Is everything okay with your son?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yes, thank you. He's just a little loopy and mucus-y but is definitely on the mend, he's been home since Friday.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

univbee posted:

Yes, thank you. He's just a little loopy and mucus-y but is definitely on the mend, he's been home since Friday.

Good to hear. Thanks for all the work, and a speedy recovery to your son.

El-Bonko
Oct 9, 2012

univbee posted:

Tell him some guy on the internet says get well soon, and also that his dad (and zari-gani, Random Stranger and hirayuki) is a goddamn hero.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

A big thank you to the team for the recent releases!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Seriously, every time a new episode comes out, I go "YAAAAYYY". It's not even planned, just an automatic response to more GCCX. Thanks everyone.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I still haven't watched anything since the Mario Maker thing, but you guys are the best. Why is this episode so big though? Not that it really matters, I'm just curious since they usually hover around 700mb.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the release! Unfortunately Nyaa is down, so that Mega link would be appreciated.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nyaa worked for me just now, so if it's down it's down intermittently.

Thanks for the hard work and good health to your son!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Question, isn't it supposed be Arino that ate the AD's noodles at the restaurant?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MEGA Link! https://mega.nz/#!WYsFRA7D!kV9w0V1Ut58dB9mRHCs9QDt7UbUwRPeyE_1-aI8bPgo

Fooley posted:

Why is this episode so big though? Not that it really matters, I'm just curious since they usually hover around 700mb.

I think their signal was a tad dot-crawly for Kickle Cubicle which sucked up more bits. I have a few encoding profiles I use depending on the quality of the raw source we're working from, and ultimately for this encode I had a set mind about that filesize and did a slow, multi-pass encode to get the best possible quality within that filesize.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

RadicalR posted:

Question, isn't it supposed be Arino that ate the AD's noodles at the restaurant?

By AD, do you mean Kibe? Inoue finished his bowl for him.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Oh. I keep getting confused between all of them. :downs:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

univbee posted:

I don't live in France but might be able to source it, is there any other information about the crew (like what TV station/program crew)?

Apparently the segment on GCCX aired a few weeks after filming, they showed some clips of it during the episode, but no information on what channel, etc.
(Inoue and Takahashi acting out how to beat a boss with their shirts off was apparently the main focus.)

Fantastic episode all around.

- Arino instinctively saying "je t'aime" when he met the French camerawoman (and later regretting it, apparently she was pretty cold afterwards.)

- This eyecatcher

- Tons of staff harassment (this picture, and Arino tried to pants Inoue twice, once while the French crew was filming.

There was a pretty glaring editing mistake where they forgot to overlay the multiple clips of Arino losing over the background. Kan has since apologized on Twitter, saying they'll fix it before a rerun airs.

Edit - They also teased that maybe next time they go overseas, it'll be to England.

Edit 2 - Next episode is OOOO monogatari. I'm hoping for E.V.O.: Search for Eden.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 12, 2016

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Cat Machine, I got word from Kan that they bring you up in the episode they filmed today. I'm going to guess they gave Arino the whiskey on-camera or at least mention what you did.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Wow! If that indeed happens and is aired, maybe you could make a small clip/gif of it with translation on? Would be pretty sweet to see.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Ahhhhhh, how exciting :D

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Kakaricho posted:

Edit - They also teased that maybe next time they go overseas, it'll be to England.

!!!

Oh hot drat.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The most recent episode was filmed on Christmas Day, so we'll probably know come late March/April, depending on when the current season ends and season 20 begins..

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Congrats Cat Machine! You will be responsible for a middle aged Japanese man's drunken antics and perhaps for his boss to make an angry face at him on the air.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

The most recent episode was filmed on Christmas Day, so we'll probably know come late March/April, depending on when the current season ends and season 20 begins..

I think usually they have about a month delay on episodes as they do post-production, though obviously that varies a lot. For example, they probably took a month off after that episode for the New Year's break like they usually do. So there might only be one or two episodes shot between it and the most recent one.

Also, the next episode is almost sure to be Yume Penguin Monogatari just because they're not likely to do the SD Gundam games or an RPG (seeing a Megami Tensei game on GCCX would be weird).

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

I think usually they have about a month delay on episodes as they do post-production, though obviously that varies a lot. For example, they probably took a month off after that episode for the New Year's break like they usually do. So there might only be one or two episodes shot between it and the most recent one.

Also, the next episode is almost sure to be Yume Penguin Monogatari just because they're not likely to do the SD Gundam games or an RPG (seeing a Megami Tensei game on GCCX would be weird).

I like how the staff teases content on their Twitter. Now I have to know why Watanabe is back doing arcade visits, eating ice cream with Oosuka and Abe at 9 A.M.

I really want the next episode to be EVO, that game would give Arino a ton of material to work with.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Random Stranger posted:

Also, the next episode is almost sure to be Yume Penguin Monogatari

Let's hope not, it's a cute little game but absurdly easy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Yeah, but it has the kacho's two vilest nemeses: scrolling shooting stages, and birds (penguins)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Chows posted:

Let's hope not, it's a cute little game but absurdly easy

Working on an episode where Arino plays the same handful of stages for twelve hours straight has made me appreciate when things are easier for him.

As long as there's enough footage for the episode, of course.