Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

zari-gani posted:

No apology needed; everyone likes to be reminded how their work impacts others. My condolences. Keep looking forward in life -- I'll continue to help charity events that benefit sick people, whenever I can.

There is most likely going to be at least one streaming charity event in her name at some point if you are interested but I don't know when that will be happening yet. There are already some people streaming things from her unfinished list, I believe.

We're still picking out charities. Probably some type of cancer research and something for cats in animal shelters. if anyone knows good ones let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Okay, email me or something if you have more concrete details.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
So, uh, since you two are having this conversation here... what are you talking about? Someone who died recently?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, sorry. My girlfriend died of some hyper aggressive cancer Tuesday morning. I sent zari-gani some tweets thanking her as she had just gotten one of her recent tshirts like the day before she went back into the hospital and was very excited about it. It was a design based on the Opera from Final fantasy 6 which was one of her favorite moments in gaming. She liked a lot of her other shirts too and her GCCX work of course. I just wanted to thank her for bringing her a lot of happiness.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Well, as trite as it sounds, I'm sorry about your loss.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Me too. Thank you.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

Kakaricho posted:

Next challenge is Wurm: Journey to the Center of the Earth.
This episode was hilarious even without understanding most of the Japanese. Can't wait for this one to get translated.

It looks like Wurm already coined the phrase may the 4th be with you.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Man, I think it's time for me to watch the old episodes again. I'm starting to get the shakes.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

RadicalR posted:

Man, I think it's time for me to watch the old episodes again. I'm starting to get the shakes.

How about part 3 of the Pokemon special instead? Now with multiple "balls" jokes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y985DmzVb6U

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I can only watch RAW's of games I'm personally familiar with. If I don't know what they're doing it's really hard to follow in japanese only.

But as for RadicalR's comment, there's so many episodes that even though I tend to re-watch the same ones over and over again, there's always one I haven't seen in a while and can happily pop on some Arino when I feel like it.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I need episode 152 badly... gotta know what happens in that crazy candy store!

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

cubeboy posted:

I definitely plan to use the google translate app to get a "google best guess" translation that I'll have accompany the book. My 11 and 13 year old will be more inclined to read it if it's in English.
I finally got around to using Google Translate, but it definitely is hit or miss on a lot of it. Any chance that a translation of the book would ever become magically available?

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
Speaking of translations, any word on the status of any newly subbed episodes currently in the pipeline?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Maybe someone could sub the Seicross episode :angel:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

I was hoping to get more translating done over my summer vacation than I actually did, but I got banged-up pretty bad in an accident that limited what I could do.
Nothing horrific, but sure makes sitting in a chair for extended periods difficult. And now I have to go back to work...

That aside, I'll keep working on stuff when I can.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Yikes! I bid you the speediest of continuing recoveries Kakaricho.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

hell yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKAc4DtOrNs

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!
So... I know he battled with cat peach... but why? And why do they sound like Chipmunks?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

cubeboy posted:

So... I know he battled with cat peach... but why? And why do they sound like Chipmunks?

It's the Cat Mario show

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Cat Meowrio

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013
Any word on what the next episode is yet? Or are they on break?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
It was only a matter of time:

https://twitter.com/arikachopokemon/status/767669000373272576

Arino nicknamed his Koffing "Watanabe"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Boooooo. :mad:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Yeah, that was terrible.

It should have been Snorlax.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Tempura Wizard posted:

It was only a matter of time:

https://twitter.com/arikachopokemon/status/767669000373272576

Arino nicknamed his Koffing "Watanabe"

I believe she smokes/smoked at one point, that might be why.

It really should have been Snorlax.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Kakaricho posted:

I believe she smokes/smoked at one point, that might be why.

It really should have been Snorlax.

Maybe he'll use Giga Watanabe for that one?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Next challenge is Altered Beast.
The Shikoku special will air on CS sometime in October.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

Good times, good times!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Kakaricho posted:

I know it hasn't aged well and isn't really a great game to begin with, but as one of the few people who actually kinda likes Altered Beast, I can't wait for this. :)

Although, given that it's GCCX, it seems like he'll be doing the Genesis/Mega Drive version rather than the arcade version. That makes me a little sad since the arcade version's ending is pretty great compared to the GEN/MD version.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Regardless of what people think of Altered Beast, it's pretty short and not all that tough so it's not really the greatest pick for an episode, I feel.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It's not all that tough, no, but how much do you wanna bet Arino's gonna miss like three to five powerups every stage and have to loop around several times?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Obeast posted:

Although, given that it's GCCX, it seems like he'll be doing the Genesis/Mega Drive version rather than the arcade version.

By what I assume is sheer coincidence, the Mega Drive/Genesis DVD boxset goes on sale on September 2nd, one day after Altered Beast airs...

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
Could someone give me a direct download link (or anything, really) to the Splatterhouse special? I tried the torrent but it died at about 65% and the only other place I can find it is on Dailymotion, where it's super low quality and also skewed at a weird angle for some reason.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Simon The Digger posted:

Could someone give me a direct download link (or anything, really) to the Splatterhouse special? I tried the torrent but it died at about 65% and the only other place I can find it is on Dailymotion, where it's super low quality and also skewed at a weird angle for some reason.

I just checked and it is one of the NC episodes I have, so I downloaded the torrent and am currently seeding. Not sure how bad DM's video compression is, but the 133MB AVI in the torrent isn't great quality, either.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
Still holding out that they'll eventually play Shovel Knight now that it's out over there finally.

On a related topic, I played Groove Coaster 3 at a Round1 out here in the Chicago suburbs recently and was surprised to find stuff from the Crypt of the Necrodancer soundtrack (Spike Chunsoft of course localized it) and even some mashup thing with Danganronpa and Necrodancer.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

Tatsujin posted:

Still holding out that they'll eventually play Shovel Knight now that it's out over there finally.
I definitely agree. Shovel Knight is the only current gen game that I would watch and not judge that they are playing a current gen title. Hard enough to give him a challenge, but probably beatable in a two part challenge with Arino's dedication.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Super Meat Boy is another modern game I think the show could get away with. It's already cut from the same cloth, and the instant resets means that Arino could probably muddle through it pretty well.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I think Rayman Origins/Legends would be pretty good for GCCX. Despite the graphics, it's very old school in its gameplay.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I would just LOVE to see him try the original Rayman for the PS1 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
As long as I believe, I just know that someday they'll do 4p co-op of Crystal Chronicles with Arino, Toujima, Abe, and Watanabe