Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I like all the episodes where Arino is touring some city and talking to people. Thanks for translating them. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I just beat Cave Story+, and I think it'd be a great and different type of platformer for Arino to play. It also has secrets and a harsh ending to get through, but it's maybe a little short for 12 hours. Anyways, he should play that.

edit: Although it says I've played it for 13 hours. I can hope!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Really? Say it, it doesn't sound too weird. Ah-bay.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
If everyone was just forced to watch 2-3 subbed anime series we would fix so many of these problems...

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Awesome, there's another travelogue happening in Asia? I love it. Thanks for the new episode.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
"Better yet, make it an internet comedian" is an odd, unprecedented suggestion I think.

I loved the "den of thugs" :lol: Arino rules. Thank you SAGCX (however you abbreviate it) for these segments!

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 7, 2012

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I just watched one of the quiz episodes I skipped- the Sengoku period one- and it was great. Toujima's mastery of America TRANSPORT and Arino handing out treats to Abe and the other AD was so funny. Great episode. :)

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Thanks for the new episode SAGCCX :) Arino didn't seem to enjoy playing the game so much, but the in-between segments were among the all-time greats, imo.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
You learned that much Japanese just from watching these GCCX subs? That's cool. I think I know all of Arino's little catch phrases and exclamations, but that's it.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Yes, the horrors of VLC's incomprehensible interface (that happens to look exactly like Classic's) and its resource usage.

Gimme a break. No one cares about your tedious media player preference. Yes I took the time to make that image because of how dumb that post was.

vvv Maybe I'm a UI philistine

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 17, 2012

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I can't decide! Those both seem like great games, DKC moreso I would think, but everyone said the raw of Parappa was great too.

Ok, I vote DKC!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Hey, I think I want to buy some stuff, those pins definitely, but I'm gonna wait to email you until I see what all is there. I'll try to be prompt; how much time will you be around to buy stuff? Thank you for doing this. :)

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 21, 2012

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
If you look at Chococat's post history in this thread he posted some things in closeup before. There's a notebook, stickers, little hanging tag thingies, tea towel, and posters for the ambiguous stuff. That one shirt and the tea towel are awesome, but I think the pins are what I want most.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Got my beautiful sparkly pins today! Thanks Chococat.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I mean, there's still a ton of Super Famicom games he has yet to play, right? And I do so enjoy when he plays obscure and ridiculous NES/Famicom games like that Dakar Ralley one. There must be a lot more of those too.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Yaaay, Yoshi's Island. I would say differently if it were my city's team in the super bowl, but gently caress that bowl; GCCX beats it to bits.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Oh please. I'm just saying, I haven't noticed the typos, so it's not such an annoyance to everyone. Now in this current challenge, Arino doesn't seem to be super enamored with Yoshi's Island, and also it seems super long- with the amount of times they've had to summarize levels with "and he clears 4-2 with ease, and 4-3 as well." I think he's really suited for those old and archaic Famicom games, rather than "newer" SNES games. The battle with Bowser is coming up though and I'm sure that will be great. :)

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

I wanted to see Arino's reaction to turning into a submarine and poo poo.

I bet it's something like "Waaa- abunai!"

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I thought the second half of the Yoshi's Island challenge showed that it had some weird, difficult parts. Those were really fun to watch Arino struggle with, and the climactic Bowser fight was of course awesome. I loved the second half!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I don't want to jinx it but is this the end of these releases? You didn't indicate that it was, so holy poo poo if this continues.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
If Fuji TV thinks it can get more viewers (and maybe more revenue-none of us know how they are compensated) with streaming as opposed to DVDs, and they may be right considering their audience, then it sounds good to me. I hope they offer the full product, extra segments and all!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

bpc908 posted:

I still think it's going to apply the same as the DVDs where we won't have the extra segments.

Yeah, probably. Then I hope it's Netflix or free on Crunchyroll, or well I guess we'll see where it lands.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Wow cool! I love all the special segments you all find time to translate.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
That was a slick segment with some silly Kibe-Arino hijinks. Thanks for being so thorough, and it's crazy that you're almost fully caught up!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Wow, I'm surprised it's only been two years. I haven't been here from the start, but with all the success (77 episodes, making GCCX so popular, the America episode) I would have thought you'd been doing this for longer. Amazing!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
It most certainly is not Emoto, unless my eyes deceive me?. God, AzraelDarkheart. It's okay. Congrats on losing that avatar although it did make me laugh whenever I saw it.

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 16, 2013

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
It is really interesting how all this work has gotten you people these cool opportunities, when ordinarily something like this would be ignored by all the official channels. And just looking at the OP, it seems like sooo much work.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

This mysterious project you've been alluding to lately wouldn't happen to be a movie poster, would it?

God I want to be in the Gamecenter CX inner circle. It seems like such a fun show to make.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I love that Arino has been so reluctant to dodge or otherwise stop rapid firing during boss fights in 10 years, or probably more than 25 years or whenever he started playing games. This was the best type of game for a GCCX episode.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Xik posted:

You're welcome, glad to help in any way I can. The site is so loving good, especially the ability to filter episodes. System -> SNES = :love: It even has quality game screenshots so I can be even more superficial about my random episode watching.

I didn't know it had tags like that. Awesome.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Wow, yay. Thank you SAGCCX team!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
The game itself had highs and lows, but the segments were good.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
The Nosferatu episodes were a lot of fun, and it made me want to watch the Prince of Persia one again. Thanks for another release!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Chris Tallman for the last guest on Dead Authors' Pod was the best choice.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I didn't realize/remember a travel special was on the way. Sweet

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Phuzzy posted:

I was more making a joke about the J-List ad

Hehe

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Lol at Arino's taste in Mario levels. Good show.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I feel bad when the joke seems to go too far and be about criticizing her character (her personal character, not the TV "character") for being fat, but it's usually done with godo humor and she seems pretty jolly about it.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I support both reasoned discussions of the show we all enjoy as well as the novelty and thrill of a newly translated episode. A fine "arigato" to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I am good with the translators and other people that have been doing this being busy and successful. You've done a ton of episodes already. Thanks.