Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Nice. I was just saying to myself, I should get back on watching GCCX, here's the impetus. Thanks for the episode, everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

fantastic, I was just wondering about what I might watch when I'm done listening to this album.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Pentaro posted:

Was this encoded using a weird new codec or something? Trying to play it using MPCHC results in a black screen, but the audio seems to work okay... :(

I had the same problem, swapped to VLC and it played fine.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Fantastic! Thanks, team.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

zari-gani posted:

I'll take this opportunity to say we are working on many episodes!! I'm taking as much advantage as I can of this holiday downtime.

Thank you, team, for still being at this for so many years.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

nthing the absolute expectation that that was a real announcement and am now just bothered. not like you're going to get the chance unless the mysteries become an annual thing or whatever, but please never do that again.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I hopped on MAME and tried GP4, since I like qix but mostly just wrote off the knockoffs as not worth it... but holy dick, trying to get a 100% is brutal, the bosses are huge compared to qix itself, and you have to get the boss off the image entirely to land a 100% (which I did not before I ran out of time, which resets the stage)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

goddamn, the geese continue to deliver.

thanks, geese

theese

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

so is mark yazaki real, or is he the mavis beacon of the astrology set?

google's digging up a lot of copy-pasted citations about him pushing the additional-sign theory, but not any sort of information that makes him seem like an actual person

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

why would anyone want that, it's easily the worst thing in the show

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

hm.

that might have to be the first gccx I actively, intentionally skip

i tried one of the edf games and was so viscerally revolted by the insects that i had to refund it through steam in like ten minutes

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

honestly, I'm barely affected by bugs irl, and your better variety of bug, i just look at and go "oops, gotta step past you, have a good time eating a mosquito or something"

but the gigantic nature of the edf bugs and the way they moved (especially the ants; ants and roaches are the two that I'm least okay with irl) essentially made it like I was sticking my face right into an anthill, and that is what I could not abide

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

"""original""" league

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

yeah, I respect the geese and appreciate that they're doing great work, but I don't think they really post in here anymore

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i should still be seeding as well, I just started it up when it dropped and never turned it off, but sometimes torrents just don't connect right

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i am posting to remind myself that i am in for this when i get out of work and can more properly focus

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

as I only follow this thread, does anyone know of any recent releases that weren't posted here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rochallor posted:

This is amazing, a couple of screenshots:

TN: SAISEN means "rematch"

Speaking of things that are kilometers away...

IT'S LITERALLY WRITTEN IN ENGLISH ON THE SCREEN AND YOU STILL GOT IT WRONG

The weird thing is, GCCX is actually probably a pretty good test case for AI translation, in that it uses a lot of the same phrases over and over. And in general, the translation is... not exceedingly wrong most of the time. But just like any machine translation it fucks up completely when it reaches even a slightly unusual phrase or a joke.

who of anyone even remotely thinks this is a good idea

please tell me they're getting roasted off the internet for it