Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
Hi,

I registered here ages ago but this may be my first post.
Can you help me by listing off the Nintendo DS/3DS games that were on the show? Not just as Challenges... but even ones that are mentioned on the show, featured or ones that Arino has said he plays himself on his own time.

I believe he played Dragonquest for the DS and some Pokemon games right?

I am looking to begin a collection of them and figured there was no other place where people would know.
Thanks in advance,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
Hey RandomStranger, thanks for that list!
You mention a book that I am not familiar with, is it possible that you could show me this thing?

Thanks,

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012

xamphear posted:

Also, a note on posting style: Stop writing your posts like emails with a salutation and then signing them at the bottom. Just write what you want to say, and quote someone's post if you're replying to something they said.

Thanks for that link xamphear. Most of my communication online these days is corporate so it ends up like this now lol

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
I came across a "10th Anniversary Press Conference" on Youtube and was wondering who had translated it and where I could download this in it's original form, non-youtube, form.

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
@ McLaglen, Xik
Thanks a lot for the info and video link.

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
How would you name the Budokan Special?

The raws and sa-gccx.com list it as episode #172 and part of season 17
Some places, including the sa gccx team, have just named it as a "special" without the episode #

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

There was the extended special that aired and we translated and then there was episode 172 which was the documentary, like the Lemmings 24 hour documentary.

Thanks a lot for the clarification. I will update the file name that I use for it.

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Is there anywhere that runs a 24/7 stream of GCCX? I haven't been able to find the one they put on InstaSynch after SynchTube went down, so I assume it was removed.

yes, i'm aware of one that has been up for some time. its on a site that is owned by google now however. am I permitted to post the link here?

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
yeah ur right, its not 24/7

http://www.justin.tv/hawk7713

Its owned by google which means it will likely get shutdown

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
there is a strange file floating around concerning the Kotaku Ninja Gaiden translated episode: it is being listed as a "DVD Vol 5 Extra" - Is this accurate? From what DVD is this?

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012

rdbbb posted:

The NG Director's Cut was originally from Box 3, not 5.

thanks a lot! i'm glad to know that its actually real at least. thanks!

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
on the topic of buying GCCX stuff:
i got the english DVD but I also got the music CD for the show as I can enjoy that without knowing the japanese language. the 2nd DS game can be purchased and used with the translation patch now too. I would love to get my hands on the chief's outfit for use at conventions down the line and would LOVE to get my hands on the arino figurine.

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012
Howdy y'all. I am currently digging through my library and I have a copy of Ninja Gaiden 1 "Director's Cut" here here that appears to be from the Kotaku broadcast (.FLV) and I also have the English Retro Game Master DVD and both copies appear to be of similar runtime/length.

Is it called the Director's Cut anywhere else other than on Kotaku's version or the Japanese DVD 3 and are there any differences between this and the one on the English Retro Game Master DVD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proxycell
Jul 7, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

The Retro Game Master release used the Japanese DVD versions of episodes rather than the broadcast version. And in the DVD sets there's usually one or two challenges that are extended with more playing footage. These are labeled "director's cut" and that's what you're finding. The broadcast version cut out a lot of little things.

Thanks a lot Random Stranger. This helps me in naming them now.