Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
The only thing the OP is missing is the fact that no one can agree on what the voice says before the themesong plays. :colbert:

But once again: Thank you for bringing me this show. Every time I watch it I'm filled with warm childhood memories of sitting next to my brother and watching him play Nintendo games. Except my brother was better than Arino. Hell, my four year old nephews are better than Arino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Alpha3KV posted:

One of my favorite things about this show (or at least the translated episodes I've seen) is how Arino just will not learn his lesson about celebrating too early. Seeing his excitement quickly turn into disappointment or sometimes even panic always gets me.

One day he'll remember that end bosses always have multiple forms.

One day.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Random Stranger posted:

There's a real hazard in working on the show where you'll get the game tunes stuck in your head. You listen to the same fifteen second clip of music over and over and over and you just can't get rid of it.

This episode has been a really bad one for that too. I'm going to be hearing that song in my head for weeks.

I've decided to marathon GCCX in alphabetical order while I work on Christmas presents. Which meant starting on the 53 stations episode.

Teeeeeeen miles! Eiiiiiiight miles! :iamafag:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Linnear posted:

...I ...I really want to try that cartoon meat. It was my dream, as a child. Eventually I grew up, as all children must, and settled for steak, but the dream never really went away.

Although it does look a little too easy to bite into. I think one should struggle with it a little more, really sink their teeth in and wrest the meat from the bone.

Oh God, I want it too. :(

Does anyone have a good picture of it? I need to show people that cartoon meat is totally real and contains cheese.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Bocc Kob posted:

Some of us had a Genesis instead of an SNES when we were kids. :argh:

Some of us were smart enough to figure out a "I stick with Nintendo, you stick with SEGA" deal with their cousins so they got the best of both worlds. :colbert:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

SNOT CORN posted:

I had a SEGA Saturn and that's how we all felt :(

Hey, I had a Saturn and it was awesome!

I also got it a few years after it 'died'

For $40. Including a game, second controller, and memory card

So how about that Game Center CX?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I've finally finished knitting my Christmas gifts, and I've finally 100% caught up on GCCX. I hope this doesn't have any long lasting effects on my sanity/game skills. :ohdear:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Random Stranger posted:

First, they didn't mention anything on kotaku.com itself until the day before the event. That week they also skipped that week's episode of Retro Game Master. Afterward they reposted some information on the event from other people who actually went to it.

You'd think of all people they'd be the ones to translate it! :psyduck:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I hope I don't sound stupid, but I downloaded the Kato and Ken episode but it wasn't subtitled. What did I do wrong? :ohdear:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Gutcruncher posted:

What media player are you using? Sometimes I have issues with soft-subbed videos unless I use VLC or something.

I'm using VLC.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Silentman0 posted:

gently caress yeah Takeshi's Castle!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvIybNaWKjg

I miss MXC so much. :smith:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Allen Wren posted:

You think they announced the loss of rights early so as to try and drum up more views to take back as an excuse to extend the rights? Or is that too grassy knoll?

That's assuming Kotaku cares about something that isn't an underaged anime girl.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Corridor posted:

At least he's not sensually fondling the penis-lamp anymore. :stare:

That lamp leads to so many questions. Was it already at the office? Did someone buy it as a joke for that segment? Did someone own one and said "Hey guys, you have GOT to use my lamp for this segment!" Was it Arino?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Wasn't Robocop part of the USA special?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Ledneh posted:

Can I note at this point that we all have tens of gigabytes on our disks dedicated to watching a middle-age Japanese dude play old video games? :v:

(Not that this is a bad thing, mind, that Bomberman episode ruled)

I bought a 32gig usb flash drive just to store GCCX episodes on. If I had the money I would have gotten a larger storage device. :ohdear:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
The train one!

Because seriously, look at that hat!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I want to step in a second and ask: Is the game list/torrent links in the OP all up to date? I fell behind on episodes right after Christmas and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Holy poo poo I want an Arino crane game doll thing :stare:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Egregious posted:

I don't know what to make of the fact that The Gourmet quiz game piqued my interest a thousand times more than Genpei did.

Same here.

That and the game about the Sickle Weasel Murder.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Kerfuffle posted:

I didn't know cooling pads were even a thing. I mean I knew about body heating/cooling pads for muscle aches, but not ones specifically for your head. They seem useful for anything that requires long hours though.

I've seen them marketed to help children with fevers.

I...have been tempted to buy them. I won't lie.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Corridor posted:

Well now I wish I had siblings who could give me a niece/nephew. :smith:

I won't lie, they're pretty awesome. Though even at such a young age my three year old nephews have realized how hard I suck at most video games. :ohdear:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I showed my brother Game Center CX and he didn't like it at all. His only comment was "I can't watch this! He's so BAD at these games!"

I don't think he got it. :(

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Mister Chief posted:

Is there any reason why those characters would seem familiar to me?

The green one looks really familiar for some reason. :stare:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

zari-gani posted:

Maybe because of "Megapin"? http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/09/17/behold-megapin/

Or a Killers music video...

It was the Killers video. One short term mystery solved! :toot:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I hear "Replacing Broadcast". Like if it's a hacker replacing the normal broadcast! :v:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I always loved This Chrono Trigger TAS, since it also doubles as a short film about the dangers of time travel.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
So I've fallen behind on watching GCCX. Really behind. Does anyone have a list of what episodes have been translated since January?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

GidgetNomates posted:

welp, i think it's time we marry

I got dibs on Abe. A biker chef? I'm fine with that. :colbert: