Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
drkhrs2020
Jul 22, 2007

Morby posted:

Let me go ahead and get my bias out of the way and say that my mom is a social worker and has dealt with CPS (or DFACs as we call it in GA) for most of her career. Generally speaking, CPS is pretty reluctant to swoop in and take children from their parents right away. In fact, the state is reluctant to do so and will bend over backwards and give hte parents multiple chances to prove themselves worthy of retaining custody. That CPS saw the condition of your home and immediately took your kids gives me pause, especially since this was your second run in with them.

Depends on the state. Some places are notorious for their CPS systems. I think in Kentucky there was a case recently where they required the parents to pay a $500 filing fee or some other prohibitive barrier to resolving a custody issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU