Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
What can an individual do to prepare for this disaster? I'm seventeen and this thread has me scared shitless. I keep imagining a narrative of going broke at 60, social security wiped out and being unable to afford food because I can't keep up with my health insurance. I know not to have kids. I guess the easy answer for mitigating your own misery is to get rich?

I'm sorry if this isn't an appropriate question for this thread. It's just such a heavy situation to take in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
The phillipines video is incredibly touching and I just posted it to facebook pleading with everyone to watch it. I doubt more than a few of my close friends will.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
never mind.

a dog from hell fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 12, 2012

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
My job is canvassing for a non-profit environmental organization and the apathy people show even toward problems that are solvable is more than a little horrifying. The people in the US will never change, plenty of them think our national parks should be privatized and drilled full of holes if it brings down gas prices, and I don't even live in the south anymore.

You all already realize this but this country isn't giving up fossil fuels until we're personally devastated, and that might take a long time. I thought if you laid out facts people could at least manage some sympathy towards this profit-at-all-costs if it were in their backyard and at no personal cost to them, but that isn't so for the majority. Most people don't deserve what's coming, but these fuckers deserve nature's wrath.

• Locked thread