Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Secret Sweater posted:

The team deathmatch districts are freakin awesome. Exactly what I wanted.

Log on, :black101:, log off.

I am already having trouble remembering the huge amount of fun I had playing there yesterday. Several hours of total poo poo now. Nothing but idiot team mates and a couple of really annoying hackers on the other team. That and the spawns are hosed up and keep dumping the entire team in the furthest corner of the map, which can easily be camped by snipers.

I think all the new players who found the game through steam are rolling crims, which is what I play on. I should dust off my enforcer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Yeah I'm still in Sov, ack!.

Meis, I think you're correct. I don't think I lost a single mission on fight club and my longest streak I saw before server switches was 14 wins in a row. Sucks for newbs/vet crims. Funny as hell for enforcers.

Gaudia
Nov 4, 2011
So I never played this when it was originally released. Got it just now and been playing it for like 3 hours. loving love it. Running around in my underwear since I can't be bothered figuring out how to put on new clothes.

I'm Broski on the Patriot server. And I'm terrible at this game.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

How do you change clothes? The game doesn't adequately explain how to do that and I have to log in to view the knowledge base, except I can't do that because the log in button is disabled.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Beef Assistant posted:

How do you change clothes? The game doesn't adequately explain how to do that and I have to log in to view the knowledge base, except I can't do that because the log in button is disabled.

To make/change outfits go to social district and use a purple wardrobe kiosk.

To change outfits in Waterfront/Financial go to an ammo vending machine and press I.

Mike88511
Aug 12, 2008

An Unoriginal Name posted:

Steam login appears to be working now. Just did it with my account.

Haven't encountered anything that would be the definition of a memory leak but I'm 64-bit so it's never been an issue for me. Cheaters are still an issue but they have gotten way better about it, there's still an odd few who are bad at toggling and will try to shoot you through a wall before they turn the corner. Developers and in-game moderators seem to be a lot more active now and are actively handling cheaters.

Give it a try and join the clan!

Will do. Thanks for the heads up, probably was just my rig that was causing the memory leaks I suppose.

Nate Breakman
Oct 16, 2003
I only found out yesterday from someone at work that this game became free to play. I was really following it before it came out, but the reviews kept me from spending any money. What a solution!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Oh man, I remember playing this in beta & release. The drama surrounding this game was unbelievable. I'm in as HomelessFriend. Have they balanced out weapons any or is the ak (or whatever the gently caress its called) still king?

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Homeless Friend posted:

Oh man, I remember playing this in beta & release. The drama surrounding this game was unbelievable. I'm in as HomelessFriend. Have they balanced out weapons any or is the ak (or whatever the gently caress its called) still king?

weapons are actually quite balanced. There are a few turds, but there is no 'dominates everyting' gun.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

Homeless Friend posted:

No, the NTEC is no longer a railgun. Base model weapons now stand a chance against modified weapons but the modifications still provide an upside. Nothing dumb or silly like Savage 3 though.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Joker Carbine is pretty broken, but other than that they're pretty good.

Poopship Destroyer
Jan 29, 2008
Been playing for a few hours now and you are right about dying A LOT. Still, pretty hilarious vehicle physics. I'm in as CatfishJohnson (enforcer) on Joker.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
Surprised this isn't generating more attention what with Steam front paging it and all. I am in and have no idea what I am doing really. How do I change my wardrobe for one? I picked the different slots and umm nothing happens I am either nekkid or in my starting T-shirt. Running around some connex hell deathmatch thing a few times cappin fools.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

mythadile posted:

Surprised this isn't generating more attention what with Steam front paging it and all. I am in and have no idea what I am doing really. How do I change my wardrobe for one? I picked the different slots and umm nothing happens I am either nekkid or in my starting T-shirt. Running around some connex hell deathmatch thing a few times cappin fools.

You design outfits at the purple wardrobe kiosks in Social district.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
deja vu.

If you're just starting out I suggest using the OCA. Get in close to someone and put your cursor over their body. Extremely easy to do and very effective.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
I'm not doing to bad with the starting rifle just played a couple co-op missions in financial I think and we won. No one else was using voice but they def heard me when I was saying stuff. I am an enforcer on Joker if anyone else want's to do epic poo poo.

Purple kiosks got it thanks!

mythadile fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 8, 2011

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

mythadile posted:

I'm not doing to bad with the starting rifle just played a couple co-op missions in financial I think and we won. No one else was using voice but they def heard me when I was saying stuff. I am an enforcer on Joker if anyone else want's to do epic poo poo.

Purple kiosks got it thanks!

We would need to know your player name.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

less than three posted:

We would need to know your player name.

wiggl3

I'll prolly be back on after Modern Family :lol:

Nate Breakman
Oct 16, 2003
I'm in there as Qwil if someone wants to email me in-game or whatever's involved.

I need to spend some time ironing out a good control scheme, but otherwise I'm really happy with this game! The customisation is every bit as good as I'd hoped, and I haven't really played anything quite like this, it's sort of like spontaneous games of tag or something.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007
I remember why I stopped playing now, after a certain patch I just could not play longer than 30 minutes, always just seems to freeze after that amount of time, no error or anything.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

PhantomZero posted:

I remember why I stopped playing now, after a certain patch I just could not play longer than 30 minutes, always just seems to freeze after that amount of time, no error or anything.

Mind telling us about your system's specs?

A Fantastic Robot
Nov 2, 2010
I'm in as SpaceJace. (Enforcer on Joker)

What's the fastest way to unlock new gear? I've been playing all day and I haven't unlocked much more than the basic starter stuff. Is it just a matter of winning alot?

A Fantastic Robot fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Dec 8, 2011

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

red state bait fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 27, 2015

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

Toastertron posted:

Pubbies can't handle my pro griefing :smug:

Please refrain to do.
:smug::respek::cop:

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

Toastertron posted:

Pubbies can't handle my pro griefing :smug:

What does a man have to do to get one of these?

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

Captain Swing posted:

What does a man have to do to get one of these?

Step 1: Buy a Nulander Pioneer
Step 2: Pin criminal cars while they freak out on their mic.
Step 3: :smug:
Step 4: Receive GM warning

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

I still think it was that pubbie who kept bitching in district, who we then TK'd over and over when we got teamed up with them. If Demon gets one too we'll know for sure.

TerminalSaint fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 8, 2011

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

In as Vadun on Joker. Pretty fun game

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
Forever mission

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/237156-immediate-assistance/

Fun buggy game. A dumptruck hit one of the drop off vans and it got stuck inside of a wall under the world.

mpyro fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Dec 8, 2011

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Great, my old release character still exists, with tons and tons of symbols and layers.

Edit: drat, she's a Crim character, oh well.

Argas fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Dec 8, 2011

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I hope my old character is still there.

My name is Josephfriday in game, I'm on Joker.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Dec 8, 2011

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

How are you guys logging in with your old accounts? It keeps telling me mine doesn't exist.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

What a Judas posted:

How are you guys logging in with your old accounts? It keeps telling me mine doesn't exist.

It may be only people who created accounts after the game went F2P, i.e. a gamersfirst account. I fired it up, it patched, and it then integrated the game with steam.

e: It might just be me but there's something wrong with the Star 556. It's actually killing motherfuckers left and right. Oh, and how do I do things like increase my rank as Cop? I'm rank 41 something and I don't know what the gently caress it is, but it ain't Cop.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 8, 2011

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Slightly annoying that I can't seem to link my gamerfirst account with my steam account as I switched over to using the client via steam instead and now it wants to try to log in via my steam account and failing every time I boot up the game.
Checking the forums it's supposed to work somehow but I can't seem to find an explanation on how to link them.

Edit: Oh nvm, now it worked for some reason. But now the steam overlay is bugging out. :v:

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 8, 2011

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

The Entire Universe posted:

It may be only people who created accounts after the game went F2P, i.e. a gamersfirst account. I fired it up, it patched, and it then integrated the game with steam.

e: It might just be me but there's something wrong with the Star 556. It's actually killing motherfuckers left and right. Oh, and how do I do things like increase my rank as Cop? I'm rank 41 something and I don't know what the gently caress it is, but it ain't Cop.

Oh..so all accounts from the old APB are unavailable, then. So sad.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

What a Judas posted:

Oh..so all accounts from the old APB are unavailable, then. So sad.

You need to go here: http://www.gamersfirst.com/login.php

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Are there any tweaks to reduce the loading times? It takes like two minutes to switch districts.

edit: Also is there any way to disable the bloom because even unchecked it is loving terrible.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

Daztek posted:

You need to go here: http://www.gamersfirst.com/login.php

I had an account from before GamersFirst took control of it. I've tried logging in, it doesn't work.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

What a Judas posted:

I had an account from before GamersFirst took control of it. I've tried logging in, it doesn't work.

Are you trying to log in to the game directly with your old account? Because that doesn't work.

If you go to my link it'll ask you to log in with your GamersFirst account, then you'll have to type in your old account info. After that you'll get the option to recover/migrate your old characters.

E: I broke the link, it's here~ http://www.gamersfirst.com/apb-claim-character/index.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

The Entire Universe posted:

e: It might just be me but there's something wrong with the Star 556. It's actually killing cuss left and right. Oh, and how do I do things like increase my rank as Cop? I'm rank 41 something and I don't know what the cuss it is, but it ain't Cop.

The Star does well depending on the operator so consider yourself an OK one.

For cop role, it increases with arrests for those who don't know.
To arrest you have to stun a crim and go up to them, click 'use' and then you cuff them. To stun you must use LTL (Less Than Lethal) weaps. They're listed under "crowd control" in the weapons menu. There's a few secondary LTL guns, too. I think after cop 4 you get stun grenades which are amazing.

It's a tremendous way to get rage quits, tears, and hackusations from your opposition. Here's a friends video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw6nFnrucZY

• Locked thread