Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

I made horns.aiff but it doesn't really work without horns :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
is there a way to completely disable songs made by players. I really don't like having to listen to the same 5 minute grief theme in the fight club dists for entire rounds at a time.

I don't care if I can't hear 5 second themes ever again, including my own.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Secret Sweater posted:

is there a way to completely disable songs made by players. I really don't like having to listen to the same 5 minute grief theme in the fight club dists for entire rounds at a time.

Put them on ignore and report them and they will be banned.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

^curse you!

Secret Sweater posted:

You could put the person on ignore so you don't hear their theme. Also report them for it if possible, that glitch was supposed to be fixed months ago.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

MrLonghair posted:

If I was a billionaire I'd have the APB hackers tracked down and offed, even little Jimmy who used his mothers credit card, because the game is that good when they're not around.

I don't think I've encountered any hackers (yet) apart from a guy who I'm fairly certain shot me around a corner, but I could really do without the type of player I just learned about yesterday, the "Crim Farmer". Apparently, since it's so easy to farm money and prestige or whatever by robbing and mugging, Criminals exploit the "in mission" status to give themselves immunity to being witnessed. What that means for people actually trying to do the drat missions is that they end up having to either hunt the bastards down on the huge map or just wait until the mission time's up.

gently caress those boring assholes... that pretty much made me never want to be a Criminal in this game, because anybody I teamed up with would be running around doing menial poo poo instead of whatever mission we're supposed to be on.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Tewratomeh posted:

I don't think I've encountered any hackers (yet) apart from a guy

Life on a European server is 80% Russian players with a majority of them hacking, and the rest being really pissed off at how bad an image they are giving gamers and people from their country. I play late evenings, nights and mornings so I'm on prime time for these things.

These wonderful mission streaks with no hacker filth are rare but they make up for it.

(And during those missions I can actually hear all enemy footsteps, new exploit I figure)

Fauntleroy
May 8, 2007

I am a song!

Asa_Shoryu posted:

do crims still rage and start sending you angry pm's after being hit with LTL?

The thing about LTL weapons is that it's not only humiliating, but it can potentially triple your effective respawn time. There's a timer before you can be unstunned, a timer after you are arressted, and then the normal respawn time after that.

A good enforcer knows to keep those times going as long as possible, and that's why it can be especially frustrating to whiny crybaby crims.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Free niche-game MMOs: The constant struggle to deal gracefully with bush-league bullshit that the devs are helpless about.

Although you guys weren't kidding about the learning curve, I have been APBing my rear end off since last week and I just got to the point of clowning on new players. I think hand grenades are the cat's pajamas.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

LTL is amazing, too, when your uneducated opposition goes to save their arrested teammate and you get to nab them, too.

So, I found a relatively quick way to make cash for an enforcer (I'm sure you've all done). It's been helpful for new friends starting out. If you have a 2nd pc or a friend with a crim character, they can nab the armored truck in waterfront by the boat and take it to the impound by Stu Phoenix for the Enf to drop. Takes 1m 20s before you can drop it again. Made about 50k in 30 minutes if all goes well (with premium) but it's also a super dorky thing to do with ones time.

Hit p5, speed down to the evidence vault and double your loot. No witnessing involved unless you have cash on your crim.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

What did they change with the OCA Whisper? It melts people so bad it's like the BF3 beta where sprinting resulted in bullets dealing ten times the damage.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Secret Sweater posted:

I deleted the folder with the instruments for the sounds. Have not had to hear a death theme in a long time.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
^^^ Thanks for the tip I'll try that

Great Beer posted:

You could put the person on ignore so you don't hear their theme. Also report them for it if possible, that glitch was supposed to be fixed months ago.

It's not themes. In fight club you can take the DJ booth in the middle and play your lovely grief song at ear shattering volume. If ignore works for this, it's still kind of a crappy solution since I have to walk in to my death to go see who is operating the DJ Booth.

Secret Sweater fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 12, 2011

Asa_Shoryu
Dec 11, 2011

Fauntleroy posted:

The thing about LTL weapons is that it's not only humiliating, but it can potentially triple your effective respawn time. There's a timer before you can be unstunned, a timer after you are arressted, and then the normal respawn time after that.

A good enforcer knows to keep those times going as long as possible, and that's why it can be especially frustrating to whiny crybaby crims.

very true, and its so much fun too. as well as since i did restart playing they have fixed alot of the problems from before. which is very nice, plus added new content which is always nice.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Basically just started playing this, seems pretty interesting so far. Im on Patriot as BashOut, I don't know how it works but if someone is able to invite me to SomethingLawful on it that would be great.

One question, i've been eyeing up certain items in shops, and they're locked until I get to a certain level with an npc, yet I can't find the npc I want in any district, what's up with that?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

NaDy posted:

One question, i've been eyeing up certain items in shops, and they're locked until I get to a certain level with an npc, yet I can't find the npc I want in any district, what's up with that?

When you max one NPC, they'll unlock the next NPC in some sort of sequence for you.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
I will post the progression charts when I get home (If someone doesn't beat me to it.)

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Aah I thought it would be something like that. Dammit I want that webbing vest now!

I'm so vain.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Progressions:
http://apb.niipazzo.com/Home/Progression

Lots of good info on that site, too.

You can view your status with them and their unlocks in the character menu (j I believe). You can click there to pledge to them, do so in person, or double click them on the map.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Im trying this out and thus far Im really bad at it. On joker as AirborneNinja if any goons still play this.

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

For those of you on the Enforcer side on the Joker server, I require entertainment. I oft like to make themes of pretty much whatever you want and am out of ideas. If there is a theme you would like to see, but either hate the current versions of it or it doesn't yet exist, give me the name, a link to the track in Youtube/whatever and the 3-4 seconds you want for a theme and your in-game name.

The rules are I have to think I can make it not sound like poo poo, and that I have to want to make it and I'm prone to not doing anything for several days, but if I get around to it, I'll mail you a copy of whatever I come up with and you can do with it what you want.

If you want to see my current work, you can look my auctions up under the name 'Alforno' and find a few tracks that I put up. Some I did because I liked the song. Some I did because the market demand for them nets me mad cash (Nyan Cat...).

Oh man, if you could make this I'd really appreciate it. Just the little intro riff would be great.

Just started playing as Bunk on the Enforcer side. Are there any suspenders in the game? I could really use some.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

So I made a new dude on Joker. Did the tutorial missions, and then was looking around to see what that first contact dude had for clothing options. Decided I didn't want to buy any of what was available to me, left the menu, and now I'm naked for some reason.

Welp.

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

CmdrSmirnoff posted:

Oh man, if you could make this I'd really appreciate it. Just the little intro riff would be great.

Just started playing as Bunk on the Enforcer side. Are there any suspenders in the game? I could really use some.

There are no suspenders. There are only webbing vests and holsters, but you can make your own by "painting" them on your poo poo with decals.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:
Since I only got a single mail about this so far I figured I'll quote it to bring attention to it again:

An Unoriginal Name posted:

I've decided after doing it for one person that I'll be generous and do it for a couple other newbies. If you're just starting out and want a tiny leg up in cash, place any item on the marketplace for 10k (no more than that, please) and send an in-game mail message to NicholasAngel. I will buy your item and you should get 8k out of it, enough to pay for a few weapon leases and ammo, or new clothes.

Joker East only.

EDIT: I am also giving out free police hats, default black color for male enforcer characters, just let me know in a mail if you want one.

Money is a must-have in this game and is hard to come by at first, especially without premium, so please take up my offer if you want! Also I should add that you should set the auction to 24 hours in the event that I can't be online for an entire day.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

MrLonghair posted:

What did they change with the OCA Whisper? It melts people so bad it's like the BF3 beta where sprinting resulted in bullets dealing ten times the damage.

It's pretty much the same as the regular OCA, though the spread is slightly less. I think it's mostly because it doesn't show up on the map or make much sound so people don't react as quickly.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Is there anyway to import a bunch of preset symbols or do you have to make all the things you want?

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

Goofballs posted:

Is there anyway to import a bunch of preset symbols or do you have to make all the things you want?

You have to make everything you want, or buy it from the market. You can't edit designs you buy from the market so keep that in mind if you do.

A Fantastic Robot
Nov 2, 2010
I am such a bad driver. :(

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Want to get your adrenaline going?
Want to feel good?
But not by using LTL?

Get a HVR and go close combat quickscoping/noscoping. Pays off when you pull it off.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

An Unoriginal Name posted:

You have to make everything you want, or buy it from the market. You can't edit designs you buy from the market so keep that in mind if you do.

poo poo, oh well. Its been a blast once you get past the brutal start. The name I have in game is pandapower and I am playing on the east coast server. See you all in game sometime.

Nacho
Oct 26, 2010
In as Nacho117214 on Joker. Been playing a little bit, but I still seem to suck.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

MrLonghair posted:

Get a HVR and go close combat quickscoping/noscoping. Pays off when you pull it off.

This is an awful idea. Pay no attention to this moron.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Just don't try doing it against Whisper users, and do have someone hit them with a shot from anything beforehand so it's instagib-time :v:
Took out a SPAS spaz twice all on my own though!

Wish I had like a single hackusation to show for it. Maybe they did give me some, I don't know how to read Russian.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

MrLonghair posted:

Want to get your adrenaline going?
Want to feel good?
But not by using LTL?

Uh I'm sorry I wasn't aware I was playing Call of Duty. What I'm trying to say here is no. I will not try your terrible idea.

flashdim
Oct 19, 2005

Still losing criticals

MrLonghair posted:

Wish I had like a single hackusation to show for it. Maybe they did give me some, I don't know how to read Russian.

I had a "hackusation" today while in Fight Club - I was just loving around and using the LMG on people while crouched inside one of the concrete sewer pipe things that sits next to a cap point.

My response was that if I was hacking I would certainly do it to win instead :colbert:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ugh, so tempted to make an Enforcer and start over but I cannot be assed to have to get everything again. This game's customization is so good it's tempting. Wish they sold off the customization stuff, has the potential to make other games, like Saint's Row, even more awesome.

Gotta love how you can throw around a bunch of symbols, play around with the outline options, mirror it, and come out with awesome.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

flashdim posted:

I had a "hackusation" today while in Fight Club - I was just loving around and using the LMG on people while crouched inside one of the concrete sewer pipe things that sits next to a cap point.

My response was that if I was hacking I would certainly do it to win instead :colbert:

I think.. I.. well something made this guy stop playing to whisper me a bunch after I got a few kills in on him.
(Guess I'd be whispering too if a rank 40something random guy looking like the default model with the name PIayer beat me bad at all ranges with the HVR)

Also swear I saw two Whisper users go against each other and end the fight in a draw.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Dec 13, 2011

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I wanted to try this out but apparently my computer is so bad I lag at the login screen. I tried editing the ini file to see if i can increase performance but no dice.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

I had only known her for a brief moment, but I knew right away, she was the one. her name was xJillValentine and I knew our destinies were meant to intertwine and become one.
The way she quick switched her sniper rifle made me weak in the knees, made my heart skip a beat... she was perfect.

But I knew we could never be together, me being a black recovering drug addict turned cop and her being a young rich white Prentiss fresh out of the academy. We were just from two different worlds, society would never accept us.

But if I couldn't have her.. no one could..

So I put this drug addled brain to work and the result was Operation Prentiss Princess, stage a simple robbery while she's on duty and let my criminals on the inside do the rest, cops die in the streets of San Paro everyday.

:siren:ROBBERY IN PROGRESS. ALL AVAILABLE UNITS RESPOND IMMEDIATELY:siren:
The bait was set, now all those punk crims had to do was finish it, but it's never that easy. Jill and her unit tackled and cuffed those criminals like they were amateurs from Banners and Bodybags and the ones that decided to run, well Jill's sniper rifle took care of that.

I panicked, what if one of those crims gives me up, what if my whole plan is revealed? I couldn't let that happen, I had to take matters into my own black hands. I had to kill them all.

So I put my Obama mask on, crept out of the shadows with my OCA Whisper :ssh: and laid waste to the whole crime scene. Everyone was hushed into eternal sleep before they knew what hit em.

Good night sweet princess.

Oh well, there's always Orlenz' Moretti's sister.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically xJillValentine got mad I TKed him at the end of a witness mission and exemplified characteristics to that of Fai serious and unfunny, so I went ahead and fixed that glitch. Sorry we only got room for one Fai.

But little did I know I was messing with the wrong person, he's got a case against me!

Fake Edit: Also he's a racist homophobe who can't stand the fact that I'm a proud gay black man.
If you're in Something Lawful you're gonna get TKed by BlackAttack from time to time. :dealwithit:

red state bait fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Dec 13, 2011

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
If you're in Something Lawful you're going to get tked by regulars all the time. It's how we have fun nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

TKing is hilarious if done properly. I'm new to SomethingLawful, and I've already TK'd at least twice. Both times were hilarious.

• Locked thread